What's new

I'm retarded.

Mini bikes are addicting. Here's mine. It goes 50mph and wheelies. Has a 208cc honda clone, ported and jetted with a custom intake and exhaust. I removed the governor and made an advance key. Little engines are easy to hop up. I find it as much fun as riding them. This one has become to vintage to brake and im considering a detune. Looks like you're building a fine fleet. I'm jealous

Attachments

• 20210830_152817.jpg
    20210830_152817.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 39
Mini bikes are addicting. Here's mine. It goes 50mph and wheelies. Has a 208cc honda clone, ported and jetted with a custom intake and exhaust. I removed the governor and made an advance key. Little engines are easy to hop up. I find it as much fun as riding them. This one has become to vintage to brake and im considering a detune. Looks like you're building a fine fleet. I'm jealous
I would not want to do 50 on that thing. :lmao: sweet bike, the little ones are awesome especially with suspension. The little 80cc I had for a minute was a kidney killer.

I didn't intend to build a fleet but it's certainly looking that will be the case. 🤦

I've got a little doodlebug roller that needs a re-power. Been looking around for a budget friendly drive train. This may give me some motivation to order something. Motor has low compression and not worth a re-build as it still won't haul my 6'2 220lb self around... Any suggestions? Am I best off with the standard predator 212?

Attachments

• mini.jpg
    mini.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 28
I've got a little doodlebug roller that needs a re-power. Been looking around for a budget friendly drive train. This may give me some motivation to order something. Motor has low compression and not worth a re-build as it still won't haul my 6'2 220lb self around... Any suggestions? Am I best off with the standard predator 212?
Yea a predator 212 with a Chinese torque converter off Amazon will be under $250 and will that thing a lot nicer to ride.

They make motor mount adapters for the swap but 1x1x.120 box tube to lift the engine and drilling the holes 1" to the output side is all you need.

Thanks! I've taken it places most wouldn't dare to go. Like long distant night runs up into the mountains. I'm 6'2" but once im on it, it doesn't seem so small. :homer:Suspension is a must, even just a hard tail makes for a painful day. Still, it's worth it. Not many good options for engines these days. Unfortunately, China has cornered the market on everything.:shaking::lance:

Thanks! I've taken it places most wouldn't dare to go. Like long distant night runs up into the mountains. I'm 6'2" but once im on it, it doesn't seem so small. :homer:Suspension is a must, even just a hard tail makes for a painful day. Still, it's worth it. Not many good options for engines these days. Unfortunately, China has cornered the market on everything.:shaking::lance:
There are 2 good options other than horrible freight. Tillotson and wildcat. Wildcat 223 is in stock at eccarburetors.com but I don't see tillotson in stock at any of the usual spots.

I have a wildcat 26mm carb and it's an absolute ripper of a piece.

So HF just released a new engine that ordinarily wouldn't be on my radar much but it's a factory stroker... You can buy a tillotson 72mm bore block, hypereutectic piston and billet rod and a cheap 224cc HF engine and put them together and have a 236cc ripper for cheap. 😈 I have the parts to build one of these 236's that will be 12-14.5:1 depending on which headgasket I go with. I'm not sure I'm going to go all out on it after what I did to the new bike today...

I swapped the 53 tooth sprocket for a 75 tooth off one of my other bikes. Holy FUCK is that bike a ripper! 😳 Now it can get up in the power band and RIGHT NOW so it's gained a bit of top speed but the acceleration is stupid for what it is. Not sure I want more chooch than that. :laughing:

Attachments

• PXL_20220122_044044128.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220122_044044128.MP.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
We have 3 mini bikes.
One DoodleBug
Two Baja Warriors.
All with HF 212’s on them.
Fun, fast and great for cruising our little town.
Cars and Cameras on YouTube is a great channel.
Old mini bike.com is a great resource.

My buddy just texted me to let me know he crashed the shit out of his hot-rodded Coleman bike on his way home from Fred Meyer with a case of beer. May or may not have been drunk and doing wheelies at the time, he won't confirm or deny those allegations.

My buddy just texted me to let me know he crashed the shit out of his hot-rodded Coleman bike on his way home from Fred Meyer with a case of beer. May or may not have been drunk and doing wheelies at the time, he won't confirm or deny those allegations.
Don’t drink and mini bike…..you may spill the beer 🍺

Get an alcohol carb for that stroker and run some VP M5 in that bitch. Go big or go home. :flipoff2:
I can buy 110 leaded at the pump, it's what my brother and nephew run in their dirt bikes. Thought about going that route and running the thinner head gasket.

I can buy 110 leaded at the pump, it's what my brother and nephew run in their dirt bikes. Thought about going that route and running the thinner head gasket.

I'm like 98.8% sure I still have the alcohol carb from my old race kart in my container and a bunch of other shit that's engine related. I also think their is a Thorson(sp) torque tube header and a 12V starter box with those old parts. If you are intrested in any of that stuff I'll dig the box out and let it go cheap or possibly swap you for some R/C stuff I need to get my bomber going again. I sold the rolling chassis a long time ago and never bothered selling off the engine parts.

