What's new

Interesting Craigslist finds

Looks like a one link setup with an integrated track bar. It actually looks like it worked.

Definitely weird though.
There was a lot of 1-link derived shit like that that "worked" back in the day but is now redundant because you can just dial in the same or better geometry by carefully choosing your 4-link angles, length and point placement.

Wasn't Grendel looking for one of these?

Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 7.41.01 AM.png

302 bolts right in
and performs literally just slightly marginally better than the 4 banger it replaces.:laughing:
I'm familiar with the fox platform- dad picked added a 5.0 fox mustang to the fleet just after i got my license- 220hp from 5 liters of v8 was enough to burn tires off it within 10k miles but 17 yr old me had to work/beat pretty hard to achieve that.

i'd ls swap it though, but that still doesn't address the elephant in the room that is no AC.

and performs literally just slightly marginally better than the 4 banger it replaces.:laughing:
I'm familiar with the fox platform- dad picked added a 5.0 fox mustang to the fleet just after i got my license- 220hp from 5 liters of v8 was enough to burn tires off it within 10k miles but 17 yr old me had to work/beat pretty hard to achieve that.

i'd ls swap it though, but that still doesn't address the elephant in the room that is no AC.
I’ve got 3 LS motors that need a home, but 18hrs of driving, $6k and I’ve got plenty to work on already are my reasons for not.

1997 Chevrolet 3500 crew cab & chassis

$10,000
1997 Chevrolet 3500 Crew Cab & Chassis · Truck · Driven 99,000 milesTossing around the idea of selling my 1997 Chevy K3500 custom. Frame was cut and extended 4’ to accommodate the 2000 Cadillac Escalade body. Has the 454 motor in it.

1710982546999.png

Good price for the material but why the fuck would anyone build that using that material.
with the conveyor shit behind them i assume it was for an industrial application that they built with no concern for cost of material and an eye towards never having to touch it again for the life of the assembly line.

it's a shame that those dimensions make it pretty useless for much else though.. I also don't see a lifting eye nor rail for a trolley with hoist which seems quite odd. Perhaps it was a protective bollard to keep fork lifts from backing into something (but, again peculiar that the base plate anchor bolts would be the fuse in that scenario.)?

IMG_7643.jpeg
Thats dope. Buddy of mine is just about finished with the restoration of his. Has taken him a LONG time and fuckton of work. He had to build a whole new boiler from scratch. Thing is crazy.

with the conveyor shit behind them i assume it was for an industrial application that they built with no concern for cost of material and an eye towards never having to touch it again for the life of the assembly line.

it's a shame that those dimensions make it pretty useless for much else though.. I also don't see a lifting eye nor rail for a trolley with hoist which seems quite odd. Perhaps it was a protective bollard to keep fork lifts from backing into something (but, again peculiar that the base plate anchor bolts would be the fuse in that scenario.)?
yep, it looks like something we have in the shop at Pratt & Whitney. Overbuilt, for when idiots overload it.

kinda narrow though, got to be a "we have this tubing around" build and way overkill for whatever it lifted

We had somethin similar holding a magnet over a conveyor. Overkill as fuck, but used up some random tube that had been kickin around the shop for years

Thats dope. Buddy of mine is just about finished with the restoration of his. Has taken him a LONG time and fuckton of work. He had to build a whole new boiler from scratch. Thing is crazy.

I always thought they and the big luxury cars of that area were insanely cool. Probably have a few hundred thousand in the restoration if I paid someone and I need another project like a hole in the back of my head.

Gotta get pictures and videos of his and post them up.

cool history

Rare original 1959 P Series truckOnly 17000 original milesSecond ownerThis truck was originally built for the shipthe SS Aquarama as a luggage transport The ship was used on the Great LakesPurchased with only 149 miles on it the Hawke family converted it to the Pony cycle transport truckPony cycle was a company in Detroit that built the Pony Cycle This truck is still in great shape and drives like newIt shows some minor scratches from over the yearsStill has a lot of it’s original paintThe truck has a Ford six cylinder engine and a manual four speed transmission Cruising speed of about 50 mphWould make a great advertisement for your company Must be seen in person and paid with cash at pickup NO TRADES!!!Honest Seller, ask questions

1711038292738.png

Top Back Refresh