What's new

Go woke, go broke — AND go jobless!

F2504x4

Member Number
Finally somethings are getting back on track....

Disney's boss is looking for a new gig... because he put progressive activist quackery before turning a buck. Big mistake!​

Hey, corporate America. Pick a lane!

You can be businessmen or activists; but you can't be both.

Unceremoniously ousted Disney CEO Bob Chapek just learned that lesson the hard way.

Chapek, tapped to run Disney less than 3 years ago, is being replaced by his own predecessor. The legendary Bob Iger is back to right the ship.

Now, I'm no business reporter, but it doesn't take a financial genius to see that Chapek's strategy wasn't adding up.

The stock is down 40% this year. Disney's streaming service, Disney+, ironically keeps adding subscribers and losing money – to the tune of $1.5 billion a quarter. And the company is freezing hiring, cutting spending, and likely laying people off.

So, what was Chapek doing while the House of Mouse crumbled?

He was backing into fights with Republican governors and alienating his customers.

Chapek got the most public attention during his very short tenure for his very public feud with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis over a parental right's law, deemed the 'Don't Say Gay' bill by unhinged critics.

In reality, the law banned the classroom discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity in public schools for kindergarten through third grade. Sounds reasonable, right?

Well, initially, Chapek thought so too -- until he decided to play activist.

Chapek went from trying to avoid the left-wing outrage over the law to fully and completely embracing it.

I suspect he is going to be doing a clean sweep of the place , focus on the money making portion of his position. I do hope Florida sticks to revoking of the tax exempt status that Disney had .

I'm gonna say there is some content creators at disney right now that are shaking in their goofy colored hair, 1990's doc martins while holding their star bucks coffee.

The stock is down 40% this year. Disney's streaming service, Disney+, ironically keeps adding subscribers and losing money – to the tune of $1.5 billion a quarter. And the company is freezing hiring, cutting spending, and likely laying people off.
Ha ha. Fuck you. :lmao:

They are putting back at the helm the guy who steered Disney into its current course of wokeness and creative bankruptcy.

Chapek actually made some efforts to turn the ship around... And now he's being removed.

Updated below, he's seems to have repeatedly rammed the icebergs.

Last edited:
Iger, 71, had handed Chapek the keys to his kingdom after a slew of false starts that saw him continue to steer the company for more than two years after airing plans to retire, reportedly to the frustration of a waiting Chapek.

At the time, Iger, who caused ructions on his way out by forcefully speaking out against Florida's so-called Don't Say Gay bill, asserted his retirement was permanent, and that he would not return to the role.

Now it seems as those words were somewhat wayward, with Iger set to again take the reins. It comes as the company has seen its share price plummet under Chapek, who earned a salary of $26 million in 2021.

The company's poor performance under Chapek has been blamed on a variety of factors - disappointing financial results, large losses in the streaming business and Chapek's mishandling of the company's response to Ron DeSantis' Don't Say Gay bill. The bill limits LGBTQ discussions in Florida schools for students in the third grade and below.

Under Chapek, Disney also faced a backlash over a lesbian kiss in kids' movie Lightyear and a transgender man buying tampons in TV series Baymax. Those productions were likely signed off during Iger's tenure.

Iger has worked for Disney for more than four decades, with 15 of those years coming in the company's hot seat - which is now hotter than ever.

No additional details about the shift were provided by Iger or the company, which has battled a slew of controversies over the past year amid its changing power structure under Chapek - who championed 'inclusion' as his foremost focus as CEO.

Chapek's 'inclusion' campaign - which was widely criticized as a means of pandering to the company's increasingly outspoken progressive customer base - would see the company nix phrases 'ladies and gentleman, boys and girls' during shows at Disney World's iconic Magic Kingdom.

Other rides such as the Jungle Cruise, a staple of Disney’s theme parks for nearly 70 years, got an overhaul to address years of complaints that it offered a racist view of indigenous people as uncivilized 'savages' - decisions reportedly made without Iger's input.

The company's 'Lightyear' spinoff also drew backlash after it showed a same-sex kiss between two characters - a scene insiders said Chapek initially took out, but reinstated following complaints from offended staff.

Insiders at the time described a rift forming between Iger and Chapek, with the former mentor reportedly growing increasingly frustrated with his protégé's decisions made without his or others' input.

Calls Chapek made without the chairman's blessing, according to the outlet, included a dramatic reorganization of the company in October that saw 28,000 theme park staffers laid off to deal with accruing costs spurred by pandemic-related closures, and a shift in focus to the company's streaming service, Disney+.

They also included the revelation of actress Scarlett Johansson’s $35 million salary for starring in Marvel movie Black Widow.

The huge payday was leaked after Johansson sued over the movie's release on Disney+, rather than at movie theaters, alleging she was being stiffed and underpaid when compared to her male counterparts.

The conflict reportedly embarrassed Iger, sources told NBC, who remarked that while no longer CEO, the company chairman still prided himself on the company's relationships with A-list talent.

Most importantly, however, Chapek was criticized for not condemning DeSantis' Parental Rights in Education Act, dubbed by detractors as the 'Don't Say Gay' bill. He moved to try and quell the backlash, which eventually gave way to a backtracking statement from Disney to staff declaring its opposition to the bill.

In the memo, Chapek said: 'I want to be crystal clear: I and the entire leadership team unequivocally stand in support of our LGBTQ+ employees, their families, and their communities.

