What's new

I quit drinking

I'm at four weeks today and about five days ago I felt that way. All if a sudden my joints didn't hurt so bad, I feel limber (for an out of shape 48 year old) my eyes aren't half closed all day, I sleep properly and I'm up at 5 on a Saturday morning because I didn’t go to bed at 11 with a months worth of alcohol running through my system. :bounce2:

:bounce::bounce2:Congrats on 4 weeks!:bounce::bounce2:

I'm at four weeks today and about five days ago I felt that way. All if a sudden my joints didn't hurt so bad, I feel limber (for an out of shape 48 year old) my eyes aren't half closed all day, I sleep properly and I'm up at 5 on a Saturday morning because I didn’t go to bed at 11 with a months worth of alcohol running through my system. :bounce2:
It's awesome isn't it? Gets better still yet. I feel 10yrs younger at minimum. I think I look it too. I'll closing in on 4 months. Congrats man :smokin:

Fuck all you guys. None of that awesome shit happened when I quit drinking. I’m still fat, I still can’t sleep worth a shit, everything still hurts, I’m just as angry as I was before, and my gun addiction has absorbed all my former beer money:flipoff2:
Plus your gun collection sucked. :flipoff2:

That one really hurts. I guess I’ll just have to cry myself to sleep on a pile of my detachable 11+ round magazine and assault rifles without funny furniture:flipoff2:

So you’re saying you don’t have any NFA items. Still insufficient. :flipoff2:

1676743607464.gif

This is close to my house. So close I’ve literally run up and down this road after work on a Friday.

Suspected DUI hit a car. 69 year old woman hit a car that yielded to a highway patrol.

1676761155505.jpeg

Went to Supercross last night, had a blast without a drop of alcohol, even bought my buddy a drink and carried it to our seats. However it was strange how that drink started to magically rise up all on its own. Old habits:laughing: Got back to my town, hopped in the jeep, drove past a couple of sheriff deputies without a care in the world and a smile on my face:grinpimp: I hope all of you are doing even better than me.

Girlfriend hit 6 months last week

Don't need to ramble on here about all the positives but there are many for her and us. Beyond proud of her and do my best to make that known.

I can't say I totally quit, but I've probably had less than 10 beers in this 6 months over at a buddys place and whatnot.

175 lbs this morning. No drinking for almost 4 months. Feeling and sleeping great. May have to start eating more lol. I'm not doing anything on purpose to shed lbs.
One if the reasons I decided to detransition from boozer to non-boozer is to loose weight but, so far I've only drop a couple pounds. How much have you lost?

One if the reasons I decided to detransition from boozer to non-boozer is to loose weight but, so far I've only drop a couple pounds. How much have you lost?
I'm a thin guy anyway, so most folks wouldn't have thought I needed to lose any as it spreads evenly. Never had a beer gut, but I'm meant to be skinny. I think I was around 190ish. So somwhere between 15 and 17lbs since Nov.4th 2022. However, I'm not awake as long as when I was drinking, and my appetite is back to my normal eating once per day routine, as that's all I really get hungry without the addition of alcohol. I skip a couple meals per week when I'm working in the shop and just flat forget sometimes as well. I'm sure a lb or two lost was from that as well.

EDIT: I had gone from craft beer for years to shitty busch light when I wasn't in the bars about a year or two before I quit, and while I didn't drink every single day, a buddy and myself would kill 30 of them together a few nights per week, as he lived down the street. So I was drinking quite a bit of beer as well.

Everyone good?

I almost slipped up 2 weeks ago. The reason I quit 3.5 years ago turned on me and made me want to drink. I had the 12 pack in my hand walking around Safeway at 1am.

I got talked off the ledge and glad to still be able to say I'm sober.

65 days.

Good for you for talking to someone, and taking the time to think, and make a difficult decision (not too). Hope you are well and it has all settled down.

Everyone good?

I almost slipped up 2 weeks ago. The reason I quit 3.5 years ago turned on me and made me want to drink. I had the 12 pack in my hand walking around Safeway at 1am.

I got talked off the ledge and glad to still be able to say I'm sober.
Damn - must be something in the air....almost the same thing here last week. I know it sounds stupid, but I got online and watched some youtube videos to help remind me why I changed my habits. We are all successful until we are not. Keep being successful!

stole this quote on line somewhere.... "Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do."

Hang in there!

Thought I would chime in...

The last drink I had was on Sunday night after the super bowl. I typically would have 3-6 IPA's every night and just kinda stopped.

I don't really feel any different, but my pocketbook likes it...

i know this is a bit back, like you wasn't intentional.

i've been a 12pack (drinks, i'm about half bottle, half beer in my habit) a day or more for 10+ years. everyday. easily down a half gal every other day when camping. wife and kids went out of town and i dont like goint to the store. so was out the last 2days a dcided to push it a bit more, i went a little over a week. kinda opened my eyes a bit. i aint drinking like that anymore.

we budget and the food has been better than the booze was, this week. also falling to sleep sober sucks, fucking really sucks. but u dont have to sleep as long. going thru the day aint a thing. going to sleep makes me want to drink.

broke the streak to go to bed some benedryl and a couple shots, sweet sweet sleep. then my head hurt in the morning. that hasn't happened as long as i can remember.

Last edited:
The guy I posted about in that wreck a while back was arrested tonight, an hr or so ago. Murder, 1st degree assault, 2nd degree assault, and DUI.
Whole life gone. Add

The guy I posted about in that wreck a while back was arrested tonight, an hr or so ago. Murder, 1st degree assault, 2nd degree assault, and DUI.
Whole life gone. Add
Dude, I've literally thought about that story at least 2 or 3 times a week since you posted it.

It really makes the shit situation I'm in right now not seem so bad....

Dude, I've literally thought about that story at least 2 or 3 times a week since you posted it.

Screenshot_20230308_224547_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230308_231210_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230308_231210_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230308_231210_Chrome.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 6
It's crazy. I'm never fucking touching booze ever again. Even though I quit acouple months prior to this, it has been a huge driving force to remain sober. That gives me a 100% chance of not getting charged for drunken murder like this dude. His little girl like 5 to 7 or something.

His face in the photo looks like he hasn’t grasped how fucked he is, or how serious the situation is. I wonder how his wife is doing with him now in jail.

Top Back Refresh