What's new

Honda dealers not willing to deal?

RusM

Amateur Viking
Member Number
Loc
North Bend WA
So the old lady got a huge bonus and promotion at work, which coincided with her CR-V dropping two client calls. Now she needs a new Honda Passport! :rolleyes:

IM trying to find her one, but the dealers are not willing to send invoices. They're saying Honda Corporate does not allow it? Also, fuck dealing with Honda! I had more luck getting a deal on my Tacoma than one of these things! Is there such a thing as a volume Honda dealer in Washington, Oregon or Idaho that wants to sell a car this weekend?

Tl;Dr buying cars sucks, dealers and salesman are all crooks, I can see why people just pay MSRP for a car. :homer:

Why not the pilot? Or what about Hyundai telluride the Santa fee is doing 0 percent interest for 72 months in Florida at least

Why not the pilot? Or what about Hyundai telluride the Santa fee is doing 0 percent interest for 72 months in Florida at least

Jesus, it has to fit in the garage easily, can't be too much of a mom mobile, HAS to be white with dark interior, etc..... A Kia? That suggestion didn't go over well! :flipoff2:

It's her money, fuck she could cut a check for any car she wants. But the passport is the one she decided on. I wanted her to get a Denali Tahoe but that didn't go over well either. :flipoff2:

[486 said:
;n279864]
I don't understand, are cars cell phones now?

Yes :flipoff2: They actually have a hotspot option on the Passports. Mostly she's just sick of her CR-V and wants something new. At first it was a Volvo XC90, until about half of her friends in the neighborhood bought one. So at least it's not a Eurotrash luxury car! :laughing:

Jesus, it has to fit in the garage easily, can't be too much of a mom mobile, HAS to be white with dark interior, etc..... A Kia? That suggestion didn't go over well! :flipoff2:

It's her money, fuck she could cut a check for any car she wants. But the passport is the one she decided on. I wanted her to get a Denali Tahoe but that didn't go over well either. :flipoff2:

Drive south 2 states and I'll set you up :flipoff2:

My GF was a Honda fan, in my experience they were never ones to deal much before now and certainly not now with the shortages going on. A couple of years ago she saw the light and went over to Ford. Ford was willing to deal at the time but not right now with the shortages.

Reactions: DMG
So the old lady got a huge bonus and promotion at work, which coincided with her CR-V dropping two client calls. Now she needs a new Honda Passport! :rolleyes:

IM trying to find her one, but the dealers are not willing to send invoices. They're saying Honda Corporate does not allow it? Also, fuck dealing with Honda! I had more luck getting a deal on my Tacoma than one of these things! Is there such a thing as a volume Honda dealer in Washington, Oregon or Idaho that wants to sell a car this weekend?

Tl;Dr buying cars sucks, dealers and salesman are all crooks, I can see why people just pay MSRP for a car. :homer:

Honda dealers have to give a way a lot of civics to moochy buyers to meet cafe standards. Stuff they can hold gross on, they will. Tbh, you sound kind of ****y, bashing dealers and salesmen for wanting to make money on high demand cars. Pay the price or don’t.

Honda dealers have to give a way a lot of civics to moochy buyers to meet cafe standards. Stuff they can hold gross on, they will. Tbh, you sound kind of ****y, bashing dealers and salesmen for wanting to make money on high demand cars. Pay the price or don’t.

Fuck me, fuck ME! FUCK YOU! :flipoff2: Not being a dick to anyone I'm just trying to get as close to 10% off MSRP as I can find. Looks like 5-7% is all were going to get.

[486 said:
;n279864]
I don't understand, are cars cell phones now?

Yes and you know they are.

My HS girlfriend's parents were Upper-Middle class types, her dad was a Professional Management Swamp Creature (insurance exec).

I remember her snobby mom bragging that they had to 'wait in line' for a 1987 Honda Accord. She told me that multiple times.

It was an honor to have acquired that particular consumer item.

Honda is the same way now, and anyone that buys a brand-new Honda or Toyota is either pleasing their wife, lazy, ignorant, or has F-you money.

Imagine negotiating sticker for a car and then when you find out they won't come down, STILL PAYING FOR THE CAR :rolleyes: The amazing thing is not that American Consumers do this, they are zombies. The amazing thing is that people in this circle of society do it.

That's essentially this thread.

