What's new

I hate my life.

Boss

Rabble-Rouser
Member Number
Loc
Salem Oregon
Today :flipoff2:Laying fiber for our software company.
20200703_102318.jpg

This was mass graded compacted and with that red rocky shit with ,chunks of concrete and asphalt. Not too bad, it's just that I have a long way to go. And yes I do get paid good wages by the hour.:flipoff2:

Can't pull the fiber with a vibratory plow or is the ground too hard?

Haha the little rocks and flat ground look horrible. Where’s the jackhammer, rock bar, Rotohammer, and a Saws-all for the roots???

Toughen up buttercup.
But I'm spoiled :laughing: This is not a normal day in the life of a
Fabricator.:flipoff2:

So how far will it go straight without assistance? :flipoff2:

It It don't go straight with assistance :laughing: The concrete and asphault chunks are bringing the suck. Too damn much stalling. So far I got 100' with 575' to go.:eek:

Once driving across Neb on the 80 I decided to see how far I could go without touching the wheel. Made it almost 5 miles. I have a feeling this is similar in boring levels.

You could be locked in a room with evernoob telling you how worthless you are with charts and graphs.

Still think standing in a field all by yourself sucks?

Next time try renting a Toro Dingo (or similar walk behind skid steer) with a trenching attachment. More traction, plus being able to lift the digging bar straight up to pull out a rock makes life MUCH easier.
That one looks better than most in the traction department, but having used both, being able to lift the bar up vertically makes a huge difference with rocks that the teeth have a hard time pulling up.

Aaron Z

Next time try renting a Toro Dingo (or similar walk behind skid steer) with a trenching attachment. More traction, plus being able to lift the digging bar straight up to pull out a rock makes life MUCH easier.
That one looks better than most in the traction department, but having used both, being able to lift the bar up vertically makes a huge difference with rocks that the teeth have a hard time pulling up.

Aaron Z

I think OP rented the little cutesy garden trencher so he could milk the job all day and blame it on "the machine is slow" :laughing:

Fuck no I'm not done. :flipoff2: ...It's not that it's hard work. It's just not the tool for this ground. It's boring as fuck and a pain in the ass dealing with all the asphalt and rocks. The red dirt is a rock like substance (like basalt) that comes up in chunks.. It was used as fill, mass graded with those giant mass graders to build up a floodplain. I thought it would be a little easier than it is. :homer: Didn't count on all the asphalt but I suspected it as it's everywhere on this property. I don't do well when progress isn't being made. :flipoff2:

Got the front and the back (250' total) done just have about 500' in the middle to do. Not doing it with that thing. Told the boss we need to buy an excavator. We have a lot of shit to do and dicking around with these rentals sucks. He agreed. :smokin: Talked him into a CAT 304e. Getting three buckets and a flail mower 68K all new. Should be in in a few weeks Meanwhile I'll see if they will give me a loaner to finish this trench.

Should have rented a ditchwitch rt115 with a m911 attachment

The 3700 listed above is now a rt40 or rt45

Top Back Refresh