What's new

Honda dealers not willing to deal?

Why not pick up something used with sub 30k on it? Is there nothing out there like that? I'm going to have to have some commas and some zeros before I start buying new.

I would just like to point out that Honda is the only manufacture I know of that you have to check to see if your phone is compatible with. A friend of mine has a pilot, she got a new phone and it stopped connecting with bluetooth. Sure enough, the phone is too new. So if her primary concern is phone usage, I would be very concerned about future compatibility.

https://www.handsfreelink.com/Honda/en-US/US/FindAPhone

Why not pick up something used with sub 30k on it? Is there nothing out there like that? I'm going to have to have some commas and some zeros before I start buying new.

She was open to that initially, but the huge promotion and bonus made it less of a concern. Also this will be her THIRD CAR...ever in her life:confused: I still don't quite believe it:eek:

I tried to just hand this off to her, told her what to do and howuch time it would take and she was going forward, then I got sucked in and started emailing people. Kinda reminds.me of when you could still hustle stuff from Craigslist.

So if I don't.ask.for an invoice, when we get ready to go buy from a dealership what do I ask them for? Sales contract? I want to be able to go in, wet sign a couple documents and leave.

Costco auto program. You'll get it for a few hundred over invoice.

This was recommended to me by quite a few people in my frustration, they all had bought multiple cars this way.

Been looking for a Tacoma for a couple months.

Not only will they not deal. They are charging up to 8k in a markup for the TRD Pros and the nicely packaged TRD Off Roads.

This is why I don't have one right now, and also why I say fuck you to big business bailouts of any kind.

I bought my Tundra in late 2019 and its the first time I couldn't order exactly what I wanted AND they don't haggle at all. I found what I wanted with 1200 miles on it an 12K less than invoice. I was so frustrated I was considering another GM.

Last edited:
She was open to that initially, but the huge promotion and bonus made it less of a concern. Also this will be her THIRD CAR...ever in her life:confused: I still don't quite believe it:eek:

I tried to just hand this off to her, told her what to do and howuch time it would take and she was going forward, then I got sucked in and started emailing people. Kinda reminds.me of when you could still hustle stuff from Craigslist.

So if I don't.ask.for an invoice, when we get ready to go buy from a dealership what do I ask them for? Sales contract? I want to be able to go in, wet sign a couple documents and leave.

I think that what you do is go in with a bit of ambiguity. Don't show your cards. Talk a bit about finance and payment. Say that you may have your own financing. Then get a price out of them. They make money on the financing. Motivate them to give you the lowest price possible. Then tell them that you changed your mind and will just write a check. They will fall out of their chair, but at least you know what the real price is.

Costco auto program. You'll get it for a few hundred over invoice.

Costco auto program is a joke. It's just a way for costco to sell the leads to dealers for money. All the dealer has to do is have a fixed program in effect. That program can be MSRP, or discounted, or not. It's hardly a deal. We signed our Honda store up years ago, and would get one or two leads a month, and MAYBE a sale every few months. It wasn't worth it and dropped Costco the next year.

Costco auto program is a joke. It's just a way for costco to sell the leads to dealers for money. All the dealer has to do is have a fixed program in effect. That program can be MSRP, or discounted, or not. It's hardly a deal. We signed our Honda store up years ago, and would get one or two leads a month, and MAYBE a sale every few months. It wasn't worth it and dropped Costco the next year.
Want to sell a car this weekend? :stirthepot:

White Elite Passport AWD dark interior, 41.5k or less and we'll just buy it from you. :flipoff2:

Honda passport? WTF would you buy that? My rental right now is a 2021 Tahoe. That thing is nice!

Just looked at the dealership where I bought my truck. Their internet prices are $500 above MSRP! WTF? I had a friend buy a truck 3 months ago for 35% under MSRP.

Your looking at this all wrong. Unless you are keeping her current ride just pay MSRP and then make sure you make up the difference on trade in. Used cars are at an all time high and they want hers for sure.

Just looked at the dealership where I bought my truck. Their internet prices are $500 above MSRP! WTF? I had a friend buy a truck 3 months ago for 35% under MSRP.

uh... new model year... less inventory... more demand...

there's no WTF? about it.

