What's new

Is the guy that tunes fords and wears fancy driving shoes on here?

DMG

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I need some help with a Moates tuner on a 94 mustang I just bought.

Be sure you give him your altitude. :flipoff2:

I need some help with a Moates tuner on a 94 mustang I just bought.

Is it a general question or a deep dive?

My recent experience is with the 11+ stuff. You should try to get a hold of white trash 303 (from the old place not sure if he made the migration). He's a Moates guru.

Almost bought a 94-95 vert with 55k mi the other day, the thing might still be for sale. I figured I needed another vert like I need a hole in the head :flipoff2: Hate the styling but they are a neat combo of old pushrod 5.0, 5 lug, rear disc brake, and I think the first verts made in house by Ford? pics?

My recent experience is with the 11+ stuff. You should try to get a hold of white trash 303 (from the old place not sure if he made the migration). He's a Moates guru.

Almost bought a 94-95 vert with 55k mi the other day, the thing might still be for sale. I figured I needed another vert like I need a hole in the head :flipoff2: Hate the styling but they are a neat combo of old pushrod 5.0, 5 lug, rear disc brake, and I think the first verts made in house by Ford? pics?

Most consistent loser here. :flipoff2:

:beer:

Arizona car I assume?
I have been scouting for an SN95 locally, not much that isn’t complete garbage. After a coupe really but if the price is right... Care to share the info?

I’ll get pics up tomorrow.

Yeah, I made it here. I might know a thing or two about Moates.

[No message]

photo16738.jpg

Good to see ya 'round :beer:

DMG:
nice! Looks like a Cobra possibly? how many miles on the clock? Should be a fun toy...

Not a real cobra. A clone built with some nice parts, Ported GT40 stuff, B303 cam, scorpion 1.7 rockers, BBK long tubes,etc. 4.10 gear, 5 speed. No rust anywhere which is nice here in Pennsylvania.

Running now. Just need a tune and some other basic shit. Then it’s time for crowd control.

Fun toy. My wife's 19 GT is fun to drive and stupid quick, but I'm not sure how people are losing control of them at all. Even with traction control off, it is not difficult to control. :confused:

Not a real cobra. A clone built with some nice parts, Ported GT40 stuff, B303 cam, scorpion 1.7 rockers, BBK long tubes,etc. 4.10 gear, 5 speed. No rust anywhere which is nice here in Pennsylvania.

Sounds like a fun mild N/A build. A few of those mods need some tuning for sure, sounds like WT303 is on it. You'll have fun, post videos of the burnouts/crowd control measures :D

Fun toy. My wife's 19 GT is fun to drive and stupid quick, but I'm not sure how people are losing control of them at all. Even with traction control off, it is not difficult to control. :confused:

I think lots of idiots buy them because they are easily accessible cost wise, noobs that have never driven anything RWD or semi-powerful. Then again, when you hit the yootoobs for "Camaro crash videos", "corvette crash videos", "supercar driver fails" - there is no shortage of idiots crashing any of them.

Sounds like a fun mild N/A build. A few of those mods need some tuning for sure, sounds like WT303 is on it. You'll have fun, post videos of the burnouts/crowd control measures :D

I think lots of idiots buy them because they are easily accessible cost wise, noobs that have never driven anything RWD or semi-powerful. Then again, when you hit the yootoobs for "Camaro crash videos", "corvette crash videos", "supercar driver fails" - there is no shortage of idiots crashing any of them.

It seems the more money they have the harder they crash. :laughing:

In a lot of the videos they lift suddenly or even hit the brakes instead of counter-steering and riding it out. Panic.

In a lot of the videos they lift suddenly or even hit the brakes instead of counter-steering and riding it out. Panic.

"Jesus take the wheel! "

:laughing:

I bought my first 5.0 fox on a rainy night, I'd only owned 4wds, I was 18 or 19, while I'd had a ton of sideways time in the dirt, I'd never owned a 245hp rocket:flipoff2:

about 10 minutes after buying it I got squirrelly going up an onramp, backed out, decided to ease it on home, stopping at the vatozone I worked at, to show off, or buy something stupid, and promptly smashed the front fascia on the parking stop:laughing:

Full disclosure, I never called it fast, it was faster than my highboy, willys and beater yota, and got 20mpg with AC, it was fun to drive and looked good, next one was a 500hp monster:usa:

Speaking of, what programmers do people use for fords? I have a 2016 Ford V10 I just need to change the tire size on.

Speaking of, what programmers do people use for fords? I have a 2016 Ford V10 I just need to change the tire size on.

I have a 06 V10 truck for which I used a SCT tuner And a tune from 5 star. It woke it up and made it shift better.

It seems the more money they have the harder they crash. :laughing:

The composites/CF and lightweight stuff sure don't crash too well :eek:

In the '14 an older ones the relatively tall and underdamped suspension, stick axle, combined with the quick panic snapping the throttle shut mid slide is what leads to the crowd surfing events, imho.

I'd never owned a 245hp rocket:flipoff2:

No Fox had 245 unless you are adding your K&N filter :flipoff2: 225 was the highest '87-93 for normal LX's/GT's. 235 if you had a Cobra.

The SCT handhelds do simple adjustments like that well.

So, does a 96 ford explorer 5.0 computer need to be flashed to run in a swap? Haven't got to that point yet, just curious if its going to start up and run or not? motor and trans are in a 72 ford f100.

No Fox had 245 unless you are adding your K&N filter :flipoff2: 225 was the highest '87-93 for normal LX's/GT's. 235 if you had a Cobra.

well, since you brought it up, it came with k&n, flow masters, limo tint, bypassed heater core, a mofawkin restored title, and the factory upper intake was polished, on the outside:mr-t:

245hp, eat me:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh