What's new

Interesting Craigslist finds

Local FB add for some race car related parts. :lmao:

Screenshot_20240423-085520_Samsung Internet.jpg

What axle would this be? I thought Jeep was all Dana axles prior to the AMC era

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 6.56.25 AM.png
Looks a lot like a ford 9" that was swapped in. Same wheel bolt pattern so it would make sense. I looked it up and the late 70's early 80s f150 width ones are a common swap in those.

Last edited:
Was probable stolen or had title issues until he cab swapped it. Can't see any other reason someone would make a yard plow truck out of a usable vehicle right from the get go. Heck, even local .gov municipal shit is registered.
Gotta pay taxes if you register it. Plenty of farmers and ranchers have done the same over the years, with trucks, trailers, and ATVs. And a few dealers I know of who bought trucks just to plow.
Short-sighted I know, but it is what it is.

Gotta pay taxes if you register it. Plenty of farmers and ranchers have done the same over the years, with trucks, trailers, and ATVs. And a few dealers I know of who bought trucks just to plow.
Another good example is fire department brush trucks. There was a metric shit ton of them at rural volunteer departments that were never registered and saw maybe 20k miles over their life with the department. That's a lot of squarebodys and first gen dodges.

I've seen that done more than one but they always seem to register it once so they've got a plate and papers in their name and a lot less opportunity for the pigs to give them shit.

Another good example is fire department brush trucks. There was a metric shit ton of them at rural volunteer departments that were never registered and saw maybe 20k miles over their life with the department. That's a lot of squarebodys and first gen dodges.
All that shit gets registered in the northeast.

I've seen that done more than one but they always seem to register it once so they've got a plate and papers in their name and a lot less opportunity for the pigs to give them shit.
Think about it. You’re a farmer who’s got some land and the truck isn’t leaving the property, or it’s only going on a gravel road where the likelihood of seeing 5-0 is small, and the odds they do shit is smaller.
Or you’re a car dealer in a small town and you slap your paper dealer plates on it. Nobody’s really messing with that from the law perspective.
I’m sure things are different in your area, but it’s really pretty common around here.

i have a 44' trailer that i never registered, i have a MSO for it. they seemed to have no problem for me to get it registered here in Texas. its been sitting up in Colorado for 15 years.

Think about it.
ever having been registered then being followed up with a cab swap and registration kind of raises red flags. I'd still drive it because you can always pass the buck to the last guy who registered it and the cops will never check the frame vin. But still the situation reeks of "sketchy".

If it was just a farm truck why did it get a cab swap?
You’re a farmer who’s got some land and the truck isn’t leaving the property, or it’s only going on a gravel road where the likelihood of seeing 5-0 is small, and the odds they do shit is smaller.
It's an extra few hundred bucks on what was a $10k+ in the day vehicle to be able to drive it to town. This isn't some farmer picking up yet another well used truck. Someone bought this thing new and skipped the ability drive it on the road.

Or you’re a car dealer in a small town and you slap your paper dealer plates on it. Nobody’s really messing with that from the law perspective.
Yeah, I can see that. Using the dealer tags is a not uncommon perk they offer employees around here. :laughing:

It's an extra few hundred bucks on what was a $10k+ in the day vehicle to be able to drive it to town. This isn't some farmer picking up yet another well used truck. Someone bought this thing new and skipped the ability drive it on the road.
There's plenty of farmers who bought jeeps and trucks 40 years ago that did exactly that. I think you underestimate the lengths farmers go to in order to not pay the .gov:laughing:
It is not common now, but certainly was back then. And do you really think they 'skipped' the ability to drive it on the road? Again, there's plenty of places around where I live today that driving around with no plates occasionally ain't gonna get you caught for years.
ETA: This still occurs with trailers now. Farmers routinely buy $15k gooseneck and enclosed trailers and not license them. If it's for "farm use" here they don't have to. There's a lot of ink written around use restrictions that everyone but the state patrol on the interstate system ignores.

