What's new

Juneteenth 2021- our next Federal holiday

I think it's just a function of having a specific "holiday" in place already: all the celebrations, rap bands playing in the parks, etc. etc.: you're not just manufacturing an event out of whole cloth like you would with any of the other "major dates" in emancipation.. Those would be starting from scratch, this has well over a century of celebratory history already attached, even if it has only "spread" relatively recently. It's already packaged up nicely with traditions and such already in place.
So, you're saying . . . even though folks know it's wrong, they should just go along with it?

Doesn't that run contrary to the idea of celebrating emancipation? :confused: :flipoff2:

So, you're saying . . . even though folks know it's wrong, they should just go along with it?

Doesn't that run contrary to the idea of celebrating emancipation? :confused: :flipoff2:
Not sure why it's wrong? It IS celebrating a specific historical event on what is generally a "correct" date. (except for the aforementioned "closest saturday or sunday) Just because the rest of the country decided to appropriate Texas' event doesn't change that. This has been going since 1866 here, the rest of the country can just fuck off if they want us to adjust our traditions to make it fit with their own historical calendar.

I don't get it, why not a Federal holiday on Dec 6 to mark when the 13th Amendment was ratified? All Juneteenth is is when the Union military forced Texas into emancipation at the end of the Civil War. I don't understand why that would be a Federal holiday? It wasn't even a national event.
Cause that would be giving the white devils all the credit.

I think it's just a function of having a specific "holiday" in place already: all the celebrations, rap bands playing in the parks, etc. etc.: you're not just manufacturing an event out of whole cloth like you would with any of the other "major dates" in emancipation.. Those would be starting from scratch, this has well over a century of celebratory history already attached, even if it has only "spread" relatively recently. It's already packaged up nicely with traditions and such already in place.
That I can understand. Making it a Federal holiday still seems weird/pointless, but then again so is everything else the Feds do.

Kind of makes you wonder how they got the reputation of being cowards
France centuries ago would be similar to us today-

You have FAFO types, and others who we'll call woke cucks. That's why we have the Cajuns.

Hundreds of years ago, Paul and Terry and them got sick of the woke cucks in France, loaded up the flat bottoms with all the FAFO's and took out across the Atlantic in search of a mystical place known as Florida. Old ass 9.8 evinrudes drank some gas, and they ran out half way across. With no power, they wound up floating in up somewhere around St. Lawrence.

It was cold as fuck, and obviously not the tropical paradise they wanted. Also, they had found some woke cucks had hid out in the livewells and shit, so they kicked their ass out in Canada. Traded the Indians some beer for gas and 2 stroke oil, and took off down the river.

Somewhere along the way they wound up headed down the Mississippi. They were convinced this river lead to Florida (they was drinking. Alot). Soon as they hit Lake Pontchartrain, they knew they had fucked up. But they were out of gas again and drunk as fuck. So they set up camp and started fighting people.

This is why they don't like being referred to as "french". Now you know.

It's a TX thing. I'm in TX. No change for me.

I understand and recognize the importance of the date for locals. I don't get it being a national thing.

I'm wondering how fukd up Fourth of July is going to be this year. I fully expect the radical left to try their best to make it all about racism and to push the message that those who celebrate Independence Day are just a bunch of hate mongers.
Fuck em. I’ll be celebrating the 4th in my new home with legal fireworks lighting off my own display in my new front yard and cooking up some Lobstahs and Clams.

I refuse to acknowledge or celebrate this new bullshit made up muh FeElInGs “holiday” to appease the Fentanyl Floyd loving crybabies. They can all go suck a cock.

:stirthepot: Booze companies need as many holidays as they can to get people to buy their products. Walmart needs a reason to have a sale so they can on load as much ChiCom stuff as they can to people who think they are getting a bargan, and lets not leave out the car dealers, furniture store...

Cinco De Mayo was when a bunch a Mexican troops killed about 20 French, and one of them had a wooden hand! The French Forign Legion have a day of remembrance in which D Ajou hand is carried in a parade, but it wasn't untill the Amerrican businesses got the idea to lighten the pockets of the illiegals from Mexico's that it became a holiday.

