What's new

Home 110v issue

What kind of breaker is it?

If it were one of the typical 3 or 4 major brands that's in 90% of houses, I'd be annoyed if he didn't have a handful of 15 and 20a of each in the truck. If it's a goofy old one that's rarely used, I'd be more understanding. $150 for someone to travel to your home and do some form of skilled labor is not bad at all.
He said push style. Nobody will be carrying one of those. Local wholesale houses included.

He said push style. Nobody will be carrying one of those. Local wholesale houses included.
"bulldog" or "push-o-matic"?

Replacements are available, and they screw to the buss, so if they don't trip they don't usually have flicker problems, but they stick when trying to reset, and the Semaphore gets out of sync with what position the breaker is in.

And they are hard to reset.

Replacements are available, and they screw to the buss, so if they don't trip they don't usually have flicker problems, but they stick when trying to reset, and the Semaphore gets out of sync with what position the breaker is in.

I meant nobody will be carrying them in their van, and not a stock item at wholesale house. Yes they can be ordered.

thanks, guess im not upset anymore.

He did quote me 5500 for main panel replacement, thats a fuck you price. He probably saw my ducati and friends BMW bike and sais fuck this guy

Or he saw how you hemmed and hawed over a simple breaker replacement and knows he doesn't want to deal with you again.

I have one of these panels in my house. Where can I get new breakers? I want to add some circuits.

I have one of these panels in my house. Where can I get new breakers? I want to add some circuits.

A quick search says Home Depot

Look into replacing that old panel:lmao:

Do yourself a favor and change it out to a standard panel. ITE is long gone and the cheap quality of replacement breakers is a waste of time and money.

We're only going to be in this house for a couple more years. Just want to add a 120v circuit and 220v circuit to the garage. Thanks for the help. Wasn't sure if there were "better" replacement breakers out there.

A quick search says Home Depot

Look into replacing that old panel:lmao:

Yep they can be ordered. Non stock item
1000005695.jpg

$150 first hour, one hour minimum?

He can’t bring 20 years of knowledge, a truck, tools, and parts for $20 then come back for the other $130 he’d go broke.

I just had my MSP replaced by a friend for $2800, new essential load sub, a cold water ground run through the attic and back down, and a generator socket. Since I wasn’t picky about the sub it’s kinda commercial looking since he had that and the panel in stock, and I paid cash, no paperwork.

I paid $430 for the permit, and I did the PGE project paperwork myself.

I pulled all the trim off the brick wall, and I need to repair the drywall we had to cut to find the ground rod. I am going to reinstall the trim.

$5500 isn’t that far off.

He’s near me in Grass Valley if you want his number.

Do the new circuits need AFCI protection?
:stirthepot:
If he gets it permitted…

On his Ducati post, who’s going to spend a day at the building department securing permits? Who’s going to coordinate with and pay the utility to disconnect and reconnect the service? How many arc fault circuits are now going be required? Is the original panel surface mounted, or flush mounted? Are all the original NM cables long enough to make up in the new panel?

I’m not an electrician, but there’s more to consider than what Joe Homeowner considers when it comes to what they think a project should cost.

If he gets it permitted…

On his Ducati post, who’s going to spend a day at the building department securing permits? Who’s going to coordinate with and pay the utility to disconnect and reconnect the service? How many arc fault circuits are now going be required? Is the original panel surface mounted, or flush mounted? Are all the original NM cables long enough to make up in the new panel?

I’m not an electrician, but there’s more to consider than what Joe Homeowner considers when it comes to what they think a project should cost.

good insight. thanks

If he gets it permitted…

Pretty much all those considerations only exist because the person doing the work is licensed and therefore at the mercy of the state for his livelihood.

Pretty much all those considerations only exist because the person doing the work is licensed and therefore at the mercy of the state for his livelihood.
Which is mostly insurance company driven. They got tired of paying out for damages caused by shitty work and lobbied for state level adoption of licensing and regulations. Similar to why the ins companies in Iowa have been lobbying for years at a state level to allow unlimited deer hunting tags, because of the ridiculous number of car/deer accidents in the state and payouts for crop damage.

We charge $150 for any propane tank out of gas. Drop 12 gallons in it, 3 minute leak test, and light pilots.

Nowhere near the skill level of an electrician.

We charge $150 for any propane tank out of gas. Drop 12 gallons in it, 3 minute leak test, and light pilots.

Nowhere near the skill level of an electrician.

Fuckers here charge me for a leak test, which is just them sticking a gauge on the line and watching it for a few minutes. They never offer to light my pilots or anything. :mad3: I learned that if you don't tell dispatch that you're out, the drivers won't GAF. :smokin:

Top Back Refresh