If it was just a farm truck why did it get a cab swap?
The ad says lot/plow truck so probably due to rust. The box looks janky too like it's been swapped by a blind 10yo.

Before bean counters decided it was simpler to use an outside contractor to clear their large lots it wasn't uncommon here for them to have a plow truck onsite that did nothing other than plow snow. Think large parking lot for employees and semi trailers surrounding a 250k sqft or larger building.

There's plenty of farmers who bought jeeps and trucks 40 years ago that did exactly that. I think you underestimate the lengths farmers go to in order to not pay the .gov:laughing:
Truth. :laughing:
It is not common now, but certainly was back then. And do you really think they 'skipped' the ability to drive it on the road? Again, there's plenty of places around where I live today that driving around with no plates occasionally ain't gonna get you caught for years.
ETA: This still occurs with trailers now. Farmers routinely buy $15k gooseneck and enclosed trailers and not license them. If it's for "farm use" here they don't have to. There's a lot of ink written around use restrictions that everyone but the state patrol on the interstate system ignores.
Our oldest son drove his car for 5 years without renewing registration before he got popped for it. He still hates the thought of paying that registration fee to the man, but realized it's cheaper than the ticket. :laughing:

ever having been registered then being followed up with a cab swap and registration kind of raises red flags. I'd still drive it because you can always pass the buck to the last guy who registered it and the cops will never check the frame vin. But still the situation reeks of "sketchy".
State and lawyer dependent. Its been argued successfully that if you knowingly bought it with issues between VIN cab/frame and something comes back stolen that you actively and knowingly purchased stolen goods.

Before bean counters decided it was simpler to use an outside contractor to clear their large lots it wasn't uncommon here for them to have a plow truck onsite that did nothing other than plow snow. Think large parking lot for employees and semi trailers surrounding a 250k sqft or larger building.
I'm well aware. That's why you see an old front end loader with a snow pusher at every strip mall.
State and lawyer dependent. Its been argued successfully that if you knowingly bought it with issues between VIN cab/frame and something comes back stolen that you actively and knowingly purchased stolen goods.
You don't "know" anything unless you're dumb enough to text the seller "yeah it's probably fucked but IDGAF".

Fuck those old variable speed drive bobcats and their wizzconsin engines

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.06.56 AM.png
It's worth 1/2 that, maybe, but I don't know what NE pricing is on shit like that.
You should be able to get a similar capacity Gehl or OMC Mustang with a Ford Industrial (tractor) or Ford Kent engine for the same money with modern hydraulics and much less obsolete parts. Though those may be more rare in the NE but at least parts are still mostly available.
Just looked at Machinery Trader, nevermind. Skid steers didn't seem to make it into the NE into any quantity until they held their value:laughing:

That's an easy flip around here for $200/set if they're all good. If I see a good set at the scrap yard I'll usually grab them for $80-100 and they'll sell in in a few days for $2-250.
I'm assuming you mean good for personal use and not "official" use. We used to pitch forks yearly at the factory that were "just broken in" as far as I was concerned because the heel measurement was below spec:laughing:

That's an easy flip around here for $200/set if they're all good. If I see a good set at the scrap yard I'll usually grab them for $80-100 and they'll sell in in a few days for $2-250.
Yeah, 200ea is about the going rate around here. But I shouldn't be spending my time being a junk flipper, gotta work on the projects.

Did not know they made these things

1714086307279.png
1714086336561.png
Probably one of the coolest station wagons. :smokin:

:lmao:

1714086531745.png

1714086605941.png
1714086648383.png
1714086701789.png
Im around if anyone needs eyes on it. :homer:

:laughing:

Registration and insurance is on the vin. The vin is on the frame. If you change a cab you are supposed to get the frame vin put on the cab.

If you get in a wreck and the insurance finds the frame vin is not the insured vin do you think they will pay?

Long shot. But could get expensive quickly.

Top Back Refresh