I wanted her to get a Tahoe/Denali or an Expedition! :smokin:

I bought my wife a new denali that she "loved and really wanted" added full ceramic tint and clear bra'd the entire front half. She still only drives the Tesla...

Want to buy a like new denali? :flipoff2:

I bought my wife a new denali that she "loved and really wanted" added full ceramic tint and clear bra'd the entire front half. She still only drives the Tesla...

How much? About $3.50? :flipoff2:
​​​​

Is there a reason why? I actually want to know :homer:

I have driven various teslas quite a bit and they are about the last thing i would chose to drive over a pimped out denali :laughing: (Largely due to the fact that I am a tall weight lifter and tesla appears incompetent at making an ergonomic interior for me) I LOVE the acceleration in the teslas, but my tire budget would not.

Is there a reason why? I actually want to know :homer:

I have driven various teslas quite a bit and they are about the last thing i would chose to drive over a pimped out denali :laughing: (Largely due to the fact that I am a tall weight lifter and tesla appears incompetent at making an ergonomic interior for me) I LOVE the acceleration in the teslas, but my tire budget would not.

Her usual drives are short and around town, kids to and from school, groceries, costco etc. She says it's easier to drive and park, and likes that she can leave the AC on if she is making different stops. She is 5'3" and 110 lbs so fitting in it is not a problem. I use the tesla to commute to work when its not cold out. Cold weather range drops 20% and i like more of a buffer for my 270 mile round trip.

Ended up putting in way more work than ever on this and got it for $1k under MSRP out the door.... Before the wife found out about the service plan, which i suspiciously like the free oil changes you get from every other manufacturer. They did take us for the stupid $150 document fee, added it to the agreed upon purchase price.

On the upside taking an angry toddler there and letting him run wild was a good negotiating tactic. We told them if they didn't get the deal done in an hour we would go somewhere else. About 40 minutes in I took the boy into the general manager office to tell them we're here gone in 20 minutes with a new car or not, then the boy puked on his floor, got under his desk and pulled out a bunch of cords from the wall, screaming the whole time. Quickest car deal ever! :laughing:

Last edited:
We told them if they didn't get the deal done in an hour we would go somewhere else. About 40 minutes in I took the boy into the general manager office to tell them we're here gone in 20 minutes with a new car or not, then the boy puked on his floor, got under his desk and pulled out a bunch of cords from the wall, screaming the whole time. Quickest car deal ever! :laughing:

I hope you are joking about this part or you are just a fucking pos person, I would have thrown you and your unruly crotch fruit the fuck out of my business.

I hope you are joking about this part or you are just a fucking pos person, I would have thrown you and your unruly crotch fruit the fuck out of my business.

See post #24

My favorite tactic to get the deal done is know what I'm buying, how much I'm paying out the door, where I'm buying, and go in about an hour before closing. I use their financing as the biggest bargaining chip to the final price massage.

It's worked great for us to cut bs and get the deal done in a timely manner.

A little bit of all three. :flipoff2: Kids just puke sometimes, he spit up milk and beef pouch, while I was trying to clean up he got away from me and pulled a network cable out of the wall, while yelling at it....:laughing: Dude was laughing about it and told me he could see why we set a time limit and did everything except wet sign financing over the phone.

I'm sure baby puke is the least disgusting bodily fluids you're going to have to clean up from one of your rentals. :flipoff2:.

But yeah I definitely let him go way longer than I ever would normally. Worker out great for us! ​​​​​

After buying my wife's Pathfinder, we got called back to sign a form they forgot, for the 2nd time. I had a stomach bug but they insisted I head right in. I was not happy. After 15 minutes of sitting there without a person talking to us, I flagged the manager down. Oh, hi, how can I help you? I told you guys on the phone that I am not feeling well and to have this stupid paper ready to sign. Blank look from manager. Dude, at this very point i am not sure if I am going to puke or shit myself, I do not plan to find a bathroom either. Make it fucking happen or you can keep the fucking car. They found it quickly.

The 1st time I went back for a forgotten paper, I took my 7 year old son who loooooves GTRs. I made sure the manager was listening and I told him to go sit on the one he was ogling. My kid is good, he knows to ask first before touching anything that is not his. In one fell swoop I made my kids day and totally freaked out that manager. It was great. Paper was ready immediatly to sign. Now that I type this, maybe that s why I had to go back the second time. :homer:

Top Back Refresh