RusM What's the controversy? You are now NOT negotiating or being involved in your wife's car search. If she wants to impulse-buy a car from a convicted felon at the Honda Dealership that's her problem. You are going to live with it, so every second dealing with that car is lost time to you. So right now, you stop inputting to your wife's car search.

That's the solution for the curmudgeonly bastards around here.

The IBB solution is to stick a fork in her neck and fuck her till she's silent about the Honda thing. As you have clearly exhausted your supply of little blue pills, that is all your problem. Leave us untroubled by your woes sir, this is rude.

No dealers are willing to deal right now. Shit sells before it hits the lot. Give it a year and try again

Fuck me, fuck ME! FUCK YOU! :flipoff2: Not being a dick to anyone I'm just trying to get as close to 10% off MSRP as I can find. Looks like 5-7% is all were going to get.

I get it and I don’t blame you for wanting a deal. Sometimes you have to pay all the money for higher demand stuff. That’s why all of our cars aside from my wife’s RAV4 are older/higher mileage Toyotas. It is crazy how expensive stuff I like is.

A good friend is looking at Ridgeline and we went for a test drive on Monday.
Salesman said Honda is offering 0% interest on ‘21 vehicles.
Maybe something to consider as well.

10% days are long gone. Supply chain impacts are being felt, as many warned.

Why would they deal if they don’t have to?

10% days are long gone. Supply chain impacts are being felt, as many warned.

Why would they deal if they don’t have to?

True, but there is a lot of behind the scenes bs in car sales. Holdback, p promotions, hitting sales numbers for the dealership, etc.... I think I'm.going to get pretty close to what she wants to pay. I've got one dealer with one for 38.2k now. See if the others want to meet or beat that number!

I wanted her to get a Denali Tahoe but that didn't go over well either. :flipoff2:

No such animal.:flipoff2:

GMC Yukon Denali yes. You would be lucky to find one for double of what your paying for a Honda.
Ya, probably wouldn’t fit in your garage.:rolleyes:

True, but there is a lot of behind the scenes bs in car sales. Holdback, p promotions, hitting sales numbers for the dealership, etc.... I think I'm.going to get pretty close to what she wants to pay. I've got one dealer with one for 38.2k now. See if the others want to meet or beat that number!

You still missed the point.

you’re also assuming that all of the pre-2020 behind the scenes stuff still holds true.

Stop being a pansy and get to work. Find the Honda corporate web site, and that'll link you to every dealer in Washington and Oregon. Then make a list of all the dealers, manually go to each web site, scroll thru the inventory, and when you find something close, click the button that says; "Send me a Quote" (or whatever wording they use). By tomorrow you'll have choices.

The Honda Dealers in So Cal will deal. If you get the right guy, you can buy it, he'll drive it up to you and you can drop him off at the airport.

I hustled up a van for a friend 2 years ago, found a guy close to a number and he got them a great deal.

The Honda Dealers in So Cal will deal. If you get the right guy, you can buy it, he'll drive it up to you and you can drop him off at the airport.

I hustled up a van for a friend 2 years ago, found a guy close to a number and he got them a great deal.

Then you have to pay Cali sales tax in addition to your states tax and try and get money back from Cali!

I'm already on the TreeClimber plan, getting some decents deals. Even though the wife changed her mind and now wants the top of the line model....:mad3:​​​​​​​

OP is a ginger twat.
facebook_1468537885600.jpg

Wanna drink some shine and get weird?:flipoff2:
​​​​​

Been looking for a Tacoma for a couple months.

Not only will they not deal. They are charging up to 8k in a markup for the TRD Pros and the nicely packaged TRD Off Roads.

This is why I don't have one right now, and also why I say fuck you to big business bailouts of any kind.

It's her money, fuck she could cut a check for any car she wants.

Tell her to go buy a fucking car then. :flipoff2:

I saw a Telluride yesterday. Thought it looked pretty good for not being a 3/4+ ton truck.

Send her to buy the car. Problem solved.

Invoice? 2001 called and wants it’s buying strategy back.

Pre 2019 dealers made $250-$1200 on cars. They all made basicly nothing. Services are profitable, used cars can be, new cars are not. They simply didn’t deal on price in the new market.

now, they are begging for used cars, can sell new at almost msrp, or they through on the manufacture discount but nothing else. Vehicles and toys are high. I sold a bike and SxS for thousands more than their 2019 book in the last few months. Bought a car and the guy almost laughed at me wanting a discount, told me if I left it would be sold anyway in a few days.

Top Back Refresh