What's new

I hate my life.

Not sure if this is our 115 or our 100

20200205_082554.jpg

Those aren't rocks punkin:flipoff2:, those are sling shot ammo. These are rocks and are everywhere for the first 5’ until I hit solid rock, slabs like real slabs, all of this is done with a shovel and its not that hard. Hope you dont soil your favorite pair of panties working that hard. :flipoff2:

916DC33F-D225-458E-AFA3-DFFE2D4257AC.jpeg

B33B3EB4-6060-4A8B-AB5C-42C9D71E26A6.jpeg

Those aren't rocks punkin:flipoff2:, those are sling shot ammo. These are rocks and are everywhere for the first 5’ until I hit solid rock, slabs like real slabs, all of this is done with a shovel and its not that hard. Hope you dont soil your favorite pair of panties working that hard. :flipoff2:

And that kind of shit is exactly why they combined diesel engines and hydraulics. Your time must not be worth much if you're willing to hand trench any distance in that stuff.

What count fiber? I worked for a fiber to home company here in WV. If the runs were short our company ran it (rented a ditch witch like you are using). But if it was more than 100 feet they contracted out.

Okay, now do it for 2000 feet with the concrete chunks posted above. :flipoff2: It's all became fun and games when I got an excavator. Finished and buried 3" conduit it in a week. I'd still be digging with that fucking ditch toy, not to mention I'd be dead had I chose a shovel. :eek:

What count fiber? I worked for a fiber to home company here in WV. If the runs were short our company ran it (rented a ditch witch like you are using). But if it was more than 100 feet they contracted out.

I believe it's 12 count with armored sheathing. We hire the fiber installation to a low voltage company. My work was installing the conduit and pull boxes to get it from A to B, 2000+ feet and 5-36" oldcastle pull boxes.

Last edited:
Okay, now do it for 2000 feet with the concrete chunks posted above. :flipoff2: It's all became fun and games when I got an excavator. Finished and buried 3" conduit it in a week. I'd still be digging with that fucking ditch toy, not to mention I'd be dead had I chose a shovel. :eek:

Well a man has to know his limitations. :flipoff2::lmao:

some of the bigger ones, everything came out with a shovel and dig bar. I did not have a machine back then.

2000’? I dug utility trenches for 2 years to retro street lights in very upscale neighborhoods in the gig harbor and poulsbo areas where machines were not allowed. We charged out the ass, because hand digging, but I have dug miles of trench. Click image for larger version  Name:	0F8DD1AC-8A59-421A-AB92-71B220F1A0D4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	693.2 KB ID:	101020
Click image for larger version  Name:	26E94500-D096-4350-925E-958274B90418.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	972.9 KB ID:	101022

21D3767F-5910-4664-9919-8A84DDEC316F.jpeg

0986C7BB-0A65-4929-BB65-ABB0A4906BD0.jpeg

Last edited:
Quit messing around

2065130_3804_159_0001.jpg
about 10 miles down the hill is all lava cap, basically nothing with touch it but one of these.

The recently buried some transmission lines coming up from the valley, they had some 50t excavators for a bit, then they ended up with 3 of these. They look pretty awesome in person, like a kids drawing their creation. "chainsaw tractor"!

Not sure if this is our 115 or our 100

I got to rent one of these for the walk-behind price b/c my local rental place is awesome and stood up to their word that the walker could do 48", which it can't. A 48" trench with a ditch witch is <40".

They're fun. Remove big rocks and goes right through oak roots about 6' in diameter. I mean by the time you stop to not damage it, the root is already gone. :eek: Just pops the front end up in the air and that's it. Ride em cowboy!

Quit messing around

about 10 miles down the hill is all lava cap, basically nothing with touch it but one of these.

The recently buried some transmission lines coming up from the valley, they had some 50t excavators for a bit, then they ended up with 3 of these. They look pretty awesome in person, like a kids drawing their creation. "chainsaw tractor"!

..holey fuck. Didn't even know those existed.:eek:

They hauled in a trencher like that in my hood. It was in kit form on a three trucks; fucking ripped a gash for 10" gas line; no problem. :smokin:

Top Back Refresh