What's new

Interesting Craigslist finds

4wd roll off?
That's a thought, it's from a 6.0, maybe it goes in that rollback missing the pump, or maybe I build another obs cclb with a 12v

Either way, I'm F'N stoked :smokin:

I don't have much use for a 4wd rollback, but if I ever moved up north somewhere, that would be a very nice rig

Could be a service truck trans. Our 99 F550 4x4 service truck is set up exactly like that.
It was a 11' flat bed with a big winch, something about a hay hauler

Oddly enough, it's a ford reman trans, and the part number ends with FARM
I'm guessing that's not an accident

anyone need some fender flairs for their fender flairs?

1626749630105.jpeg

nope, the 773 was too big so I recentered the wheels trying to make it smaller
it still isn't small enough
I'm gonna try and stick a 36" bucket on it I found in my woods, it probably still won't be small enough, might end up renting a mini ride-on deal

ETA: I'd prolly use it to dredge scrap outta my swamps

Last edited:
I've done a mini-ex in a basement...had to take the ROPS off to get in the door, but it was SO worth the rental.
I have a real hard time justifying rentals
there's a hydra-mac 8A for $2k somewhat local (they're itty bitty)

I have a real hard time justifying rentals
there's a hydra-mac 8A for $2k somewhat local (they're itty bitty)
If you want one to dig and not just move material, hold out for an 8C. The chain drives are too light duty for hard digging, and there are parts that you can break trying that you can't find anymore. The 8C's are gear drive all the way, and strong enough to handle anything the factory Onan or any air cooled replacement you can throw at it.

Upside of the 8A's is the hydros are the same as IH cub cadet's (not sure how late you can go), just don't use the cub swash plate as you will find you can't go as fast in one direction as the other.

The 8A is great for a shop or around-the-house skid steer, just don't think you are going to dig a hole with it and make it live very long. They were intended to clean out hog, chicken, and turkey houses.

A closer examination of the ad says that the chains probably need replaced. If you have to adjust them much at all, the chains are worn out. Worn chains will eventually lead to jumping, which will lead to breaking parts you can't find anymore.

The 8A is great for a shop or around-the-house skid steer, just don't think you are going to dig a hole with it and make it live very long. They were intended to clean out hog, chicken, and turkey houses.
really that's all skid steers are good for anyways

@486 you need to find a asv pt30. Damn thing can only pick up 300# but super tiny to fit in you basement. I use it to sweep the garage out. I like it even though it’s a tracked machine.

Am still a little tempted by this, but I think it's past my skill level to finish. I'd probably have to farm out more than I'd want :( Got a little more info from the guy: I have probably about 100 or so pictures. It’s far from done but let me know what you’d like to see and I can send over some photos! It’s the stock frame. Front axle is from a 1997 f-super duty. Rear axle is out of a 1997 f250 (sterling 10.25). Steering isn’t set up but I do have a brand new steering box and the rest of the parts to set it up. I have all the glass. Drivetrain is all there but wiring isn’t hooked up yet. I hooked it up to make sure she fired, but then took it off to fab the firewall and floor which I haven’t gotten to yet.

If the front was still on leaves I'd be more tempted, I'm skeptical the setup is any good now

_nc_ohc=ZdqKLi1plVMAX97qrlN&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

Top Back Refresh