What's new

High Pinion 9" / 10" Manufacturers Thread

These are not Amboid gears nor a reverse cut gear. These were made for us by US Gear for desert racing and are a ground tooth gear we had problems with. I would not purchase these.

Great.

Guess I have an expensive set of display gears for the shop.

Explained to seller the issue, return process started.

They have sat on my desk for a couple days now and I can’t believe I notice they were standard rotation, because they most certainly are.

You might check with Gearworks on availability of the ratio you’re interested in. The 5.43’s are supposed to be coming available in a limited quantity but rumor has it Big B Motorsports will buy most of them in one batch to have them for racing. Lots of us have been waiting for over a year for 5.43s so the first new batch will probably be gone as soon as it hits the shelves.
We received 151x 5.43 reverse amboids and have them making another batch of 150 right now. We are determined to not run out again. Every large vendor has received what they wanted and we have plenty left.
They are working on 5.83 reverse amboids for us at the moment. We wont give a eta yet as so far what they tell us you can pretty much double it, then double it again. Its looking better though as 9310 material has became more available and forging houses are not at backlogged.

We received 151x 5.43 reverse amboids and have them making another batch of 150 right now. We are determined to not run out again. Every large vendor has received what they wanted and we have plenty left.
They are working on 5.83 reverse amboids for us at the moment. We wont give an eta yet as so far what they tell us you can pretty much double it, then double it again. Its looking better though as 9310 material has became more available and forging houses are not at backlogged.
I was able to get what I needed this batch but want you to know I’m glad you guys have it sorted out. I was down to one last spare set and we have 4 vehicles that run the same ratio. Thanks for joining to keep us in the loop!

Is this Jeremy talking with us?

They are working on 5.83 reverse amboids for us at the moment. We wont give a eta yet as so far what they tell us you can pretty much double it, then double it again. Its looking better though as 9310 material has became more available and forging houses are not at backlogged.
I'd guess the 5.83s will be very popular based on how many people were asking about something in the 6:1 range.

Am I just dumb and blind? Where does Currie actually sell their 8.8 HP setup? I just see the explanation page on their site.

I wouldn't put an 8.hate in anything bigger than a stock ranger. Only an idiot would put money into one of those pieces of shit.
It's a pretty damn good axle for what it is. Beats everything short of a 9" or D60 handily.

But yeah, entirely inaproprate in anything bigger than a midsize wheeler on 30-something tires or stockish half ton.

Explained to seller the issue, return process started.

They have sat on my desk for a couple days now and I can’t believe I notice they were standard rotation, because they most certainly are.

Man, I almost bought those too. I saw them up on auction for awhile.

Damn, they didn't waste any time! With a price increase to boot!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231104-180350_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20231104-180350_eBay.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20231104-180402_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20231104-180402_eBay.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 38
“We are not experts in this field “

:lmao:

That was his response in one of my messages when I told him that they weren’t amboids. “I assumed that’s what the ‘A’ in the part number was, I’m not an expert.”

I was thinking about starting a new thread, but I'll just comment on this one. Hi Gearworks Inc.

I'm new to the 9/10" world and don't have the bank roll to buy new ones, so I bought a used set of Gear works HI-10 3.812 3rds. After multiple phone calls/emails (and 2 misplaced/missing orders :emb2:) I've learned that they have multiple options for just building 3rds that aren't listed on the website. First off, They sell a Competition Pinion support bearing. It is all roller bearings and is a bit thicker for better coverage of the pinion. Here is a picture with it next to a standard R1535TAV. They use these in Front Engine/Rear axle applications.

3.jpg
4.jpg

Second, they make a front engine/ rear axle specific Pinion Support with larger bearings. The Standard Support is a Model C5005B and the Upgraded one is a Model C5005BT. Again for use in a Front Engine/Rear Axle setup. Here it is next to a standard 9" bearing. To use this Pinion Support you must mill the Yoke since the seal rides higher on the shaft compared to the C5005B.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Top Back Refresh