What's new

go big or go home

Where did you get this and how much??

I am a fag for euro 6x6 cabovers :eek:

Well I was kinda looking for a truck and stumbled upon it in the classifieds...
At the time had about that much money in the bank :laughing:
I think I somehow scored at about 30k USD. Thats about what the non-rally dump trucks go for.
If you're too cheap for a Mercedes you could find an Iveco-Magirus 6x6 dump truck with the Deutz aircooled V8 engine for about half as much or less.

Well I was kinda looking for a truck and stumbled upon it in the classifieds...
At the time had about that much money in the bank :laughing:
I think I somehow scored at about 30k USD. Thats about what the non-rally dump trucks go for.
If you're too cheap for a Mercedes you could find an Iveco-Magirus 6x6 dump truck with the Deutz aircooled V8 engine for about half as much or less.

You found it in the US? Thats a raaare find! 30k is about what it looks like. Not dirt cheap, but the earity of it.

Anyway, absolutely love it.

It's a french truck and I'm in France :D
Similar rally raid trucks usually advertise for anywhere between 35k and 60k euros thats about 42.5k USD and up.
Dump trucks are a lot cheaper but more beaten up and no CTIS
Let me know when you're ready to pull the trigger
:flipoff2:

You are in France?

Well that answers everything. I was surprised to see one of these in the US.

Badass man.

OK fawkers the only part that leaks at 20psi is where the air is supposed to go in and out :flipoff2:

IMG_20201211_162340.jpg

That's good. Normally, you only test at a few psi on a fuel tank. Sometimes they turn in to beach balls.

industry standard for holding tank (fuel, water, etc. not meant to be pressurized) is 2-3lbs.

once upon a time a contractor demanded he test a 10k gal water holding tank i made at 12psi. it was 12' diameter and pulled the mounting bolt from the pad and lifted the base flange 7-9". after holding for 24hrs, passed... it sounded like a bomb went off when he hit the dump valve. dont over pressure tanks.

Now that my old truck is gone I need to get done with this one. I've been busy with a few odds and ends but nothing spectacular to show here.
Air system mods for the trailer brakes done, cheap lightweight mud guards on the way. Its no time for the bling yet. :flipoff2:
I love my mag drill btw :grinpimp:

IMG_20210404_175647.jpg

IMG_20210404_173420.jpg

What happened to the fancy blue one ?

Got my enlargement operation going

The oil tank from the hooklift fitted well on the side of the chassis, but I need more capacity for the crane.
Lengthening the potato-shaped tank somehow felt like a good idea.
.120 plate in the plate "roller" and test fit.

I've beaten sheet metal over a tube by hand to do similar. Will have to remember your "press brake" trick in the future. 👍

Top Back Refresh