What's new

Is it just me ...

They're the only ones that didn't rust away? :flipoff2:

That's hilarious...after switching back to RAMs I found out what lower cost of ownership and not rusted bodies and frames are.

That's hilarious...after switching back to RAMs I found out what lower cost of ownership and not rusted bodies and frames are.
^That is hilarious. As a long time Dodge owner all I remember hearing here from many posters is what shit Dodges are with crap transmissions, dashed that fall apart, crap electricals and rust issues.

^That is hilarious. As a long time Dodge owner all I remember hearing here from many posters is what shit Dodges are with crap transmissions, dashed that fall apart, crap electricals and rust issues.

I had 3 7.3s and 3 6.0s. They were all rust buckets and cost me a ton of money to keep them running.

'14 RAM 2500 has very little rust underneath. I did get it repainted a couple years ago because of all the rock chips in it.
'15 RAM 5500 is the same, and it's used as a plow/salt truck. Has been since new.
'16 RAM 5500 has quite a bit more rust underneath, it came from somewhere in Kannuckia, out east someplace.

The '14 has had the tranny rebuilt, but I may be kinda hard on it when plowing. Nothing on the other 2.

No cracked dashes and they all spend their time outside year round.

No electrical issues.

Maybe they were confused.

Best Ford wiring story I have is from my 750, with the Allison MD3050. It quit shifting, just had lightning bolts on the display. I checked all the related fuses, they were good. Checked wiring. Finally had a mobile mekanik come out. Short time later...it's fixed.

What was the problem?

Blown fuse

I checked the related fuses.

Did you check the fuse labeled Hyd Brakes Only?

What a dumbass I am...truck has air brakes and WTF would anything for the transmission be wired through the fuse box in a spot labeled Hyd Brakes Only?

There aren't ANY older dodges left here. None. Couldn't tell you the last time I saw a 90's ram here.

Lots of obs Ford and chevys though.
I'm not saying they all suck but the only vehicle I've ever giving away simply to cut my losses was a Dodge. You could park it with absolutely nothing wrong with it and the piece of shit would sit there and total itself out. :laughing:

I'm not saying they all suck but the only vehicle I've ever giving away simply to cut my losses was a Dodge. You could park it with absolutely nothing wrong with it and the piece of shit would sit there and total itself out. :laughing:
Can confirm.

I want to go to the lumberyard today.

Dodge: left rear brake line says no.

Fix brake line, go to lumber yard, load up and want to go home.

Dodge: starter says you are not going home.

Put new starter on in Home depot parking lot, start home.

Dodge: Fuel return line says, I told you we ain't going home.

true story.

So you're basing everything on one engine that was produced for 4 years? Hell even ford knew it was a pos. The realized the 6.4 wasn't much better.

We really don't need to start a list for the Dodge. It'd look like the long cat post...:flipoff2:

No

We really don't need to start a list for the Dodge. It'd look like the long cat post...:flipoff2:
2nd gen cummins.

Dodge, Oh hey guys, here is an overdrive transmission to help with speed and fuel mileage but whatever you do, don't use it.

Top speed up against the governor, no OD, 58mph.

I don't mean to bash dodge, but it sure is fun. At least they don't come with a box of dildos like the chevys do.

I have driven and loathed just about every truck that has been on a road ever it seems like. Not playing favorites here.

2nd gen cummins.

So you're basing everything on one engine that was produced for 4 years? Hell even ford knew it was a pos. The realized the 6.4 wasn't much better.

What is humorous to me is that the Cummins is the same basic platform they started using in '89.

Can Furd or Chubbie/GayMansChubie say that?

What is humorous to me is that the Cummins is the same basic platform they started using in '89.

Like I said, hard to knock them.

I had a 99 cummins and I am sure part of whatever hasn't rusted away is still sitting in someone's yard up on blocks yet today.

The only issue Cummins ever had was having a pos Dodge wrapped around it. It was/is the only redeeming quality.

Though I think the 5.9 12 valve was the best.

However, you stated lower cost of ownership, rusted body and frames. That's not the Dodge I know or have heard of.

Ford also didn't design or make them.... I know because I worked in a dealer for the assholes who did.

Top Back Refresh