4th of July, Thanksgiving, the orginal meaning of Christmas, and Easter are holidays ( I do have to add Halloween because it's mom's birthday). Almost every other one has been proposed by some business to make money
So if that’s true we should all be celebrating by drinking 40s of Old English right?

You have FAFO types, and others who we'll call woke cucks. That's why we have the Cajuns.

Hundreds of years ago, Paul and Terry and them got sick of the woke cucks in France, loaded up the flat bottoms with all the FAFO's and took out across the Atlantic in search of a mystical place known as Florida. Old ass 9.8 evinrudes drank some gas, and they ran out half way across. With no power, they wound up floating in up somewhere around St. Lawrence.

It was cold as fuck, and obviously not the tropical paradise they wanted. Also, they had found some woke cucks had hid out in the livewells and shit, so they kicked their ass out in Canada. Traded the Indians some beer for gas and 2 stroke oil, and took off down the river.

Somewhere along the way they wound up headed down the Mississippi. They were convinced this river lead to Florida (they was drinking. Alot). Soon as they hit Lake Pontchartrain, they knew they had fucked up. But they were out of gas again and drunk as fuck. So they set up camp and started fighting people.

:lmao:

:beer:

Yep, I grew up with it. It just was something that was present in TX. We studied it in school. It's a good thing to celebrate.
However, with many states picking this up it makes me think that radicalization of it is coming. It's no longer my holiday to celebrate even though I've done it my whole life. I'll no longer be worthy because of my light tan.
One could hope to surmize your last paragraph as something to resemble "Reparations Day" (burn/loot day) which would quickly become "The Purge"... since the gov-released COVID didn't have the desired effect...

Naw MLK was about the man whose words they have consigned to the dust heap, because they don't fit the narative.
I think he would be embarrassed by the way his people act these days

MLK and Malcom X would be fairly upset about this :laughing:

Looking like it's going to happen. It passed the Senate, the House will likely cower to the pressure. WTF has this country become. :mad3:
Boo
Pharkin
Ya!

and after 2 pages I learnt

Fuck:mr-t: thinking they are the almighty! They are the biggest racist people's I've ever met!

Fuck it, count me in. I won't get the day off, but I'll get triple time. Make all the stupid holidays you want- I'll go work my ass off and grill burgers when I get home.

:flipoff2:
Fuck! Good point that double time and a half doesn't happen all that often for me. I'll celebrate after work by getting drunk as fuck and eating fried chicken and watermelon. :flipoff2:

That whole french/canadian/southerner/backwardsasscousinfuckin culture evades me. Thanks for the details.

Carry on.

That whole french/canadian/southerner/backwardsasscousinfuckin culture evades me. Thanks for the details.
Let me add another fact~ No secret that those Frenchies drank* so much that a few boat party went the wrong way (how they missed the Mississippi River is beyond me) that they ended up in Maine or went down the Hudson River & ended up on Long Island-

*gotta admire them for choosing wine over water!

They bore the brunt of the fighting in World War One. They lost an entire generation of young men doing so.
That's the big thing, they flat just didn't have the manpower to fight WW2, so they rolled over, they really didn't have much of a tactical choice.

F it, let's just shut down for a whole week for Kwanzaa. Still won't make the woketards any happier.
I bet the leftists love reminiscing about telling all the blacks how to live their lives.

The fact that Cinco de mayo isn't a thing I mehico should tell you how real of a holiday it is.

Texas still has at least one mostly segregated black college and fast food places that the employees are predominantly black, apparently Juneteenth didn't help that much.:flipoff2: Fits in with the Opposite day party theme I guess.

Texas still has at least one mostly segregated black college and fast food places that the employees are predominantly black, apparently Juneteenth didn't help that much.:flipoff2: Fits in with the Opposite day party theme I guess.
Jackson State (Jackson, MS) - 90% black

Prariview A&M - 85.3%
Texas Southern - 82.4%
Huston-Tillostson - 65.4%

Keep trying! :flipoff2:

Just proves the point. We drove to Prairieview to check it out and we were not expecting that.:laughing:

That's hardly just a Texas thing?

Local Salvation Army is going to close tomorrow for Junteenth, but will be open Sat. :laughing:wtf?:confused::laughing:

1623957058588.png

Top Back Refresh