What's new

I'm old and would like to learn to speak Mexican. Recommendations.

You always ask the pretty foreign ladies if they want some "cours de langue" (language / tongue lessons). :smokin:
I was taught to say "Brosse à Cheveux" which means hairbrush and it is a noun. Catch me drift- :flipoff2:

Lol. No. Not even close. They may pity you if you try that.

But know they know they have you at a disadvantage. :laughing:
IDK dude...
Worked on an Iceland chick I was pretty proud of :laughing:

Admittedly, I'm usually the foreigner and haven't been back to France in a long while. I plan to change that soon, I'll let you know how it goes.

I am a one man band and stay scheduled 2-3 weeks out year round. The brown folks pay cash, don't complain about the price, and want me to fix "Any Problems" I find. They keep their cars clean and well maintained. Damn near perfect customers. Their money folds just like cracker cash!
Same observation here.

I too would like to learn. Is there something that is audio only? I'd like to listen/practice while driving.

I married a Consuela Garcia and she is no help unfortunately.

I married a Consuela Garcia and she is no help unfortunately.
Help with what? Does she keep your stomach full and balls empty?
ETA: not gonna lie, if something tragic happens to my wife I’m probably going after a sub 5-2 messican chick with big boobs who can cook:laughing:

Last edited:
learn the basics however you like ( there are free or nearly free phone apps/youtube videos/online courses) then go travel in non-touristy areas of a spanish speaking country.

I took Spanish 1 and 2 in high school and didn't get very good grades in the 2nd yr, but when you have some understanding of the basics, the learning curve was much more dramatic in the travel immersion scenarios i had later on. I spent 2 weeks in spain several years later touring the country and a few 1 week-10 day trips fishing in panama & costa rica. Spending full days on a boat with crew members who spoke similar amounts of english as I speak spanish was very helpful learning from eachother. the guys with fluent wives/ extended family members would seemingly benefit greatly from this type of interaction.

I can now hold basic conversation ( probably 1st grade level) with contractors working on my home or anyone else i encounter in a business transactional type scenario. I really wish i paid more attention to verb conjugations/ past/future tenses ets.
I speak more spanish than my rental tenants speak english and we get along just fine. hanging out with them drinking beers at a cookout, i can pick a few words out of their rapidly spoken sentences and get a broad level understanding of the gist of whats being said.
It takes a day or 2 of either working with the construction crew or traveling back into spanish speaking areas to really get back in the saddle of speaking/understanding at my highest ability after extended periods letting skill be dormant..

I took a year in HS, a year in College and did a book and cassette thing called "Spanish for Gringos" back in the 90s.

But the best learning experience was an Immersion class I took in Guadalajara, MX. Spent a week in class and stayed with a Mexican family, then spent the next week on a business trip there.

Did 12 years of second language at school but could not speak it. Within a couple weeks of military basic training I was mostly fluent. Just wish it was a useable language like Spanish, only thing Afrikaans is good for is talking to the Dutchies. Still remember the basics of French from two years at high school, enough to have the first couple of minutes of convo with my French and French Canadian mates / colleagues before they feel sorry for me and switch to English.

Heck with 4 weeks in the bush in South Africa earlier this year, even my smattering of Zulu or Fanagalo was coming back. Fanagalo was a mine language that combined words from about a dozen languages and enabled men of various backgrounds to communicate semi-effectively on the goldfields. Now it has become something the game guides use, often to talk without the tourists understanding. Kinda cool to be able to eavesdrop.

I have a great bunch of hispanic mechanics this year, but they want to improve their English skills more than they want to talk to me in Spanish / Venezuelan, Colombian. All of them bitch about the Mexicans and how they don't speak proper Spanish. :lmao:

Any language the first three things you need to learn

• Where is the cold beer?
  • Where are the hot women?
  • Where is the bathroom?

Then for the single guys,
- Doctor, why does it hurt to pee?
:lmao::lmao:

Did 12 years of second language at school but could not speak it. Within a couple weeks of military basic training I was mostly fluent. Just wish it was a useable language like Spanish, only thing Afrikaans is good for is talking to the Dutchies. Still remember the basics of French from two years at high school, enough to have the first couple of minutes of convo with my French and French Canadian mates / colleagues before they feel sorry for me and switch to English.

Heck with 4 weeks in the bush in South Africa earlier this year, even my smattering of Zulu or Fanagalo was coming back. Fanagalo was a mine language that combined words from about a dozen languages and enabled men of various backgrounds to communicate semi-effectively on the goldfields. Now it has become something the game guides use, often to talk without the tourists understanding. Kinda cool to be able to eavesdrop.

I have a great bunch of hispanic mechanics this year, but they want to improve their English skills more than they want to talk to me in Spanish / Venezuelan, Colombian. All of them bitch about the Mexicans and how they don't speak proper Spanish. :lmao:

Any language the first three things you need to learn

• Where is the cold beer?
  • Where are the hot women?
  • Where is the bathroom?

Then for the single guys,
- Doctor, why does it hurt to pee?
:lmao::lmao:

my parents went to mexico earlier this year, I was surprised to learn that where is the bathroom wasnt one of the helpful phrases they were provided by the travel agent. It's basically the only useful thing I remember from my one year of high school spanish...

Top Back Refresh