What's new

how much should I expect to pay....

arse_sidewards

Contrary to everything
Member Number
For an absolute POS of a tree-fiddy-seven revolver. DGAF about features, DGAF about quality so long as it goes bang and shoots 6" groups at 10yd.

Looking through completed auctions for used 357s on GunBroker over the past few days, the only stuff <$400 is all Taurus or Rossi. There's a handful of Rugers around $500.

While I'm a bit of a snob and have a poor opinion of Taurus in general, I'm not sure I'd classify them as "absolute POS," but you can walk into pretty much any Academy Sports in the country and walk out with a brand new ~$330 Taurus. Tell Santa you want Academy gift cards for Christmas.

Last edited:
Gun.deals. As stated you can get them for $300 all day long.

I'm gonna roll in the mud with this thing in on me so no point getting anything nice.

If you're really rolling in the mud. Stainless and rubber Taurus for $317 at KY Gun Co.

If new "value priced" guns start in the 300s what would a used one that had been carried around for half a century go for?

from a shop your goona be 250-300 used or not

You need to find the broke ass guy going through a divorce and still wanning to buy a train set for christmas. Thats where your goona get under 250

I'm not opposed to $250-350. I'm just trying to figure out whether I can get something "of better repute" than a Taurus by going used in the same price bracket.

I'm not opposed to $250-350. I'm just trying to figure out whether I can get something "of better repute" than a Taurus by going used in the same price bracket.

Unless you find some screaming deal, thats about as cheap as it gets.

start tossing out bids on gunbroker. might get lucky. for example.....

Anything modern and cheap is a no-go in Massachusetts and will just draw scrutiny.

You’re in massatwoshits. It’s going to cost you $500 for a gun anyone else considered cheap.
Taurus is what you’ll end up buying. They’re the brand people point to for ‘just as good as those other more expensive brands.’

Get a hold of "that" guy that can pick-up pre-'64 Model 94's all day, everyday for less than $400. He should be able to hook you up with a vintage Python for much less than $300...

Other than that you're looking at what everyone else has said, a well used Taurus or Rossi or, if you get real lucky, a Ruger (doubtful).
Once in a while AIMSurplus has some LEO used, but I don't think they were cheap. Don't know until you look...

Get a hold of "that" guy that can pick-up pre-'64 Model 94's all day, everyday for less than $400. He should be able to hook you up with a vintage Python for much less than $300...

Other than that you're looking at what everyone else has said, a well used Taurus or Rossi or, if you get real lucky, a Ruger (doubtful).
Once in a while AIMSurplus has some LEO used, but I don't think they were cheap. Don't know until you look...
Where are these $200 Pythons you speak of?

Bullshit on Taurus being a fine gun. They've always been junk, they always will be junk. The only people who think a Taurus is a fine gun are the people who own them because they were too cheap to buy a fine gun.

Start rolling through pawn shops. An old, beat to shit revolver isn't hard to find for cheap.

Bullshit on Taurus being a fine gun. They've always been junk, they always will be junk. The only people who think a Taurus is a fine gun are the people who own them because they were too cheap to buy a fine gun.
I've yet to see a Taurus wheel gun that didn't run just fine, they're cheap guns for cheap people.

I've yet to see a Taurus wheel gun that didn't run just fine, they're cheap guns for cheap people.

I had a Judge that would get hung up on one cylinder every time. Sent it back to Taurus, "Could not duplicate." Met a guy who wanted it and swore he could get it to run right, so I sold it to him cheap(er). Last I heard he still carries it, only with 4 cylinders loaded.

Good enough for cheap? Maybe. A fine weapon? Not a fuckin chance.

I have had issues with both Ruger and S&W revolvers. For a toss er in the glove box dont give a shit about it wheel gun Taurus would probly be perfect

Top Back Refresh