What's new

IRATE Tire & Wheel Thread

what tires are pecker tires?

Geolander X-MT's

geolander.jpg

The center lugs don't clean out down here

You're trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Get something with a higher void if you want to play in the mud and deal with bad road manners. Or get a tighter pattern that actually works in rocks and drives worth a damn on the street.

Bump, planning ahead for new tires as it looks like the pro comp mt2s that I love are getting hard to find and only being made in brodozer sizes now:mad3:. I am looking for info on blue label krawlers, I don't see much out there. The trucks a 2002 Tacoma that gets driven between 3-8hrs on the highway to get to the trails, hits moderate to hard trails then driven home, and around town a few days a week, so MAYBE 5k miles a year. This is in the SE, but don't want a swamper or a sticky because of the street driving, and honestly the pro comps do better a lot of the time than the swampers aired down nice and low and crawling. Also looking to stay on 37s. Nittos kind of sucks down here, not impressed by the maxxis razors watching them on similar rigs.

Do they still make blue labels?

You're trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Get something with a higher void if you want to play in the mud and deal with bad road manners. Or get a tighter pattern that actually works in rocks and drives worth a damn on the street.
That's what this entire hobby is lol!!

I was just looking for different tire options out there to pursue that aren't the geolander dick tires that people keep recommending:laughing:. Blue labels peaked my curiosity as I don't see any info on them out there.

That's what this entire hobby is lol!!

I was just looking for different tire options out there to pursue that aren't the geolander dick tires that people keep recommending:laughing:. Blue labels peaked my curiosity as I don't see any info on them out there.

You're not wrong.

I wanted blue labels pretty badly but $600 a tire was a tough pill to swallow.

A buddy from my old club swore by blue labels. East coast stuff from PA down to around the SE. He was firmly in the no trailer club in a nicely built CJ7 on tons. Everyone else in the club mostly trailered and ran swampers (sticky or dot).

I don't think anything will be a really great east coast tire if it's DOT and road manners remotely matter. Razr's, nittos, mickey's, stt pro's. They seem to all do ok and work well on the street.

With your trailer setup, you should be buying red labels anyway:flipoff2:

I like getting ice cream in the Tacoma :flipoff2:

The Razr's will stay around for next summer and then it'll be time for a new tire and wheel to match the new axles. I'd consider a red or some other sticky at that point since a 3RZ isn't pushing 40's on the street.

Top Back Refresh