Lil'John

Former #278
Member Number
Loc
Walking to the Rubicon
Title kind of states it.

For those that don't know the term k-rail, here is what they are:
3+K-rail.jpg

I know they weigh a fuck ton. My quick search, they appear relatively cheap in Calif(~$200 for 20 feet) Sadly a little bit short.

Anyone know what type of set back might be required from a road?

Anyone seen some that are cleaned up/hidden? I'd rather not bunker my house that bad:homer: Any good painting or other ideas.

2nd week of someone crashing in my yard:rolleyes: Not sure if it is new people further up the road or people upping their reefer intake.

A boulder came with the house:lmao:
bolder.jpg

I'm scared to find out the cost of "large" rocks.

Secondary goal is to build something up to ~3' to 3.5' to block out head lights.

Overpour blocks sound interesting.

Almost any batch plant. Usually they make them with end of lot material or leftover from big orders. If your local batch plant doesn't do them, they can point you in the right direction.

I was asking Sceep because he knows where all the bargins are in the area

They are called Earth blocks here. Both local concrete companies sell them. The biggest cost is labor and equipment to set them. If you want them to look good the prep work must be perfect or they don't mesh nicely.

Also we have codes regarding "retaining walls" here, anything over 36 inches must have an engineered footing and can't be on fill unless it has settled for a set period of time. Doesn't sound like what you want is a retaining wall to me but neighbors and inspectors have their own opinions.

I grew up on a steep hill, a house on a downhill sidestreet corner got hit by a runaway garbage truck so they put in embedded railroad track poles to try and keep from getting hit again.

Also we have codes regarding "retaining walls" here, anything over 36 inches must have an engineered footing and can't be on fill unless it has settled for a set period of time. Doesn't sound like what you want is a retaining wall to me but neighbors and inspectors have their own opinions.

Around here, decorative block walls have less requirements than real retaining walls. I was to say 40" total height for retaining walls require nothing. This is buried and exposed sections.

Carrol concrete makes them here, Redi-rock is the brand name, many different finishes.

Around here, decorative block walls have less requirements than real retaining walls. I was to say 40" total height for retaining walls require nothing. This is buried and exposed sections.

I ain't got no rules here all I have to do is make it look good!
I have a portion of the property that if we get a once in the year heavy rain water flows from town through here and has caused a wash out thinking about partially buring those just before the fence maybe two layers high adding some pond liner or used billboard covers to the bottom and creating a pond. It'll probably never happen but...

I built a berm with large rectangular landscaping rocks, about 1000 lb apiece that look much better than those, and will be just as strong if somebody hits them. Make it part of your yard or its just going to look like crap. Plus the smaller rocks are easier to move about, and gaps aren't that big of a deal.

How cold does it get where you are? Could you just fold some hog wire fencing over it and get some ivy/vines growing up to cover it?

Title kind of states it.

For those that don't know the term k-rail, here is what they are:

I know they weigh a fuck ton. My quick search, they appear relatively cheap in Calif(~$200 for 20 feet) Sadly a little bit short.

Anyone know what type of set back might be required from a road?

Anyone seen some that are cleaned up/hidden? I'd rather not bunker my house that bad:homer: Any good painting or other ideas.

2nd week of someone crashing in my yard:rolleyes: Not sure if it is new people further up the road or people upping their reefer intake.

Those look like dual sided sloped concrete barrier to me, but krail is way easier to say! :flipoff2:
Set back would depend on where the right if way line is and speed of the roadway. Also needs 3' of deflection behind it for unsecured and the traffic end would need to be buried or have an attenuator to make it not a liability for you if someone hits it.

Those are called Jersey Barriers! Since they are moveable seems like it should be no problem. I'd install then beg for forgiveness later if necessary.

Those look like dual sided sloped concrete barrier to me, but krail is way easier to say! :flipoff2:
Set back would depend on where the right if way line is and speed of the roadway. Also needs 3' of deflection behind it for unsecured and the traffic end would need to be buried or have an attenuator to make it not a liability for you if someone hits it.

We call them jersey barriers smarty pants

paint them brown or something.

Jersey barrier is also what I've always called them. Grew up in Louisiana, but had family in New Jersey

Top Back Refresh