So who the heck know what's going on but sounds like the current CEO leaving isn't a horrible decision.

The problem Disney has that big tech companies don't have is that people have to actively shop with them. It's very easy to avoid giving Disney any money. We had a trip planned this summer for 5 people to go to Disney world. We cancelled that trip. We will spend that week in the keys instead.

The problem Disney has that big tech companies don't have is that people have to actively shop with them. It's very easy to avoid giving Disney any money. We had a trip planned this summer for 5 people to go to Disney world. We cancelled that trip. We will spend that week in the keys instead.
Be sure to let them know. An Irate customer has a lot more impact than just an absent one.

71o47b.jpg

They are putting back at the helm the guy who steered Disney into its current course of wokeness and creative bankruptcy.

Chapek actually made some efforts to turn the ship around... And now he's being removed.
Huh?
Disneys involvement with the “don’t be a groomer “
“Don’t talk to someone else’s SIX year old child about sex”
Legislation was totally super woke nutty .

Would you want teachers or Disney employees trying to talk your 6 year old girl
Into being their sex partner ?

I didn’t think so .
No normal parent would want that .
But Disney went all out on it .
And seemed to forget that they got hundreds of millions in tax breaks every year that no other business in Florida gets .

And those tax dodges could vanish as quickly as they arrived .

Huh?
Disneys involvement with the “don’t be a groomer “
“Don’t talk to someone else’s SIX year old child about sex”
Legislation was totally super woke nutty .

Would you want teachers or Disney employees trying to talk your 6 year old girl
Into being their sex partner ?

I didn’t think so .
No normal parent would want that .
But Disney went all out on it .
And seemed to forget that they got hundreds of millions in tax breaks every year that no other business in Florida gets .

And those tax dodges could vanish as quickly as they arrived .

Chapek took over two years ago. All the things you mentioned have been going on for a lot longer. Who do you think oversaw that?

Iger stepped down in 2020, after leading Disney for most of the century. Every major project that is going on right now was green lighted by Iger. He's the one who built the woke, ESG-loving company I have grown to despise.

Chapek was marginally anti-woke, not because of principle, but because the blue-hair crowd was driving the company to bankrupcy and Chapek cares about money. He had actually taken steps to separate the woke employees and activists from the executive decision-making and it was rumored that the next round of layoffs was going to target that crowd to a large degree.

What Iger will do is to be seen, but I'm not holding my breath, since he's the one who created this woke monster in the first place.

Fuck em.

Epcot was cool because it was easy to get decent beer. I had to be half drunk to deal with the staff and idiots.

We have season passes to universal studios Florida. Won't be going back to Disney anytime soon, if ever.

Figured I would resurrect this thread as woke disney is going even more broke. It looks like the new starwars acolyte series is a woke disaster as well as the new starwars video game that is going to be ruined. If you want to go down a rabbit hole of how woke gaming is go to youtube and search sweet baby inc detected. Complete shitshow.
BUT

I have to give credit to ryan reynolds and hugh jackman. The two heads at disney rewrote part of the deadpool 3 movie where in an alternate universe a female wolverine beats hugh jackman and according to ryan some really cringy woke dialogue and then the original wolverine dies and the femal takes over. Ryan and hugh threatened to walk away from the picture and all further appearances in any MCU picture if they changed the story at all from what was written. Disney caved in. I think the deadpool3 movie will be the only disney movie to turn a profit because disney is not involved. I can only imagine the disney heads in that meeting.

Last edited:
There were going to kill someone thats already dead with a defined story?
they have been pretty tight lipped about the story but it does involve alternate universes I think. I think it's loosely based on a comic series where deadpool kills all the Xmen.

woke gaming is go to youtube and search sweet baby inc detected. Complete shitshow.
I LOVE that they're getting called for their horseshit. It gives me hope that there will be a pendulum swing from this nonsense.

(Sweey Baby Inc is a company that freelances cramming woke garbage into game scripts. Gamers are sick of it. Here's a list of some of their clients.
Steam Curator: Sweet Baby Inc detected )

For the quick version for those that are mildly interested.

Company sweet baby inc (and others) threatens companies (they are on video saying that this is what you say to gaming companies) into hiring them to make sure that they confirm to DEI.

They then race swap characters and re-write dialog to fit the DEI agenda. They also get into game mechanics and character creation
They "uglify" women in the game because beautiful women might offend people. These are actual models that are scanned into the game and then uglified.

A random gamer noticed this and and started a channel called Sweet Baby inc Detected. All it did was list games that SBI worked on.

Someone at SBI found the group and went ballistic, posted crap everywhere and tried to have the gamer and anybody in the channel banned.

After the SBI employee posted everywhere people went to see what all the hub bub was about and learned about what was going on.

Group went form a few hundred to over 200k at last count.

Gamers start calling out woke crap. SBI and woke devs start deleting posts, videos and stop listing the projects they are involved with

Train keeps a rollin...welcome to GamerGate2.

It's actually pretty amazing that this got as far as it did without people noticing.

they have been pretty tight lipped about the story but it does involve alternate universes I think. I think it's loosely based on a comic series where deadpool kills all the Xmen.
So the same deadpool that was also ryan ryenolds were he tried to kill wolverine also hugh jackman and dead pool is hybrid of added xmen powers but is somehow a different universe.........

Top Back Refresh