What's new

Herman Cain rip

Haven't seen this on any credible sources. Where did you see this?

I liked that dude a lot. He got character assassinated slightly worse than Sarah Palin did

Damn...rip. I always enjoyed listening to him.

unpopular opinion ahead.

I guess going to that convention wasn't worth it was it?

I am unsympathetic. He could have easily avoided his own demise.

Seeing as how he'd been traveling all over the place, there's no evidence he got it in Tulsa.

Seeing as how he'd been traveling all over the place, there's no evidence he got it in Tulsa.

ok, so then change the statement to "I guess traveling all over" wasn't worth it.

he was a 74 year old man, a high risk group for death if you catch the rona, use some common sense.

Never saw the appeal.....kinda like Ben Carson. Seems like both got much more traction because of the color of their skin in a Republican mindset. Neither impress me in the political landscape. In their chosen professions, yes, they were very accomplished however.

RIP regardless though

eh, no need to live in fear.

there's a difference between living in fear and taking reasonable steps to prevent your death from an infectious disease.

sadly it seems like most people want to choose between the two extremes of "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" and "IT'S A HOAX!"

traveling around the country for politics is not worth my life, so I wouldn't do it.

He knew the risks. He traveled anyhow, attended gatherings with people from all over the country, and it's likely what cost him his life.

no different than if somebody got room temp if they were doing dumb shit in any other way.

there's a difference between living in fear and taking reasonable steps to prevent your death from an infectious disease.

sadly it seems like most people want to choose between the two extremes of "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" and "IT'S A HOAX!"

traveling around the country for politics is not worth my life, so I wouldn't do it.

He knew the risks. He traveled anyhow, attended gatherings with people from all over the country, and it's likely what cost him his life.

no different than if somebody got room temp if they were doing dumb shit in any other way.

plenty of people have taken reasonable steps, masks, distance, hand washing, no travel...hell, some even live in hospital like settings, and they are still able to contract it.

that's the gamble, as a black republican, cain isn't somebody who was afraid to make his own decisions in life. Just being a black politician for decades probably made him a bigger "target"

plenty of people have taken reasonable steps, masks, distance, hand washing, no travel...hell, some even live in hospital like settings, and they are still able to contract it.

that's the gamble, as a black republican, cain isn't somebody who was afraid to make his own decisions in life. Just being a black politician for decades probably made him a bigger "target"

He made his own decision.

which is why I don't really feel that sympathetic about it.

Everyone makes decisions every second of the day. Some of those decisions lead to bad shit.

So by your reasoning, you should abandon all feelings of sympathy towards anyone.

when those decisions are obviously risky, yes.

we laugh at people that grab power lines and get cooked on this site, because they were dumb.

being a 74 year old cancer survivor traveling around the country during all of this shit was also dumb.

see the correlation here?

when those decisions are obviously risky, yes.

we laugh at people that grab power lines and get cooked on this site, because they were dumb.

being a 74 year old cancer survivor traveling around the country during all of this shit was also dumb.

see the correlation here?

this should be interesting. you and I both know the answer is no.

this should be interesting. you and I both know the answer is no.

because the rona is a hoax or because lessening your exposure to people isn't a reasonable way to reduce your risk from death when you're an at risk individual?

If I were an old man I wouldn't get on an airplane and travel around the country to meet people right now.

I didn't say that it wouldn't guarantee me not getting dead from the rona, just that it's a reasonable precaution to take, knowing the situation currently.

y'all gone soft around here.

who the fuck are you anyway?

because the rona is a hoax or because lessening your exposure to people isn't a reasonable way to reduce your risk from death when you're an at risk individual?

If I were an old man I wouldn't get on an airplane and travel around the country to meet people right now.

I didn't say that it wouldn't guarantee me not getting dead from the rona, just that it's a reasonable precaution to take, knowing the situation currently.

y'all gone soft around here.

who the fuck are you anyway?

certain people just dont care what evidence and common sense are telling them. they want to believe in a massive conspiracy that fuels their bubble machine.

I'm an old man and you won't catch me on a flight this year.

Nothing is 100%. but the amount of effort it takes to wear a mask and do my part in not spreading it if i have it is something I can do for my fellow countrymen.

I'm not lance.

RIP Herman. I use to listen to his radio show. Then he went off the radio and he did it online and I still listened until he quit putting up new shows.

He had a good life story he started out and he was po, he was so poor he couldn’t afford the or.

I sort of agree with 87manche...I just turned 73, ending 10 months of dealing with treatments for a very lethal cancer, time will tell if I'm a true survivor.. I ride a Ducati, sometimes at stupid speeds, not afraid to go out for a beer with friends or a meal...But I do wear a mask ,keep a safe distance from people and try to stay outdoors when with friends. I would never fly or use any public transportation or mingle in large groups.
. It's really too bad about Cain but he probably thought he was doing the right thing..

He made his own decision.

which is why I don't really feel that sympathetic about it.

yeah i'm particularly broke up he died from the Wuhan flu, but i'll give him as much consideration as every other politician who passes.

i'd imagine you are in about the same spot :laughing: but I don't think anybody is going to rename a bridge in his honor or make a spectacle out of his funeral procession.

yeah i'm particularly broke up he died from the Wuhan flu, but i'll give him as much consideration as every other politician who passes.

i'd imagine you are in about the same spot :laughing: but I don't think anybody is going to rename a bridge in his honor or make a spectacle out of his funeral procession.

oh it's going to be a spectacle.

what isn't these days?

Top Back Refresh