What's new

Interesting Craigslist finds

Someone who has a double digit number of brain cells and isn't trying to beat flat rate time should have no problem un-fucking a TTB.

Unfortunately few here meet both those criteria. :flipoff2:
Therrs a good frame shop near me that I’ve seen bend TTBs to get them aligned

Especially for guys who lower the 2wd trucks

Reactions: DMG
Someone who has a double digit number of brain cells and isn't trying to beat flat rate time should have no problem un-fucking a TTB.

Unfortunately few here meet both those criteria. :flipoff2:
TTB alignment issues can be a big deal. Plus the issues created by the swap. There are a bunch of companies doing 4wd van conversions. No one is doing TTB conversions because the one guy that got it right died.

I’m still tempted

Screenshot_20240808-090840.png

I've been drooling over this one for months

Just keep telling myself I don't have the time for another project

He lowered the price to $2500 a week or two ago and it's been real hard to not go pick it up

1000000278.png

ttb sportsmobile...

Factory Sportsmobile Van 4X4 Conversion - $19,500 (SB)

00Y0Y_iOCo61MldgQ_0CI0hr_1200x900.jpg

IMG_3735.png
Guy that owns the old feed store couple of miles from me,has a blue 65 or 66 fastback. Blue with a 289. Sitting in an old corral. Been there since I moved down here,15 years ago. Told a ford friend,he asked about it. Said I'm gonna fix it up some day.

1723061844472.png

Are 7.3's that cheap on the West Coast? 150k miles on that? It'd be $15-20k here. I don't love the bed, but otherwise it's what I've been looking for. Almost worth the fly and drive...

Are 7.3's that cheap on the West Coast? 150k miles on that? It'd be $15-20k here. I don't love the bed, but otherwise it's what I've been looking for. Almost worth the fly and drive...
I do not believe that, that is the typical price.

Buy my OBS dually….

You saw that the trans is fuckered?

Reactions: DMG
I do not believe that, that is the typical price.
I missed the part about "transmission problems". But still a smokin' deal. And it'd still be worth the fly and drive if there were someone reliable that could fix or swap the tran.

Any vehicle over 8 years old is worth a fly and drive from the west coast.
That's what I'm seeing. Flew out to Denver a few months ago to help a buddy drive a 7.3 Excursion back to NC. Couldn't find anything with the miles and price here.

As much as I want it to it doesn't usually pencil out if you're not buying high dollar and/or rare shit.

One like that, I bet I could make at least $5k on it, as long as the trans repair isn't crazy.
Couple hundred bucks for a cheap flight, $700 in fuel...call it $1k for fuel and misc supplies. I could make it work as long as I could time it between other commitments.

One like that, I bet I could make at least $5k on it, as long as the trans repair isn't crazy.
Couple hundred bucks for a cheap flight, $700 in fuel...call it $1k for fuel and misc supplies. I could make it work as long as I could time it between other commitments.
I meant like high dollar in the destination market. Yeah you could probably make money on that truck.

Nobody is making money importing commuter cars, half ton trucks, vans and fleet trucks, etc

I meant like high dollar in the destination market. Yeah you could probably make money on that truck.

Nobody is making money importing commuter cars, half ton trucks, vans and fleet trucks, etc

Need to have someone reliable on the West coast side to collect and store them to make it worth. Find a transporter that can move 3-4 at a time and could probably make 10-15k per run.

There's a guy from up your way that has a deal with a local yard here that sells him good pickup boxes for $2-300 apiece. He comes down a few times year and loads up a 20' trailer and sells them for $1-2k up in salt country.

Need to have someone reliable on the West coast side to collect and store them to make it worth. Find a transporter that can move 3-4 at a time and could probably make 10-15k per run.

There's a guy from up your way that has a deal with a local yard here that sells him good pickup boxes for $2-300 apiece. He comes down a few times year and loads up a 20' trailer and sells them for $1-2k up in salt country.
I have tried to put something like that together in the past. It doesn't work out, bringing stuff from the most expensive markets to less expensive. That thing is cheap because it needs a transmission and .003% of the population will buy a truck without a truck bed.

I'm aware. He's out of New Haven or something like that. I've bought unrelated shit from him.

He's not really making money on the beds per se. He's making money on how dysfunctional LTL freight is. People are willing to pay double or more to not deal with it.

Top Back Refresh