What's new

jd2 model 32 vs model 4

No, I have never worked with chromo.

90% of the cage in my jeep is 2" x .120" DOM steel and the model 4 didn't even break a sweat on it. When I tried 2" x .250" last night.............it tapped out.
Model 4 won't do 2x.250 ?

Model 4 won't do 2x.250 ?

Correct. I got about 15* and it ran out of ass. That said, when you look at the dies on the JD2 site, max wall for the 2" die is .134".

Like I said it just ran out of ass. It wasn't making the kind of sounds that you run away from.

how did you mount the HF air/hydro cyl? jd2s kit?

im now debating whether i should get the hydro version model 32 or just get the manual version model 32 and add a HF air/hydro cyl like you did

jd2s hydro cyl requires a hydro/air pump thats an extra 590$ and requires 20cfm at 100psi
I just recently bought a model 32 manual and am converting it to electric hydraulic for much cheaper than JD2's kit. I will put out a complete write up with an itemized shopping list once I get it tested.

I just recently bought a model 32 manual and am converting it to electric hydraulic for much cheaper than JD2's kit. I will put out a complete write up with an itemized shopping list once I get it tested.
can you please hurry up? :laughing::flipoff2: i need to pull the trigger soon and if what you come up with works good i may go that route, if not will probably just do the swag kit and HF air over hydro ram

can you please hurry up? :laughing::flipoff2: i need to pull the trigger soon and if what you come up with works good i may go that route, if not will probably just do the swag kit and HF air over hydro ram
I don't think you are going wrong with the 32 I wouldn't hesitate

Lol, I'm trying! I have all of the main parts. Had to build a custom tank and am currently getting everything mounted so I can measure for and order hoses and fittings. Still a couple weeks out. If you are feeling really impatient, I can send you a list of the major components. I just don't want to post anything until I get everything fully tested and can show a video of it working.

I've used manual model 3's quite a bit. A friend's shop has a model 4, which uses the expensive parts of the same dies as the model 3, and you can just buy new followers. The model 4 is awesome, and if I could do it again, that is what I would buy.

I bought the model 32, and did the air over hydro swag option, and it works just fine, and I saved like $1k over buying the 4 and their electric/ hydro setup. The die changes in the 4 are easier, repeatability is easier with the fixed degree wheel built into the plate compared to a flimsy TIG wire on the model 32.

I'm very pleased with the SWAG kit on my model 32, and never having to pull the lever. All in all, both work, but if I had the coin, I wish I had bought the 4.

Top Back Refresh