I'm like 98.8% sure I still have the alcohol carb from my old race kart in my container and a bunch of other shit that's engine related. I also think their is a Thorson(sp) torque tube header and a 12V starter box with those old parts. If you are intrested in any of that stuff I'll dig the box out and let it go cheap or possibly swap you for some R/C stuff I need to get my bomber going again. I sold the rolling chassis a long time ago and never bothered selling off the engine parts.
Dig it out and let's make things happen. I have cash and lots of parts. I actually have a set of bomber axles that are built as fuuuuuck with ignorant money in them I'd let go.

Dig it out and let's make things happen. I have cash and lots of parts. I actually have a set of bomber axles that are built as fuuuuuck with ignorant money in them I'd let go.
I have a complete bomber with decently built stock plastic axles. it just needs a new motor/esc, batteries and a servo for the high/low transmission function to get it going again but I'm open to any and all cool parts for it. What axles do you have, is it a centered rear spidertrax looking set by chance? :smokin:

Give me a day or two to dig the stuff out and I'll let you know what I find.

I have a complete bomber with decently built stock plastic axles. it just needs a new motor/esc, batteries and a servo for the high/low transmission function to get it going again but I'm open to any and all cool parts for it. What axles do you have, is it a centered rear spidertrax looking set by chance? :smokin:

Give me a day or two to dig the stuff out and I'll let you know what I find.
Vanquish rock jock front full of Dluxfab cromo shafts with 8mm stub, brass knuckles and aluminum truss, rear is an rc3wd centered with dlux modded 3rd member for bigger pinion bearings and 6mm tool steel shafts.

I have a wicked Holmes 3500xl motor, servos etc too so whatever.

Vanquish rock jock front full of Dluxfab cromo shafts with 8mm stub, brass knuckles and aluminum truss, rear is an rc3wd centered with dlux modded 3rd member for bigger pinion bearings and 6mm tool steel shafts.

I have a wicked Holmes 3500xl motor, servos etc too so whatever.
Affirmation of thread title:smokin:

Affirmation of thread title:smokin:
I thought I needed to try no prep rc racing last year. $2500 later I built a bad ass car and had spare everything. The car sucks, it won't go straight to save it's ass. Picked up an lcg slash rtr for $300 and it's faster and goes straight. I go whole ass or I don't go at all. 🤦

i figured this belongs here for some reason :laughing:

$150 engine with a $100 carb for the low low price of $300. :laughing:

Pass.

Grab a 212 and a 24mm round slide from eccarburetors.com and have a ripper on your hands. This engine is for a spec class not to be a real performance engine

And another $150, lol

I think it’ll become a popular racing class, though.

I believe they have a popular box stock class; the tech rule basically is to use the regular predator 212cc as-is straight out the box.

I was dreaming the other day about building a chro-mo CT90 frame, any sources of ct90 clone parts?

And another $150, lol

I think it’ll become a popular racing class, though.

I believe they have a popular box stock class; the tech rule basically is to use the regular predator 212cc as-is straight out the box.
There are already a bunch of those types of classes. There is a 'box stock project" class, tillotson class, predator class etc. You can buy all the cheater parts already. 😆

Man I love seeing the mini bikes. Always liked them but never had, went ATV and full dirt bikes instead for years and paying for it now with back and knee problems lol. Still get the itch for either a mini bike build, fat tire 3 wheeler into mini bikeish project or I have this chinesium 110 honda clone moped that I'm tempted to try and make into a trail 125 rip off basically.

Pass.

Grab a 212 and a 24mm round slide from eccarburetors.com and have a ripper on your hands. This engine is for a spec class not to be a real performance engine
you missed all the cool racing stuff :flipoff2::laughing:

• Reinforced dual ball-bearing racing cylinder with cast iron sleeve
  • Squeeze cast, T-6 heat treated aluminum rod
  • Ground cam with built-in mechanical compression release, forged carbon steel racing crankshaft with induction hardened crankpin
  • High-silicon valve springs
  • High-flow racing intake port
  • Digital timing advance ignition system with built-in Rev limiter at 6000 RPM
  • Round slide carburetor
  • Fire-ring head gasket
  • Racing piston ring package
  • Nitrited-dished exhaust valve

you missed all the cool racing stuff :flipoff2::laughing:

• Reinforced dual ball-bearing racing cylinder with cast iron sleeve
  • Squeeze cast, T-6 heat treated aluminum rod
  • Ground cam with built-in mechanical compression release, forged carbon steel racing crankshaft with induction hardened crankpin
  • High-silicon valve springs
  • High-flow racing intake port
  • Digital timing advance ignition system with built-in Rev limiter at 6000 RPM
  • Round slide carburetor
  • Fire-ring head gasket
  • Racing piston ring package
  • Nitrited-dished exhaust valve

The sleeve has bearings? I'd like to see a diagram of that one.

All cams have the compression release. Crank shafts aren't a problem with these engines all the way up to 10k and this one has a 6k governor.

$10 valve springs with a mystery spec.

The intake is steel so it'll heat soak.

Fuck a rev limiter.

Round slide carb, woo.

Generic head gasket

The rings and valves might be different but I have my doubts. 😆

Not saying it's a bad engine but most of the specs are basic.

Top Back Refresh