What's new

Homemade tools

Needed a spindle nut tool to keep in the trucks tool bag so I made one.

Tool 3.jpg Tool 1 + 2.jpg Tool 4.jpg Tool 5.jpg

OK i kept seeing ad's for this belt sander buffer things for grinders online SO i finally bought one off walmart.com and I got a M14 one BUT the grinders run a 5/8-11 thread so I drilled the aluminum center out and tapped it to that and it works awesome on my m18 grinder. Also got a scotch bright belt 1.5" x 30 from empire abrasives and am blown away at how well this thing works and the rusty tube on my truck will be a thing of the past as you can see here. Also some of my air bumps cans had surface rust since they are 6 or 7 years old so buffed that off and mounted it on the truck.

Tomshine Multifunctional Iron Angle Grinder Sanding Belt Adapter Accessories of Sanding Machine Grinding Polishing Machine - Walmart.com

Also I paid around $40 for this but it's now much more expensive

Buffer 1.jpg Buffer 2.jpg Buffer 4.jpg Buffer 6.jpg Buffer 5.jpg

Version 1.0 of my home made bead breaker, primarily for ATV tires but suppose it could do small car tires as well. I've got some changes to make now that I've used it and stared at it for a while but it does do the job on all but the worst crusty tires/wheels I've got kicking around.

PXL_20210918_194428671.jpg

Last edited:
some i made.

most of thease have video in the play list

tree felling pusher for hi lift
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

pickaroo tool from al flat bar
picture.jpg

48" log splitter
picture.png

brake
picture.jpg

just made axe pouch for my logging belt
picture.png

oil drain table
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

portal axle jack extension
picture.jpg

bead breaker

picture.jpg

c frame 20ton press
picture.jpg

belt sander tube notcher
picture.jpg

chain driven rotary drawn bender

picture.jpg

lathe radius turners
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

tree shear
picture.jpg

Here ya go. I'll keep it in one thread for ya :flipoff2:

My bead roller, and english wheel finished, and I'm gearing up to build my belt grinder soon, and am working on a power hammer, something I can use a thumbnail die on, as well as do some forging. Knife making is on my bucket list, I have the space and a home we own, so everything i'm building now is oversized, with the intent to never have to upgrade again.
Im interested to see large equipment people have built, I know some of ya'll have some homemade presses, thats high on my list to build as well

FB_IMG_1675299762281.jpg
FB_IMG_1675299755428.jpg
yjegwt4jwyn.jpg

That's everything from my duplicate thread which is gonna get HGTD.

Sorry I couldn't make the quoted pics display fullsize.

That's everything from my duplicate thread which is gonna get HGTD.

Sorry I couldn't make the quoted pics display fullsize.

You deleted the thread along with the attached pics in it so they wont show up at all now :flipoff2: I'll redo my post here, please delete the quoted one of mine above.

Needed a case spreader but didn't have time to wait for one to ship so made this from the scrap rack

IMG_20200507_133152573.jpg

Special socket to torque mainshaft nut on a M5OD

IMG_20220216_120431813_HDR.jpg

Various benders for my press - flat plate, 3/4 solid round rod and j-hooks for coil springs

IMG_20221231_121042825 (Medium).jpg

Yoke and flange holder for setting up gears

IMG_20221231_121214404 (Medium).jpg

My version of a POB bracket, have since welded on a flat plate to the top for a digi level

POB (1).JPG

Needed another set of fan clutch wrenches so I made my own copying a set I had bought

fan wrenches (Small).jpg

Top Back Refresh