What's new

I don't normally do the GoFundMe thing, but...

With how the steering wheel is bent and his knees buried in the dash there's no way he had a seatbelt on. So the supplemental restraint of the airbag is kind of a moot point. Plus the seatbelt buckle switch is part of the airbag system, if the belt isnt buckled the crash severity trigger threshold is raised and deployment power reduced on dual stage bags because the body will already be on the steering wheel before the bag has a chance to inflate and injuries would be worse if It went off full power.

It still should have deployed in a crash that hard though so I'd agree with tampering. The seatbelt switch is a common failure on those Hondas and maybe someone pulled the fuses to turn off the srs light instead of taking it to a Honda dealer for free warranty replacement. They have lifetime coverage of those parts.

With his osteoporosis the seatbelt would have likely still broken a couple ribs and collarbone but his face and femur would be in a lot better shape. I get that buckling up is a personal choice but the consequences of not doing it hurt unnecessarily.

Hope him & the kid heal soon.

The firewall and floor pan came into the car. The engine basically tucked into the firewall.

His son sent him a video of him getting into his wheelchair on his own. Told dad that he needed to catch up. :laughing:

He's still in ICU so no visitors except for family. He can't even see his son right now because the son is in the pediatric unit.

Sent some money. Hope to get some good news soon! Glad to hear that his son is in good spirits.

Tagged for when my replacement card comes in.

The firewall and floor pan came into the car. The engine basically tucked into the firewall.
In your own pics you can see where his head broke the windshield. That doesn't happen with a seatbelt on. The passenger compartment is 90% fine, at most maybe a broken ankle from where the floor shifted.

Buckle up, it's easy and saves a ton on medical bills, pain & suffering. It's a small task that lets the cars safety systems do their job. Rag-dolling into the steering wheel/ dash/ windshield at full speed does a lot more damage than being held in place by the belt.

Back to page 1. No change since my donation Saturday night.

His boss is friends with the local PD. He said to try to do a car show or something for him as well.

Talked to him last night and he sounded different. Asked him how he was feeling. He said yesterday was the worst pain he’s been in since the accident.

Said they were pushing him to have a bowel movement and he was like “I haven’t had anything to eat since last Sunday”

Said they moved him onto a bedpan. He said “I don’t know where this guy thought my asshole was, but damn…”

So he still has a sense of humor.

His boss is friends with the local PD. He said to try to do a car show or something for him as well.

Talked to him last night and he sounded different. Asked him how he was feeling. He said yesterday was the worst pain he’s been in since the accident.

Said they were pushing him to have a bowel movement and he was like “I haven’t had anything to eat since last Sunday”

Said they moved him onto a bedpan. He said “I don’t know where this guy thought my asshole was, but damn…”

So he still has a sense of humor.
No fun. I hope I never have to shit in a bed pan again in my life. But mine was just because of a partial body cast from a compound spiral fracture of my femur:homer:

No fun. I hope I never have to shit in a bed pan again in my life. But mine was just because of a partial body cast from a compound spiral fracture of my femur:homer:

He's got some interesting repairs to his bones.

Due to the bone condition he has, when he breaks bones they get plated together.

His arm broke above the existing plate. So they plated OVER the existing plate.

His femur was plated as well.

He told me that his heel was broken. First I'd heard of that. Said there's nothing they can do there.

Money sent, first time I used go fund me so I hope I did it right.
Please ask him to use the money to buy a full size truck. Size matters. Rarely have I handled a crash that the larger vehicle was injured worse.

Top Back Refresh