What's new

I feel kinda dirty now

Brimmstone

Member Number
Joined the darker side of the force a while back but hadn’t really gotten it to the point I was comfortable with it. Back in the winter of 2021 I was working on a site and saw an older Ram 3500 sitting in a storage yard. I asked about it and was told it got parked when it quit running and no one could fix it. Was told they would take $7500 for it. Bought it on the spot thinking for the price it had to be a gas engine with either a blown engine or transmission. End of that day I got a chance to get close to it and check it out. Fender badge made me feel better being it was a diesel. Figured either bad CP3 or bad transmission. Look inside and it’s a 6 speed manual 4X4. I figure no matter what I got a deal even if I have to do major work to it. A couple weeks later I got a chance to work on it. Two hot batteries and it cranks over real quick but sounds like no compression. Hook up scanner to see if it has compression test in special functions tests. No communication. Pulled up a schematic to check power and ground. Check the fuses first. Quick eyeball and they are fine. Backprobed connector on back of fuse box to check power. Not my first bad tipm by any means. No power from the 40amp cartridge fuse for the ECM. Pulled it and checked it with a meter. Bad fuse. New fuse truck fired right up and sounds perfect. Little cleaning and a brake job and I’m on the road. Was under it last night and found a accident about to happen. Really have no idea how it got bent but my drivers side lower link was about broken in half. It did break when I was trying to get it out. So as I said joined the dark side and got myself a 2008 Ram 3500 6.7 4x4.

Attachments

• 69525386079__D8AF2965-469E-4CC8-8E63-DA995B643EF0.jpeg
    69525386079__D8AF2965-469E-4CC8-8E63-DA995B643EF0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 53C46B2F-28FD-42BD-A856-9256909E82E8.jpeg
    53C46B2F-28FD-42BD-A856-9256909E82E8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
Thats a score:smokin:

I had a rig come in a while back that the lower link had been broken, welded up, an then was cracked around about 75% of the weld. Still not sure how those break

Score OP!

I get burned every once in a while, but there’s a lot of stupidity broken stuff out there that just requires a bit of intelligent attention to fix for cheap.

Score OP!

I get burned every once in a while, but there’s a lot of stupidity broken stuff out there that just requires a bit of intelligent attention to fix for cheap.

About 20 years ago a friend/co worker asked about a dust covered 99 extended cab s10 maintenance truck sitting behind a shopping mall we were doing construction at. It took about a month for them to get back to my friend but they told him it broke down and they couldnt get it running. He bought it for $500 with 27k on the clock. We went and bought a batterey and as soon as we turned the key on noticed the fuel guage at empty. Went and got a few gallons of gas and that was all it needed.

Isn’t that the guy on PBB who did that with a 12v Cummins truck? Some Texas guy I think
He was thinking he have air in fuel issue. Ran his truck off a bucket of diesel for diagnosing. Fuel get returned to fuel tank partially filling it up. Thinking it’s fixed. Stalls again and did the bucket thing again. And ran out again down the road.

Last month I bought a China backhoe with a house I bought, used it all Saturday, as in stopped, took pics, listed it, a buyer sends a deposit Saturday, I keep running it, take it up to the house and park it. Go back on Sunday morning and crank and crank and crank. That thing ran out of diesel as I shut it down, and now I've pumped the whole thing full of air:laughing:

Last month I bought a China backhoe with a house I bought, used it all Saturday, as in stopped, took pics, listed it, a buyer sends a deposit Saturday, I keep running it, take it up to the house and park it. Go back on Sunday morning and crank and crank and crank. That thing ran out of diesel as I shut it down, and now I've pumped the whole thing full of air:laughing:

:lmao:

I had a gradall that was on fumes. Pulled over to the truck, and it ran out while I was filling the tank up.:homer:

:lmao:

I had a gradall that was on fumes. Pulled over to the truck, and it ran out while I was filling the tank up.:homer:
At least you one what happened:laughing:

This one bit me because of timing

We used to load a genie man lift up the side of a giant mining heavy haul trailer, because on the angle and traction, like 40deg you'd load it basket back, get half way up, then spin basket 180, to the front, then be able to complete the climb

I ran that fucker dry as I swung around and lifted the pickup from the fuel:laughing:

fuck everything about that task

Top Back Refresh