What's new

KoH 2021 Chit Chat

so what's the deal about leaving trash in the desert penalty? watching a B1 car do a tire swap, left the old one on the roadside and the announcers said there's a time penalty associated with that.

Austin you on the lakebed yet?

Looks like it.
PXL_20210131_215627601.jpg

T1/T2 trucks are awesome and a great match, i hope they are able to figure out a way to get the number of competitors up.

It worked out this year because the Mint (I think?) got pushed way back and is not as much of a scheduling conflict. It was covered in the KOH pre show on the Talent Tank

Qualifying for the golf carts today starting at 0900 PST, Power Hour Starts at 1600 PST and the Holley Shootout in the evening. Not sure if it's correct or not but I saw the Shootout was to be held at Backdoor again?

It worked out this year because the Mint (I think?) got pushed way back and is not as much of a scheduling conflict. It was covered in the KOH pre show on the Talent Tank

Listening to Fishgistics, another issue in terms of T1/T2 turnout was a bunch of the racers didn't want to come race for 2nd place behind Bryce.

Either way I hope all the desert races keep coming back and get better turnouts.

Is there an online way to listen to ops/team frequencies? I miss having my radio in my ear

As a usual participant in the annual KOH thread I vote for one thread for the week. Makes like easier.
I watched/listened to the T1/T2/B1 race yesterday while I was working on my house. Kind of boring compared to last year, but the coverage is still better. I'll chalk that up to COVID. I like the idea that the T2s can qualify and Hang with the T1s if they are fast enough.
What have we come up with for premium feed solutions on Roku? I thought there was supposed to be an app but I couldnt find it the other day. I'd rather keep the computer free for other tasks throughout the week.

Anyone have an iPhone hack for audio only? I tried one, but as soon as I request the YouTube desktop site, it opens the app and will not play in the background.

*edit, deleted the YouTube app and can now stream audio only, in the background

Last edited:
Anyone have an iPhone hack for audio only? I tried one, but as soon as I request the YouTube desktop site, it opens the app and will not play in the background.

*edit, deleted the YouTube app and can now stream audio only, in the background

You can also download Livestream to play audio only or picture in picture.

Listening to Fishgistics, another issue in terms of T1/T2 turnout was a bunch of the racers didn't want to come race for 2nd place behind Bryce.

the mcmillins were a no show, which is odd consider one of them won it the first year and got second last year. ZERO competition for bryce this year.

the mcmillins were a no show, which is odd consider one of them won it the first year and got second last year. ZERO competition for bryce this year.

Considering how well the McMillins tend to do in that race (short history but still) I was surprised that they had registered then didn't race.

@KoH on the youtube chat is saying that the schedule I posted is incorrect and that shootout is @ 7pm MST tonight, not 6 as that schedule says.

*shrug*

Top Back Refresh