What's new

House Gun

Ranch Hand

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Texas
I'm putting a house gun together and getting it sighted in. Subsonics zero cross at 20 yards and 74 yards and about an inch and a half high in the middle. I haven't checked the supersonics yet. I'm waiting on a Banish Backcountry which is 1.4" shorter than the Trash Panda I borrowed from another rifle in the meantime.

300 Blackout
Shake-awake red dot
Cheap low profile light
Franklin Armory Binary trigger
JP Silent Captured Recoil System
Daniel Defense buttstock
Reptilia short, more vertical grip
Quick adjust two point sling

It's short and light; pick it up, hit the bolt release and it's good to go from room distance to 70 yards or so. Slap in a magazine of supersonics and it's good to 150 yards.

20240407_162311.jpg

Love my 300 blackout shooting suppressed subsonics. Mine is configured as a pistol with brace, but would like to build another and pin the suppressor because of WA stupid laws. Yours looks great!

Fuck the vert fore grip.

Grab the magwell/front of the lower. Your short and close.

iF you want to blow money get one of the magwell add on grips gives you a lil more in your hand if you need it.

I dont care for binary trigger concept, not that theyre bad, but its $300 and you have no choice but 2rds.

Fuck the vert fore grip.

iF you want to blow money get one of the magwell add on grips gives you a lil more in your hand if you need it.

I dont care for binary trigger concept, not that theyre bad, but its $300 and you have no choice but 2rds.

I'm talking about the grip. It's shorter and more vertical. It works way better on a short rifle. I agree with you on a vertical, broom-handle foregrip -- they don't work for me at all.

FD-on-KAC-for-site1.jpg

Fuck the vert fore grip.

Pretty sure if you flip the safety on it won't fire when you release the trigger.

That’s a lot fancier than my .30-30.
And a lot less effective than spending the same amount of money on practice ammo for whatever AR he already has. :flipoff2:

But are you goona remember that at 2am when things go bump in the night?:laughing:
Does the 2nd round really matter at 2am? Committed is committed. :laughing:

Back in the 90s there was a guy in my town who shot someone with an old clay shotgun with the "pull for first barrel, release for 2nd" trigger.

I may be wrong, but your front grip looks backwards, I never used them on any of my guns but I believe their used to pull the gun back into your shoulder, not to push forward the way it is mounted.

Again, I may be wrong.

I did not realize they did larger shake awake red dots, thought that was just a pistol thing. Need that for my suppressed 9mm house gun

I may be wrong, but your front grip looks backwards, I never used them on any of my guns but I believe their used to pull the gun back into your shoulder, not to push forward the way it is mounted.

Again, I may be wrong.

The flat is forward because you can stab it toward into a ledge or rail or something for stability

Fuck the vert fore grip.

They have replacement springs for the Fostech Echo trigger which reduces the pull to about 2lb in semi (yeah, 3 positions). If I am flipping to the 3rd.. Im sending pairs if not more. Otherwise the normal semi trigger is nice.

As for the grip, I prefer to be as far forward as I can for stability. the closet your hands the more it wants to bobble with higher rates of fire..

I'm putting a house gun together and getting it sighted in. Subsonics zero cross at 20 yards and 74 yards and about an inch and a half high in the middle. I haven't checked the supersonics yet. I'm waiting on a Banish Backcountry which is 1.4" shorter than the Trash Panda I borrowed from another rifle in the meantime.

300 Blackout
Shake-awake red dot
Cheap low profile light
Franklin Armory Binary trigger
JP Silent Captured Recoil System
Daniel Defense buttstock
Reptilia short, more vertical grip
Quick adjust two point sling

It's short and light; pick it up, hit the bolt release and it's good to go from room distance to 70 yards or so. Slap in a magazine of supersonics and it's good to 150 yards.

20240407_162311.jpg
I like it but I don't feel like registering a SBR haha. I'd stick with a brace, I think :grinpimp:

Again, I may be wrong.

The handguard on that gun is so close to the barrel and gas block that M-Loc fittings can only be used in the front half of the front slot. That's the only way it would fit. That's why I have the strap with a loop for an HK sling hook instead of an M-Loc QD socket. I have them mounted the other way on other guns and they both work just fine.

But yeah, one finger in front and pulling into the shoulder works good for me.

Ahh, thats why. I avoid SIG shit like the plague :flipoff2:

Holosun makes the 510 series open emitter reflex sight with shake awake that's pretty nice. The off angle sight acquisition is amazing -- just get anywhere near position and there's the reticle.

Been out for a while. Romeo5 is pretty popular

When I figured out I needed a shake awake on a house gun, I remembered I had two free Romeo5s on the shelf so I put it on there. I may go with the Holosun for this one too.

When I figured out I needed a shake awake on a house gun, I remembered I had two free Romeo5s on the shelf so I put it on there. I may go with the Holosun for this one too.

The one I have has done everything I have asked of it. Which really aint much :laughing: Stays sighted in, and is turned on when I pick it up. Dont use that AR very much

12.5" piston upper, Aimpoint PRO, Streamlight TLR1 light, Socom can, Hornady 75g Interlocks. 50 yard zero gets me less than one inch of drop from 0-50yds, and 100 is only 3.6". Change the batteries every Presidential election.

0521201355a.jpg
0521201355b.jpg

12.5" piston upper, Aimpoint PRO, Streamlight TLR1 light, Socom can, Hornady 75g Interlocks. 50 yard zero gets me less than one inch of drop from 0-50yds, and 100 is only 3.6". Change the batteries every Presidential election.

0521201355a.jpg
0521201355b.jpg

My last two projects are piston driven and bolt action. To hell with direct impingement and suppressors if you like to shoot instead of clean.

My last two projects are piston driven and bolt action. To hell with direct impingement and suppressors if you like to shoot instead of clean.
you gotta make you some kinda silly long recoil junk, they pretty well eject all the scuzz out the front

a remington model 8 in 35rem would probably do pretty okay, if you shortened the barrel jacket enough to clear the reciprocating muffler, lol
maybe make a longer barrel with a fast twist rate instead...

Understand completely. My 6ARC brass comes out so dirty, I clean it before anneal and sizing. It's better now that I have the riflespeed gas block, but it's still pretty damn dirty, and some of that is the powder, LeverRevolution.

0218231849.jpg

Dad gave me an old Remington Model 11 that he got from his dad according to the engravings and carvings on it. It was built in 1914 and has a bulge in the barrel about 7" from the muzzle that he refused to explain, and a cracked stock with a good application of electrical tape. I considered cutting it back and making a riot gun out of it but can't due to its history.

20240409_172613.jpg

Dad gave me an old Remington Model 11 that he got from his dad according to the engravings and carvings on it. It was built in 1914 and has a bulge in the barrel about 7" from the muzzle that he refused to explain, and a cracked stock with a good application of electrical tape. I considered cutting it back and making a riot gun out of it but can't due to its history.
that's why this one's 19", had a ring in the barrel which got me it for a hundred bucks

been thinking about scaring up a 30" barrel to put onto the barrel extension, prolly something threaded for chokes if I can find one

Top Back Refresh