What's new

help me buy a shitbox tractor

Anyone have backyard/shade tree tricks for a lucas cav injection pump on a 3 cyl ford?
Long story short the fuel went bad from sitting too much. I cleaned tank, filters and have good fuel to pump now. There is Light coat of surface rust inside the injection pump and I'm thinking shit inside the pump head is stuck cause I cant get fuel to injectors. I tried popping the top off of it and verifying the rod thing is moving as it should like discussed on tractorbynet.

Tractor only has 800 hrs and has always ran fine, it just sat too much in the years leading up to and after my dad passed. Now trying to revive it without taking pump hour away to be gone thru.

are you getting fuel out when the injector lines are cracked open?
does that fuel go through the 1-2-3 firing order, or just dribble outta one of the lines even while cranking?

don't know of any tricks beyond taking it apart and cleaning it and new seals. just did that last summer to my fil's cummins ve pump. most of the time tractor ones get stuck because someone left the shutoff lever pulled. Always push it back in when it stops.
theres a pump guy on heavy equipment forum that might have some answers for you. he's helped alot of guys on there.

don't know of any tricks beyond taking it apart and cleaning it and new seals. just did that last summer to my fil's cummins ve pump. most of the time tractor ones get stuck because someone left the shutoff lever pulled. Always push it back in when it stops.
theres a pump guy on heavy equipment forum that might have some answers for you. he's helped alot of guys on there.
are you getting fuel out when the injector lines are cracked open?
does that fuel go through the 1-2-3 firing order, or just dribble outta one of the lines even while cranking?
I read some of the pump guy on tractorbynet info and that pump didnt sound much like something i want to try to take apart myself to clean up. I have replaced top cover seals in the one on my 2910 before but thats it.

This is a 97' 3930, no manual shutoff it has the solenoid. I've had that apart and verified its working inside the pump, the spring loaded rod was a little gummed up and i had to work it to get it back moving as it should.

No fuel with injector lines cracked open at pump or injectors, just an occasional dribble. I do have good strong fuel flow at pump bleed, but no spray out bleeder like it should when cranking.

most of the time tractor ones get stuck because someone left the shutoff lever pulled. Always push it back in when it stops.
then they get stuck in full rack and you get a smoke show surprise
No fuel with injector lines cracked open at pump or injectors, just an occasional dribble. I do have good strong fuel flow at pump bleed, but no spray out bleeder like it should when cranking.
distributor rotor might be siezed and snapped off

drain the pump body and fill it with b12 or whatever for a while in case it is just the pumping element plunger that is stuck in the compressed position

then they get stuck in full rack and you get a smoke show surprise

distributor rotor might be siezed and snapped off

drain the pump body and fill it with b12 or whatever for a while in case it is just the pumping element plunger that is stuck in the compressed position
Ill give it a shot, thank you
:beer:

Top Back Refresh