What's new

How big of a shithole is Clear Lake CA?

Andrew

Resident Redneck
Member Number
Finding lots of homes for sale I could buy cash, so it must be methville????

The mrs and I would like to buy another sailboat (our last was 23') which Clear Lake offers. All my wifes family is in CA, some of mine is (LA and Santa Rosa)

One home I found has lakefront, but needs plenty of work. I could pay cash and fix it up like the one we bought here possibly.

Buuuuuuutttt Im expexting Clear Lake to be a shithole. So how far off am I?

I think it's the county with the largest recipient's of welfare benefits in the state.

Ya reviews show it as tweekerville.

bummer.

If you can afford lake front property, in California, where you have family, and it’s what you’ve always wanted I would go fo it. It’s not a shithole. It’s just a typical mountain town in California where the average income is around $30k. It is t the Bay Area, wine country, or Southern California.

edit: just depends where you live.

https://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/california/clearlake

So I had the same thought about 7 or 8 years ago and spent the weekend driving around there with the wife. 75% is just trashy, not dangerous but extremely poor welfare methy kinda trashy. The other 25% was really nice but all the prices are 4x higher.

It also isnt close to anything ca has to offer. I'd look for a cheap place in tahoe if I were you, possibly on the Nevada side if you dont care for ca politics.

Screenshot_20201220-055013_Samsung Internet.jpg

So I had the same thought about 7 or 8 years ago and spent the weekend driving around there with the wife. 75% is just trashy, not dangerous but extremely poor welfare methy kinda trashy. The other 25% was really nice but all the prices are 4x higher.

It also isnt close to anything ca has to offer. I'd look for a cheap place in tahoe if I were you, possibly on the Nevada side if you dont care for ca politics.

Uhhhh Nevada is FILLED with California politics. Been this way for 20 or more years. Update your information on Nevada PDQ.

I spent a week there about 25 years ago. Sounds exactly the same. I liked the area, but lower income for sure.

It's still better then ca. If I were to look at houses on opposite sides of state line blvd I would choose the nevada side.

I wouldn’t. It’s all run by Tahoe Regional Planning Agency. Oh and then there is this

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/mone...llage-crystal-bay-property-owners/2457508001/

Washoe County owes $56 Million dollars to residents. They have fought it for 17 years. Sounds ideal on the other side. It’s no different than California except we can legally gamble and get to hear how different it is from people who won’t listen.

I think I'd go farther up north, Shasta area. Lots of lakes up there, economy is perpetually rough, so lower income, but, they are not so boom bust, so I think more entrenched and stable.

Clearlake is a true shithole. There’s been times I’ve driven around that lake that it took everything I had not to barf because the lake stank so bad.

I won’t even stay in a hotel around Clearlake, much less consider buying a house there.

There was some decent areas in the mountains around the lake, but I suspect they’ve pretty much all been destroyed by fire by now.

I wouldn’t. It’s all run by Tahoe Regional Planning Agency. Oh and then there is this

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/mone...llage-crystal-bay-property-owners/2457508001/

Washoe County owes $56 Million dollars to residents. They have fought it for 17 years. Sounds ideal on the other side. It’s no different than California except we can legally gamble and get to hear how different it is from people who won’t listen.

Stateline is not in Washoe county. Washoe county has North lake Tahoe, incline village.

I hear Bombay Beach is nice and has lots of open spots... 😁

Most everything is burnt at this point, and was hasn't burnt is surely there for next fire season....

I think it's the county with the largest recipient's of welfare benefits in the state.

I know when my mom worked at the welfare department in Humboldt County years ago she always said Lake County had the highest number of welfare recipients in CA. Don't know if that's still true or not. I used to go dirt bike riding up there alot in the 90s and it is definitely a poor county with quite a few tweakers. Haven't been through there in probably 10 years or so and probably wouldn't recognize some of it now with all the fires they've had.

The highlands above Konocti are rather nice, that said....
We call it the land of the toothless wonder.
But it is the largest lake in the prk, they don't make dirt anymore.
So when the "new world order" takes hold which way will it go?:lmao:

Finding lots of homes for sale I could buy cash, so it must be methville????

The mrs and I would like to buy another sailboat (our last was 23') which Clear Lake offers. All my wifes family is in CA, some of mine is (LA and Santa Rosa)

One home I found has lakefront, but needs plenty of work. I could pay cash and fix it up like the one we bought here possibly.

Buuuuuuutttt Im expexting Clear Lake to be a shithole. So how far off am I?

You already have a preconceived notion therefore you have already made your choice.

I travel all over the place and some of the places I/we see my wife and I look at each other and say WTF

There are lot's of beautiful places around the county.

The lake it's self has it's ups and downs.

The fire's have definitely taken their toll on the area.

Back to the lake though...I have lived on the lake here at one point.

I wouldn't do it again and I also recommend that a person not buy lakefront property here unless they have spent a summer and fall here.

From about October till about mid July or so the lake is awesome, Clear, and not freezing ass cold.

Over the years I have also come to the realization that people shouldn't be allowed to own property right on the water. It's bad for the area actually and limits lake access which turn's the parks into shit holes and homeless hangouts.

But the drug problem is no different here than it is anywhere else.

Like I said earlier when we go to other places it's obvious.

I am sure when you go other places it is also obvious.

There is no ones home base that is perfect and if you think it is you are very jaded and sheltered.

300sniper probably came here in late August one year and got the lake at it's worst and I remember replying to his ****y rant at the time that I was glad he didn't like it and we wouldn't miss his crying.

The locals know where not to hang out to avoid the trash...Just as you do where ever you live.

If you want to see what it can be like PM me and I'll point you in a direction that is enjoyable.

Stateline is not in Washoe county. Washoe county has North lake Tahoe, incline village.

Just using it as an example of how Tahoe and Nevada isn’t really that great, and it’s filled with people being told how great it really is by people who don’t live there. Much like Clear Lake that has nice places.

The only place I've actually been on the water at Clear Lake was Pleasure Cove. Buddy had an aunt and uncle with a house on the water front there. Would go up there every year for a day for his birthday. They had jet skis and boats and it was a blast. Very very nice and not comparable at all to the rest of Lake County.

For some reason about 4-5yrs ago my wife’s family/friends decided to do our annual family vacation at a timeshare in Clearlake. I’d never been there before but had heard plenty of the rumors. It wasn’t particularly a shithole, there seemed good and bad areas but in general definitely reflected a lot of what people say about the area and the residents. I will say the water looked naaaaasty funky, more like a stagnant cesspool. One visit was enough for me. Living there willingly? Hahahaha hell no

Clearlake is a true shithole. There’s been times I’ve driven around that lake that it took everything I had not to barf because the lake stank so bad.

I won’t even stay in a hotel around Clearlake, much less consider buying a house there.

There was some decent areas in the mountains around the lake, but I suspect they’ve pretty much all been destroyed by fire by now.

the lake typically only stinks for 2 months(sometimes less or more) out of the year depending upon weather, its due to the shallow depth warm water temps

how ever if you like bass fishing its been declared the best in the west

Rocyota and lilyota both live closer than I do (still stuck with grape idiots everywhere).
there are some great "off shore " lots in the area.

I’ve got to go to the town/city of Clear Lake this week. I won’t be driving all the way around the lake, but if I have time, I’ll try to get some photo documentation of the shitholeness!

The best way to explain it. It’s a liberal utopia.

Poverty, meth, welfare, stinks like shit and toothless people everywhere.

Top Back Refresh