What's new

Good old tire thread: Budget-friendly decent MT

anyone getting over 30k out of a set of tires on a car/truck are living very boring lives :flipoff2:

:laughing:

I just roached one of my rear tires towing an 11k lb skid steer in my dump trailer on a dirt road. I would have just put it in 4wd, but I swapped my 4.10 rear for 3. 54s and my 3.54s for my front burned up :laughing:

Can't say my life is boring :flipoff2:

I have a pair of Ironman MT on the rear of my Taco and they seem to be wearing like steel even running around with the diff locked and trail time. They are a KM2 style pattern.

​​​​

I know Doc ran those in 37s on his JK and liked them.

Can't speak personally for the MTs, but I ran those in ATs on the last two trucks I've had and loved them. I'd have them on my Suburban now but it has fairly new General Grabbers on it from the PO.

I know Doc ran those in 37s on his JK and liked them.

Can't speak personally for the MTs, but I ran those in ATs on the last two trucks I've had and loved them. I'd have them on my Suburban now but it has fairly new General Grabbers on it from the PO.

I put a set of Ironman AT on my last superduty and they were pretty excellent in rain, snow, and gravel/dirt for tow pig duties. One was seemingly slightly out of round because there was a vibration that wouldn't balance out and would follow the tire around. I never bothered to try and warranty it.

They were about $550 mounted and balanced for 33s in LR E, which was pretty damn good. Now I'm looking at tires for my new truck and they're 300+ ea :crybaby2:

I put a set of Ironman AT on my last superduty and they were pretty excellent in rain, snow, and gravel/dirt for tow pig duties. One was seemingly slightly out of round because there was a vibration that wouldn't balance out and would follow the tire around. I never bothered to try and warranty it.

They were about $550 mounted and balanced for 33s in LR E, which was pretty damn good. Now I'm looking at tires for my new truck and they're 300+ ea :crybaby2:

Could probably buy 17" tires and wheels for the same price as 20" tires :laughing:

Could probably buy 17" tires and wheels for the same price as 20" tires :laughing:

yeah, probably buy a set of PHAT 17x10s with offset and drop down to 33s for that #stance #stanced #stancenation life :flipoff2: for less than a set of Michelins on the factory 20s :homer:

I like the factory 20s though :grinpimp: and aside from the exhaust I told myself I would keep this truck stock :laughing:

I think I paid like mid $300s for 31s on my K5 2 years ago. Never really took it offroad, but they did awesome in snow. Was shocked how quiet they were.

I think I paid like mid $300s for 31s on my K5 2 years ago. Never really took it offroad, but they did awesome in snow. Was shocked how quiet they were.

yeah, they were quieter than the BFG ATs on it before. Those tires had plenty of life but the DOT codes were all 15+ years old so I had to get rid of them before I blew one out with a trailer hooked up

yeah, probably buy a set of PHAT 17x10s with offset and drop down to 33s for that #stance #stanced #stancenation life :flipoff2: for less than a set of Michelins on the factory 20s :homer:

I like the factory 20s though :grinpimp: and aside from the exhaust I told myself I would keep this truck stock :laughing:

No, you'd need 22x16s with 33x12.5s with - 7782 offset, Dat lip doh

I do like some of the factory 20s also. Especially because you can get narrow ~35s for them like the 285/65r20s or whatever they are. But you gotta pay to play.

I'm still rocking stock 16s on my tow rig :flipoff2:

No, you'd need 22x16s with 33x12.5s with - 7782 offset, Dat lip doh

I do like some of the factory 20s also. Especially because you can get narrow ~35s for them like the 285/65r20s or whatever they are. But you gotta pay to play.

I'm still rocking stock 16s on my tow rig :flipoff2:

I don't think 16s will fit over these big kid rotors :flipoff2: I was looking for an XLT which would have probably had 17s but this Lariat ended up working out nicely.

Don't think I'll be dropping money on wheels for this truck unless I need to for some reason. Trying to keep it looking stock to avoid catching any more attention than I need to.

It depends on the tires. I’ve been looking at going from factory 20” to a 17”. Depending on brand and load range, so of the tires for 20” rims are similarly priced or cheaper than a 17” rim. At least, through discount tire they are.

Screenshot_20200807-165437.png
:flipoff2:

i have the goodyear duratracs on my f350...towing heavy , i just got back from 3k miles towing....they are wearing well, but down 3/32 tread in the rears :laughing:

getting them rotated tomm....tk has 6k miles on it

These are 33" Patagonia's with 15K miles on them. They see some moderate wheeling and some long distance highway miles. They have gotten loud as all get out and are in need of balance. We had a good tire tech at our local Walmart; but the auto service department is shut-down. Walmart has offered to refund the lifetime balance fee; that is on my short list of things to do.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/o25zRLosZBw3BMZu5

Last edited:
I have iron man mts on the rear of the backup truck, 2007 f350 v10 srw. It gets beat by the guys/ anyone that needs a extra vehicle/ loaned to friends that need a truck for something. Cant complain they were under $180 a tire otd and have done well for last 3ish years 15k miles or so.

These are 33" Patagonia's with 15K miles on them. They see some moderate wheeling and some long distance highway miles. They have gotten loud as all get out and are in need of balance. We had a good tire tech at our local Walmart; but the auto service department is shut-down. Walmart has offered to refund the lifetime balance fee; that is on my short list of things to do.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/o25zRLosZBw3BMZu5

My experience with Patagonias has been great so far, 37X13.5X20 at 12K miles on my Tundra Crew cab, I have zero issues and 2 of them lost the wights that were on them. One of them on the front chucked the weights off of it and I only have a slight vibration. All are wearing really well, I have 2K more miles to go on my current trip and when I get home I'll get them re balanced. I wouldn't call these loud by any means and they ride great, perform really well in the rain.

Top Back Refresh