What's new

Hp8 vs 9.5 front third

Not to mention a ton more ratios available for a 9 in addition to all the other benefits.

Not to mention a ton more ratios available for a 9 in addition to all the other benefits.

Especially since 5.29s are only good for 35s. I had 6.17/38s and wished for lower. If more guys went with real deep axle gears, they wouldn't need to bling out their cases :laughing:

put your big boy pants on and go to a 10.5
i would/will do the 100 series 32 spline pinion 9.5" and superduty 35 spine outers if i start having issues. where i wheel only time i use full throttle is in the snow.

I also have been gathering parts for years on these so i am down the road on cost and investment. heck i have unused bobby longs still sitting in a box for it, that is how long i have been collecting parts.....

The 8.4s are the diff of choice, 37" and smaller..... If you are going 40+ and want to stay Toyota, find a Tundra 10.5.

X-eleventy on the 9" choice. There are more high performance parts available for the 9" than all other diffs out there.

The 98+ 9.5s were the diff of choice due to the bigger 29 spline pinion, but you couldn't get 5.29s very easily back then.

Yes, we did a bunch of 35 spline 9.5" back in the day. Still have a few old 3 pc. ARB side gear sets left over if anyone needs a set.

Top Back Refresh