What's new

gymkhana

Its cooler than anything I've ever done.

Its nice to see a fresh driver and style. There's a build video of the car that's pretty cool.

That's really why I watched it. Figured maybe pastrami would pull out something different. Nope.

I dont know what it is, hes probably a great guy, but every time I see his face I want to punch it. I have no idea why.

8 minutes of my life I will never have back. I dont understand it. Every last gymkhana is donuts and drifting and there is only so much you can do with either. Oh wait, they just the car a few times. Whew, that's new.

You have wasted more time than that shoving things in your dick, so stuff and stop complaining. :flipoff2:

It was a fun run, that jump towards the end was awesome.
Not sure why all the criticism but to each his own, Travis looked to have a lot of fun tearing it up, while maintaining the focus.
Man has skills and big brass balls for sure...

It's funny because I know there is an insane amount of skill behind it, but his style looks like he is trying to hang on while assuming he is about to die.

That car is probably terrifying.

To me, this is scarier having driven this road.

That's really why I watched it. Figured maybe pastrami would pull out something different. Nope.

I dont know what it is, hes probably a great guy, but every time I see his face I want to punch it. I have no idea why.

You'd have to catch him first and me thinks you might run out of skill long before that happened.:flipoff2:

The guy has mad skills in many forms of motorsports. Launching a car 6th gear pinned, just so we could see it.........................I tip my hat.

I have had the luxury of having several interactions with Pastrana in various degrees of his sports. That guy you watch on TV is the guy he is. It is not an act.
Bumped into him in a alley in a small town during his rally stops, you would have thunk that I just made his day coming and watching his race....there was no one around, just us and his excitement that we bothered to say hi to him. Watched the same guy, in the middle of a title race, mid rally, still sign every kids autograph request as he was in a pit stop.
Same deal in a motocross setting, I'm pretty sure that his goal is to make his autograph worthless with how to gives them freely...and good on him for it.
Still constantly blows me away with his ability to break the laws of physics and do things that just aren't right lol

It's funny because I know there is an insane amount of skill behind it, but his style looks like he is trying to hang on while assuming he is about to die.

I was gunna say, you can see all the emotions running thru his face :laughing:

​​​​​

I'll be honest, as a Maryland resident and a dirtbike/atv/offroad enthusiast, I'm a Pastrana fan boy. It makes me very happy to hear this from someone from the other side of the country with no real ties to the guy.

I have a few VERY loose ties to Pastrana around here (we're talking 3+ degrees of separation), but everything I've ever known about the dude locally has been nothing but positive. A good friend of mine is now married into his family, and has never had anything negative to say about them.

MD could be a really awesome state to live in if we didn't have Baltimore and the tumor on our ass that is DC. If we have to hang our hat on something, I'm glad its somebody like Pastrana.

ive been a fan of his his entire career, since he jumped his bike off the pier into the SF bay in 99ish:grinpimp:

That jump at the end :eek:

Everyone realizes that rally drivers do those sort of jumps all the time...maybe not quite at that speed, but over 100mph jumps in narrower wooded areas on loose surfaces.

I didn't think it was as good as the previous ones. But I still thought it was cool as shit, and my 3 year old spent like 20 minutes doing donuts in the living room and screeching around corners before reverting to his natural form, a 2 legged monster truck.

The guy has done some super cool stuff that is for sure.

I watched one video of him in some third world country doing back flips off a 3 foot dirt jump in some little village. All the kids were loving it and he was signing anything they wanted.

The sketchiest one I remember was him back flipping from one factory building to another several stories up.

Crazy stuff.

The guy has done some super cool stuff that is for sure.

I watched one video of him in some third world country doing back flips off a 3 foot dirt jump in some little village. All the kids were loving it and he was signing anything they wanted.

The sketchiest one I remember was him back flipping from one factory building to another several stories up.

Crazy stuff.

IIRC, he tried the 1st monster truck backflip. I can't imagine just being all like "well, let's see if it'll work" and then digging a fucking ramp in the woods in the backyard. :laughing:

Everyone realizes that rally drivers do those sort of jumps all the time...maybe not quite at that speed, but over 100mph jumps in narrower wooded areas on loose surfaces.
yes.
when loeb hucked that thing like 200 feet in turkey was a ridiculously insane thing.
I wonder what pastrana's total distance was.

I didn't think it was as good as the previous ones. But I still thought it was cool as shit, and my 3 year old spent like 20 minutes doing donuts in the living room and screeching around corners before reverting to his natural form, a 2 legged monster truck.

I think the rona and the shortened time frame they did it in contributed to the not as crazy.
they promised an extended cut, and I wonder if that's just because they couldn't go and film shit they wanted to because government.

862 HP? That's a little more than I'm pulling out of my Outback and Impreza...

Top Back Refresh