What's new

Homemade tools

Made a attachment for my HF tubing notcher. I wanted another way to cut round tubing at an angle, and I wanted something a little more accurate than what I was doing before. So I made this hacksaw jig that bolts on to the notcher to keep the cut straight. It can accomodate 2" tube (which would not be fun, but it would be straight). I suppose a different style clamp would allow it to work with square tube or flat bar...

photo23096.jpg

th400 center support /planetary lifting tool
picture.php

picture.php

not tool but diy case saver/snap ring support

picture.php

test felling with tree pusher

Neat jerry can. Somebody found a way to sell a $10 can for $80!

Did you get the idea for the jack here?

Other steel tool I think is worth carrying is a felling bar with the hook that gives you a lever to rotate those hung up trees.

Here's my welding and fixturing table.
IMG_20210106_040410904.jpg
3' x 4' with 4 locking casters to easily roll around and use space efficiently. It's a 3/8" thick top with 1/4" x 4" vertical stiffening ribs underneath, and a 2 x 2 pattern of 5/8 holes. It is SO nice to be able to clamp anywhere on the table instead of only within a few inches of an edge as with my previous tables.

IMG_20210106_040445680.jpg

Neat jerry can. Somebody found a way to sell a $10 can for $80!

Did you get the idea for the jack here?

Other steel tool I think is worth carrying is a felling bar with the hook that gives you a lever to rotate those hung up trees.

best auto stop/fill chainsaw combi-can in the market and its 30-50$ depending is it on sale

i have seen similar pusher bars for farm jacks in forestry equipment shops

i have couple of those felling bars

Not 100% homemade, but this was modified from an old tube notcher to make it more versatile. Reused the original shaft, bearing block and clamp.
IMG_20201109_002628372.jpg
IMG_20201109_002638132.jpg
IMG_20201109_004328352.jpg
IMG_20201109_004436508.jpg
IMG_20201109_013605239.jpg

I made a vernier scale for setting the angle quick and easy. I may switch the pivot bolt to a cam lock for even faster set up.
IMG_20201112_034904151.jpg

Got any more pics of that vice stand / receiver hitch tree thing? Something like that would be handy to accept tools mounted to receiver tubes. What is that on top?

Not on me but I can take some when I get home. That's a rogue fab notcher on top.

added regeneration valve to my Log splitter and made some holding tables to it.
log lift arm got more steel too.
still need to swap better pump to tractor. doesnt seem to raise enough pressure anymore

20210428_164159.jpg
20210428_164525.jpg

Not really sure if it qualifies as home made, but I did make it and its for home so....

Endmill sharpening fixture.

IMG_0590[1].JPG

added regeneration valve to my Log splitter and made some holding tables to it.
log lift arm got more steel too.
still need to swap better pump to tractor. doesnt seem to raise enough pressure anymore

What does the regen valve do?

What does the regen valve do?
The regen valve ties both the rod and the base ends of the cylinder together and connects them to the high pressure inlet. Due to the difference in surface area (ie: the base having more surface area because it doesn't have the rod in it), the cylinder will extend until it hits the log, depending on how the regen valve is plumbed, it may switch back to normal functioning at that point.

They are common on tractors for the circuit that dumps the bucket as that makes it so they can dump faster.

Aaron Z

Needed a adjustable short cycle on off timer, got the last one from a grow shop, no grow shops here have one, Had this switch I scavenged from a Malibu hybrid battery pack and tadah! It doesn't have much adjustability but seems to be enough. warning may be loud.

th400 center support /planetary lifting tool
picture.php

picture.php

not tool but diy case saver/snap ring support

picture.php
I was going to reply that we lost the pics from posts 32, 33 and 34, but now that I'm quoting they seemed to have returned. Anyone else?

Edit: Nope, the pics showed up while I was quoting (in the reply preview box) but once I hit post, they're gone again.

I was going to reply that we lost the pics from posts 32, 33 and 34, but now that I'm quoting they seemed to have returned. Anyone else?

Edit: Nope, the pics showed up while I was quoting (in the reply preview box) but once I hit post, they're gone again.
I can only see them in the un-posted message. I can't see them in his message or in your quote.

Fuck it. Screenshots attached.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.48.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.48.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.48.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.49.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.49.17 AM.png

Needed a adjustable short cycle on off timer, got the last one from a grow shop, no grow shops here have one, Had this switch I scavenged from a Malibu hybrid battery pack and tadah! It doesn't have much adjustability but seems to be enough. warning may be loud.

Neat, whtcha tumblin?

What does the magnet do?

Same

Top Back Refresh