What's new
Aug

I.B.B. Ultimate Trail Adventure '23

Ok so the cast of characters is those in post #2, it looks like the route that got the most votes of those guys on the list is.....

Wait 4 it ( tips hat to Radar):laughing:

Barrett,con,dyce
If Barrett is not open, we are hitting Con first and using the extra days on the remaining trails.
Concessions made for anyone in the long haul gang category.
Brb
Housekeeping time...
Pm's inbound :beer:

So meeting up friday August 18 most likely at fresh pond.

What time of day?

Here is a screenshot of the itinerary
Screenshot_20230719_101926_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is barret a 1 day in and 1 day out trail?

Also southlake is a chore to find accommodations at last minute. Im not against trying to book something now for maybe monday night? Thoughts?

Also for multiple nights on the con a night at either little sluice or the springs would be cool to throw in the mix

well, if we can all come together an this in 1 place:flipoff2:
I would say 1000 hrs 18 aug. freshpond

we figure to stay on trail several nights per trail. staying in Tahoe has not been decided and with /6+ votes likely wont happen till we land at staging...

Last edited:
I'll be on the con for MCR probably the 17th-21st

Going in loon, camping at the springs and then going out Tahoe

Maybe we'll get lucky and cross paths

Ive been watching this for a while. If I can finish my rig enough by then, I'd make the drive down. These are bucket list trails for me. Not sure if I'll fit through the gate at barrett but whatever.

I'd have to trailer it the 9 hours south but, the truck should be functionally street legal. I'll know more once I get closer to finishing it.
Tic rok

Just in case it's not obvious (It was not to me until I looked around) you can join the event by clicking "Overview" / "going" / or "not going" just below the thread title and then clicking "going" just below that. This will help Clb keep a running list.

I'm onto the video part of this...

I know we're going to have a metric Shittone of media.

Anyone do it well enough to take this on?

Looks like the ibb utoob channel died 2 yrs ago...

I'm onto the video part of this...

I know we're going to have a metric Shittone of media.

Anyone do it well enough to take this on?

Looks like the ibb utoob channel died 2 yrs ago...
First step is to get all of the photos and videos in one place I think we can create albums and host videos and stuff here on the site?

Good news is the hi-landers site says they anticipate barrett lake opening first week of august.

Mostly flatish, we need to see how gatekeeper is this year(+1on it's legit) it till take the tribe spotting your pretty tin thru there.... However, there is usually a few technical rock gardens that are easily compared to con. And what they said^^^

Mostly flatish, we need to see how gatekeeper is this year(+1on it's legit) it till take the tribe spotting your pretty tin thru there.... However, there is usually a few technical rock gardens that are easily compared to con. And what they said^^^

Cool, yeah im not to concerned with the rocks but would be nice to keep the body relatively cleanish. With the ifs it has almost 0 body roll and I built the sliders to stick out a couple inches past the door so I can usually pivot around stuff easily.

Barrett Gate keeper is challenging and then there is one section just before the meadow at the end that takes a bit of line picking and crawling as well as an obstacle just before the lake. Otherwise the rest in between is generally a mild trail IMO.

I think it being first with Fordyce last was a good decision.

Top Back Refresh