What's new

Is it just me ...

My brother has had several. His first one put down 600,000 trouble free miles before it was totaled by an idiot in a honda. My cummins on the other hand.... Every month was like a boat. Bust out another thousand.
I have owned a 6.0 for the last 6 months. You have to own a maintainance shop just to pay for the repairs!!! :flipoff2:
3 alternators, 1 set of batterys, 1 starter, FICM is acting up. Carrier bearing, Steering box, and it lost an idler pully not too long ago. Believe it or not, most of that was warrantied. Still sucks working on it every other week.

Let’s get you back to bed grandpa
IMG_0318.jpeg

2nd gen cummins.

Dodge, Oh hey guys, here is an overdrive transmission to help with speed and fuel mileage but whatever you do, don't use it.

Top speed up against the governor, no OD, 58mph.

I don't mean to bash dodge, but it sure is fun. At least they don't come with a box of dildos like the chevys do.

I have driven and loathed just about every truck that has been on a road ever it seems like. Not playing favorites here.
A buddy just put a 68rfe in his '19 ram, he said money well spent :shaking:

So you're basing everything on one engine that was produced for 4 years? Hell even ford knew it was a pos. The realized the 6.4 wasn't much better.

We really don't need to start a list for the Dodge. It'd look like the long cat post...:flipoff2:
I mean let's be real, everything has its own share of issues, for me Fords are just the easiest to make fun of. I mean, they circled the problem from the factory. :flipoff2:

I mean let's be real, everything has its own share of issues, for me Fords are just the easiest to make fun of. I mean, they circled the problem from the factory. :flipoff2:
that is awesome, I am old and still never heard that one before.

20240224_140420.jpg

Got gas today, had to do some more round town driving than just hwy commuting. Mileage improved from nearly 10 to just over 10 mpg :smokin:

This song came on the radio and now I'm thinking of ways to swap the 1 10" for 2 15" behind the seat :rasta:

that is awesome, I am old and still never heard that one before.
:smokin:. One of our favorite pastimes growing up was shitting on Ford's. I'm glad to see some good zingers in this thread that I haven't heard before. :grinpimp:

I have owned a 6.0 for the last 6 months. You have to own a maintainance shop just to pay for the repairs!!! :flipoff2:
3 alternators, 1 set of batterys, 1 starter, FICM is acting up. Carrier bearing, Steering box, and it lost an idler pully not too long ago. Believe it or not, most of that was warrantied. Still sucks working on it every other week.
He also bought and mantained/drove it from new. There is a key to keeping a 6.0 alive and most people have spent way too long doing it wrong for one to be decent now without some work. Especially since the people who buy them now are cheap fucks who don't know what they got into they just think they got a smoking deal on an f350. Those things are almost all more shitty mantained truck than they are 6.0 problems. Except the ficm. That is specific but hey duramaxes used to be 7k to do a water pump and need injectors every other year so tomato/tomahto. Also for the record the truck the 6.0 was in was great.... Before they put that shitty INTERNATIONAL in there:flipoff2:.

Especially since the people who buy them now are cheap fucks who don't know what they got into they just think they got a smoking deal on an f350..
F*cking hit the nail on the head with that.. I wouldn’t have bought it without the 2 folders worth of receipts either. :flipoff2: I’m so cheap, I put the good rain-x wiper on the driver side and the walmrat special on the passenger side. I ain’t looking out of that side anyways.

Also for the record the truck the 6.0 was in was great.... Before they put that shitty INTERNATIONAL in there:flipoff2:.
I’ll take an idi turbo over a powerstroke anyday. :flipoff2:

F*cking hit the nail on the head with that.. I wouldn’t have bought it without the 2 folders worth of receipts either. :flipoff2: I’m so cheap, I put the good rain-x wiper on the driver side and the walmrat special on the passenger side. I ain’t looking out of that side anyways.

I’ll take an idi turbo over a powerstroke anyday. :flipoff2:
I probably wouldn't buy one now. But nearly every time he buys a "new" truck and it comes up he will grumble about how he wishes he had that gold truck back because nothing else works like it. And to his credit it didn't have a straight body panel on it but it would pull like a raped ape no matter what was behind it. It even runs upside down:flipoff2:. Or atleast it did last time i saw it:laughing:. But seriously those trucks did have a great frame and chassis and the 5r110 was an awesome trans. The 6.0 if it runs good wasn't awful either. But personally the best truck is that era 6.0 given the fummins treatment.

I probably wouldn't buy one now. But nearly every time he buys a "new" truck and it comes up he will grumble about how he wishes he had that gold truck back because nothing else works like it. And to his credit it didn't have a straight body panel on it but it would pull like a raped ape no matter what was behind it. It even runs upside down:flipoff2:. Or atleast it did last time i saw it:laughing:. But seriously those trucks did have a great frame and chassis and the 5r110 was an awesome trans. The 6.0 if it runs good wasn't awful either. But personally the best truck is that era 6.0 given the fummins treatment.

