What's new

Interesting Craigslist finds

When people talk about people being better back in the day remember that those idiots back then were scrapping shit like this less 50yr of wear. :laughing:

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 8.12.45 PM.png

Kinda tempted. Seems like it'd be a good sawmill garbage trailer.

When people talk about people being better back in the day remember that those idiots back then were scrapping shit like this less 50yr of wear. :laughing:

I have a utility trailer that was built in the 50s

Has an axle that they stopped making in 1959

1714659927311.png
Not $12k nice , but it’s nice .

My brother had the hatchback version , paid $1,200 for it and drove it for 10 or 12 years .

Had 498k on the clock when it finally died .
We were driving it everywhere trying to get it to roll over to half a million , I got rear ended and it got smashed but was still drivable. And then I was power shifting into second and stripped the ring gear in the back axle .

Not $12k nice , but it’s nice .

My brother had the hatchback version , paid $1,200 for it and drove it for 10 or 12 years .

Had 498k on the clock when it finally died .
We were driving it everywhere trying to get it to roll over to half a million , I got rear ended and it got smashed but was still drivable. And then I was power shifting into second and stripped the ring gear in the back axle .

I had one in the shop a few months ago. The amount of people that came through the shop, who had a story about shenanigans in one of those cars was impressive

1714659927311.png
Agree with nice but not $12k nice

And I think its more like a 73 or 74.

Back in the 80's I had a $100 72 that I was merciless to. Actually it held up pretty good. Ended up trading it for a boom box and some 6x9 speakers. Running driving car. The guy never gave me the speakers because he said I ripped him off... :lmao::lmao:

Reactions: DMG
I had one in the shop a few months ago. The amount of people that came through the shop, who had a story about shenanigans in one of those cars was impressive
When I was a kid I worked at a Pick n Pull with a huge, usually empty warehouse. We had a 70s celica from a police auction stashed in there for doing indoor donuts. Every day.

Same place I bought a stripped 84 Toyota 4wd from the company for $150. Just a cab, motor, transmission and transfer case left.
Every day I would either pull parts or work on it for my whole lunch hour. Boss gave me all the parts for almost nothing because I was the only guy there that spoke English and came to work every day. :laughing:

After a few months I drove it down to the Rocklin DMV, got a break and lamp inspection and drove it for a few years.

When I was a kid I worked at a Pick n Pull with a huge, usually empty warehouse. We had a 70s celica from a police auction stashed in there for doing indoor donuts. Every day.

Same place I bought a stripped 84 Toyota 4wd from the company for $150. Just a cab, motor, transmission and transfer case left.
Every day I would either pull parts or work on it for my whole lunch hour. Boss gave me all the parts for almost nothing because I was the only guy there that spoke English and came to work every day. :laughing:

After a few months I drove it down to the Rocklin DMV, got a break and lamp inspection and drove it for a few years.
:laughing: you got it one piece at a time!

Reactions: DMG
this was shared to a page I follow, the comments were all exactly what you'd expect :laughing:

Antique pig scraper, Farm tool, Butcher

431304995_433500275715368_3615583872692624265_n.jpg

This things sick. If I didnt already have no room Id deate grabbing it :smokin:

Thank god it's the 6.0L or I might be poor right now.

2003 Xplorer xcursion
$54,400
Listed 2 days ago in Lake Orion, MI

421645458_1387531521944628_8976553088627833217_n.jpg

A vaguely remember this craze as a kid.

Screenshot_20240503_192410_Facebook.jpg

There was a red one in an alley near my house that I would walk past almost daily. Always wondered "why?" followed up with "IDK but I kind of want it."

Top Back Refresh