What's new

Good, cheap, easy meals

Sloppy Joes:

2 pounds ground beef seasoned with whatever and cooked. Dump that into a crock pot with 2 cans of Campbell's chicken gumbo and add some ketchup and a bit of mustard.

Only way I eat sloppy Joes any longer, but you must let it cook a few hours in the crock pot.

Tater tot hotdish:

2 pounds of ground beef seasoned with whatever and cooked. Dump 2 cans of Veg-All, 2 cans of cream of whatever, and a bit of shredded cheese. Throw it in a baking dish and completely cover with frozen Tater tots and cook at 350 for an hour.

This was my go to cheap meal in college. My wife was out of town and I made it for my son and I the other day. He's 4 and I usually have to remind him to eat, he chowed it down and asked for more.

Ingredients:
2 boxes of mac and cheese, Kraft is best, the hippy organic shit my wife buys is acceptable, so is the store brand if you're really cheap.
8 hot dogs, I've tried it with sausages, and it isn't really the same.
Frozen veggies, quantity depends on how healthy you want to tell yourself this is. I like the corn/carrot/pea mix, but I've done broccoli also. I used to stock up on the store brand ones when they're on sale, now I just buy a big bag at Costco.

Start cooking macaroni and cheese per the instructions

While macaroni is boiling, slice up hot dogs into 1/4-3/8 thick coins.

When the macaroni has a couple minutes left dump in the hot dog slices and frozen veggies.

When the veggies are thawed, it's done cooking.

Drain water, add cheese mix, butter, and milk, stir, enjoy.

Whole chicken on the traeger. Dry rub, cook at 375 till breast is 165. Free kale salad and grilled carrots from the garden. Spend the money i saved on veggies on more parts👌🏻

White rice or noodles of your choice, cream of mushroom soup and hamburger. Season to taste.

Fried kielbasa and hominy, Season to taste.

Bean burritos. I just bought the stuff. Tortillas, 2 can of refried beans, cheese, salsa.

$10.13 makes 8 burritos. That comes out to $1.27 each. Better than Taco Bell by a lot. I wrap the extras in foil and take them with me to work. It takes about 30 min to cook and wrap 8. I eat two for dinner and the rest get used as easy work lunches.

Did I ask you how you are preparing it for variety? I have an almost endless supply of high end burger.

part of this endeavor is to reprogram my brain that foods main purpose is nutrition.so no variety, ground beef with a dash of taco seasoning. i have recently switched to chicken breast for a better protein/calorie ratio and added in some white rice for carbs. additionally i can eat chicken without being warmed up, depending on the fat content of the beef it was not as appetizing. i have a problem with self control when it comes to food, i have been known to eat an entire bag of tortilla chips and jar of salsa while making tacos for dinner. as you know this habit while being in the field and driving a vehicle for many hours is a terrible combination.

Bean burritos. I just bought the stuff. Tortillas, 2 can of refried beans, cheese, salsa.

$10.13 makes 8 burritos. That comes out to $1.27 each. Better than Taco Bell by a lot. I wrap the extras in foil and take them with me to work. It takes about 30 min to cook and wrap 8. I eat two for dinner and the rest get used as easy work lunches.

make your own beans foolio ... refried beans - simple and easy

part of this endeavor is to reprogram my brain that foods main purpose is nutrition.so no variety, ground beef with a dash of taco seasoning. i have recently switched to chicken breast for a better protein/calorie ratio and added in some white rice for carbs. additionally i can eat chicken without being warmed up, depending on the fat content of the beef it was not as appetizing. i have a problem with self control when it comes to food, i have been known to eat an entire bag of tortilla chips and jar of salsa while making tacos for dinner. as you know this habit while being in the field and driving a vehicle for many hours is a terrible combination.
I know it all too well. I stopped buying certain things because I have self control issues. I like burger and black beans with taco seasoning. Is your goal working yet?

I also do the chopped chicken with buffalo sauce for flavor

the changes in routine have drastically changed my response to the cravings. not perfect by any stretch but have more desire to battle the inner donut munching fat kid.

Thanks for a meal idea.:grinpimp::beer:

I'm making a grocery list for August.🤓

Just short of a cardiac arrest.:eek:

So that would be a yes.:laughing:
Exorent

#metoo. I like stuff so hot nobody else can eat it. This stuff right here is pure 🔥 and tastes amaaaaazing for flavor. The refried beans are $1.50 a can and the salsa is $3.85. The salsa will last you a while because a little goes a long ways. Everything I eat is hot and this stuff is legit.

IMG_4726.jpeg
IMG_4725.jpeg

#metoo. I like stuff so hot nobody else can eat it. This stuff right here is pure 🔥 and tastes amaaaaazing for flavor. The refried beans are $1.50 a can and the salsa is $3.85. The salsa will last you a while because a little goes a long ways. Everything I eat is hot and this stuff is legit.

IMG_4726.jpeg
Awesome; added to the Am.azon grocery list.:grinpimp:

Thanks for the suggestion.:beer:

IMG_4726.jpeg
Fimages%2F8ea259c682d2cd88e0ee593ee46d04a8%2Ftenor.gif

:laughing::grinpimp:

My favorite college meal was rice and eggs. Leftover white rice, two poached eggs, one packet of soy sauce. One of my favorite things to eat. Plop some Sriracha on if you want some color

Did I ask you how you are preparing it for variety? I have an almost endless supply of high end burger.

Never been a big fan of steak. Grind the whole animal IMO:laughing: An the older I get the more veggies I wanna eat.

lately a bag of broccoli an maybe some cauliflower. Chopped up onion an a couple pounds of burger. Kinda getting hung up on sesame oil..makes a few days worth of good food for not much.

the changes in routine have drastically changed my response to the cravings. not perfect by any stretch but have more desire to battle the inner donut munching fat kid.
In the same boat, but it's still pretty early in my regiment that the will power and desire is strong. Meal prep starts soon, waiting for Amazon to deliver trays, but even ordering food I'm past flavor. Flavor is just a byproduct now

IMG_4726.jpeg
Since Am.azon was out of the Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa, I ordered their med-hot salsa:
1691469393681.png

Since Am.azon was out of the Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa, I ordered their med-hot salsa:
1691469393681.png
Ok; had my first experience with this sauce, the company list it as 'hot'.
The spiciness; IMHO, is more like medium spicy.
I really like the flavor, though.

Out of :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::

1) Flavor/taste: :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:
2) Spicy:.......... :flipoff2::flipoff2:
3) Buy again:...:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

BTW; my jar cost $8.00:eek:

Top Back Refresh