LOL...the 5R110 was great after everything was fixed on it.

Second one I bought went out at 500 miles. Planetary gears walked out due to shitty machining.

First one went out while the first one was in the shop. The snap ring debacle. Grenaded the case.

This was in January. Lost a month of work between the 2 of them that season. Fortunately I had kept my Dodges for backups.

So the first one that grenaded has a good story. Dealer had 12 other trucks sitting in the lot, all with 5R110s out. National backorder on parts. Service writer tells me Ford will warranty it this time, but not if it happens again because Ford tells them it was abuse...operator not coming to a complete stop before changing directions. I told him bullshit, it was my dad operating it with over 40 years plowing. Then he asks if I want to look at the transmission...sure. Brings me back, mechanic starts telling me how great these transmissions are and how they won't shift if there is motion sensed on the output shaft.

I stand there looking at them like they have 2 heads. Do you realize how stupid you 2 are?

So I ask: If this transmission will not shift if motion is sensed on the output shaft, how can the grenaded tranny be a result of the operator shifting while it's in motion?

Uh....ummm, hey that's a great point. We never thought of that.

I then mentioned how these 2 problems are well known and there are hundreds of Super Duties all over NA sitting in dealer lots because Ford screwed up the planetaries AND the snap ring and they will warranty it however many times it does go out. They agreed.

Had a Transgo shift kit put in #2, never had a problem again. #1 lost the transmission the next winter, same thing. Paid to have the Transgo shift kit installed in that one as well and never had a problem again.

Or how about the mystery downshifts #1 had. My dad, driving up the road around 45 MPH and it downshifted into first on him...out of the blue. Talked with a guy on Ford Truck Enthusiasts that had the same thing happen to him, except he was hauling a boat in the mountains in California and it put him into oncoming traffic.

Garbage engines

LOL...the 5R110 was great after everything was fixed on it.

Second one I bought went out at 500 miles. Planetary gears walked out due to shitty machining.

First one went out while the first one was in the shop. The snap ring debacle. Grenaded the case.

This was in January. Lost a month of work between the 2 of them that season. Fortunately I had kept my Dodges for backups.

So the first one that grenaded has a good story. Dealer had 12 other trucks sitting in the lot, all with 5R110s out. National backorder on parts. Service writer tells me Ford will warranty it this time, but not if it happens again because Ford tells them it was abuse...operator not coming to a complete stop before changing directions. I told him bullshit, it was my dad operating it with over 40 years plowing. Then he asks if I want to look at the transmission...sure. Brings me back, mechanic starts telling me how great these transmissions are and how they won't shift if there is motion sensed on the output shaft.

I stand there looking at them like they have 2 heads. Do you realize how stupid you 2 are?

So I ask: If this transmission will not shift if motion is sensed on the output shaft, how can the grenaded tranny be a result of the operator shifting while it's in motion?

Uh....ummm, hey that's a great point. We never thought of that.

I then mentioned how these 2 problems are well known and there are hundreds of Super Duties all over NA sitting in dealer lots because Ford screwed up the planetaries AND the snap ring and they will warranty it however many times it does go out. They agreed.

Had a Transgo shift kit put in #2, never had a problem again. #1 lost the transmission the next winter, same thing. Paid to have the Transgo shift kit installed in that one as well and never had a problem again.

Or how about the mystery downshifts #1 had. My dad, driving up the road around 45 MPH and it downshifted into first on him...out of the blue. Talked with a guy on Ford Truck Enthusiasts that had the same thing happen to him, except he was hauling a boat in the mountains in California and it put him into oncoming traffic.

Garbage engines
I have never seen a transmission take abuse like a 5r110 after the first couple of years.

The mystery downshifts were probably because someone had messed with a wiring harness on the right side that goes past the exhaust. If it is not secured, it rubs through on the exhaust and makes the transmission shift down or into 2 gears at once.

I have never seen a transmission take abuse like a 5r110 after the first couple of years.

The mystery downshifts were probably because someone had messed with a wiring harness on the right side that goes past the exhaust. If it is not secured, it rubs through on the exhaust and makes the transmission shift down or into 2 gears at once.

Well, if it was, the dealer fixed it and never said anything.

I'm fairly confident it was a programming problem that they knew about and fixed it with one of the bazillion reflashes.

I see that, but somehow it got changed. CDA 455 II started that thread working on his '94 bronco.
Funny how both time you've asked that question you've been completely ignored :laughing:

When that changeover happened, I noticed that the all caps title changed, so Austin probably just thought that shit was super obnoxious sitting in the new posts tab every day and went in to edit it. Software maybe diddled the post in the process on accident. Just my theory.

lets face it... too many letters in the other brands for dumb mf's to make up something witty like 'fixed or repaired daily'

funny how someone gets butthurt over a forum that actually gets traffic though!

jesus we are a touchy species!

Top Back Refresh