What's new

From our youth.......

Go look on eBay, those things are listed for insane prices. Especially if they are in good original condition. Parts bikes are high too.
I’m not suggesting you sell yours, I’m suggesting you take care of it, maybe restore it.
mine as a kid was the green pea picker, think I saw one of those listed over 3k.

I have absolutely no idea what ever happened to mine.
we moved a lot when I was a kid, and I bounced between my mom and Grandparents a few times, I’m sure my mother probably tossed it at some point.

I'm not interested in selling so I don't care what it's worth.

Lagos was it for me. Now a days, Legos come in a set that builds a particular thing, like a bulldozer. They have special Legos for certain things like wheels or whatever. In my day, you just got a set. You had to use your imagination. I think they missed the point.

I did have a Stingray bike. Didn't really consider it a toy.

Lagos was it for me. Now a days, Legos come in a set that builds a particular thing, like a bulldozer. They have special Legos for certain things like wheels or whatever. In my day, you just got a set. You had to use your imagination. I think they missed the point.

I did have a Stingray bike. Didn't really consider it a toy.

So your saying my kid is doing it right? We got given a lot if very organized lego set by a family friend. And while my wife has insisted that a few of the nicer ones stay together. We have a huge set of legos and he makes whatever the fuck he wants. Usually its a giant block of sorts with wheels wings and guns. Lots of guns, and occasionally lasers.

I was a farm kid, so something along this line, Its all packed away somewhere in my parents house now

88375482104758mhes.jpg

Loved to build model cars with real glue,not the snap together ones today.Along with the little bottles of Testors paint.

s-l300.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

Could explain some of my current mental issues:laughing:

Anyone ever have one of these?

i had one, and I remember making my grandmother furious with it.

it would shoot a baseball size blast of air a pretty good distance, I’d hide and hit her with the “air ball” when she least expected it.

F7C6A9C1-BADC-4403-9506-652649081839.jpeg

I'd say the pocket fisherman was my most anticipated.....Although I have no Idea why. :laughing:

s-l640.jpg

Anybody recognize this.?

It was one of my most anticipated toys ever.
I also loved me some HotWheels, I had all of the originals and wish I still had them.

regardless of your current age, what was your favorite toy as a kid?

You should remember this one too. My older brothers had it and it became mine as they lost interest. :laughing:

Anyone ever have one of these?

i had one, and I remember making my grandmother furious with it.

it would shoot a baseball size blast of air a pretty good distance, I’d hide and hit her with the “air ball” when she least expected it.

I had one 😉

I'd say the pocket fisherman was my most anticipated.....Although I have no Idea why. :laughing:

I had the Zebco version, blue and white. Caught many a Bluegill with that thing, also ripped the guts out of many to throw them back.... hey it was the 70s.

I had one of these when I was about 8, has some matches, a cable for a saw, fishing stuff, whetstone, compass in the handle...

3230.jpg

big wheel

used to wear the front wheel out - still remember my pops trying to find a heavy duty one...

Also remember going with him to test tv tubes at the Gemco.....

Legos, Erector Sets, plastic model kits (airplanes & tanks), Hotwheels, Matchbox cars. and Estes Rockets were my regular toys.

I had a orange crate when I was 10, and one of those things you pour the goo in and it makes a worm or creature.

That was 50 years ago.

There is one of those at the South Chico NAPA APS.

“BMX” wasn’t a thing when I was a kid, but I did want and eventually get one of these, mine was green and called the Pea Picker.
you should see what originals are selling for.

My mom had a thing against toys, because they messed up the house. So, what toys i had were things i bought. Mostly matchbox and hot wheels. My mom kept them until she died four years ago. Of course, my lovely sister said that they were mostly hers, and kept them.

When I was a kid I loved Hot wheels and Matchbox toy cars and trucks and Ertl tractors and heavy equipment and Tonka trucks. Luckily I still have them and have been giving them to my son and daughter. I also remeber a toy carpenter tools set I got when I was a kid it was from Toys R Us it was in a wooden fold out box all the tools were real And metal including a hand saw they were all just little kids size. I also remember a little electric tool Set I had that ran on a powerbox with a bunch of d batteries. It had a sander a table jigsaw a drill a planer and i dont know what else but it came with a bunch of little 3x5x 1/8 thick balsa wood pieces you could build things from.

My number 1 favorite toy from being a kid was my 1986 Honda Fourtrax ATV. It was the same year as me and I got it when I was 7 or 8. I bet I put 10000 miles on that thing riding all over the ranch. It had no suspension at all but it had electric start and reverse which was a luxury.

This is just an Internet picture If I ever find the poloroid of me on it the first day I had it I would post up.
$_80.jpg

Mom sold it in a yard sale, but I had the whole big Voltron.

cc012f2fef163c231e4370bdc6d8d471.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	cc012f2fef163c231e4370bdc6d8d471.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	25890

Edited to put a picture of the original figure up, had a picture of a newer knock-off.

Last edited:

Dad had one of those, would always take it moose hunting. I borrowed it one day and hoooooooly crap did I tangle it.

My favourite 'toy' was the 2hp Briggs and Stratton powered minibike I got for christmas when I was 8. Mum made me a "heck's angels" cut, and I spent hours upon hours riding around the neighbourhood on it.

My dad's saw, hammer & nails. For some reason I liked to build things out of scrap wood. Even though I was learning, I made lopsided projects. One was a rabbit cage, another was a tree house/fort. I lost interest anyway-

I had the Zebco version, blue and white. Caught many a Bluegill with that thing, also ripped the guts out of many to throw them back.... hey it was the 70s.

I had one of these when I was about 8, has some matches, a cable for a saw, fishing stuff, whetstone, compass in the handle...

3230.jpg

I still have 2 of these

Before Nintendo hit the scene I was into building stuff. Lego mainly but had other kinds. Capsela, Construx, and Robotix too. My mom kept an old train case that had a lot of my old Legos in it. I gave it to my first kid to play with. I recently went through and found I had a lot of the old pieces to make one the Knights set. That was pretty cool to see the old set back together. I'm missing a lot of pieces for the spaceship I had but thanks to Bricklink you can buy a lot of the old parts.

Meccano. Spent many an hour building stuff. Had lego as well, no kits, just lego as my cousin had a summer job at the Lego plant when they still made them in Canada, employees could buy for discounts randomn bags of whatever was deemed left overs.
meccano.jpg

Top Back Refresh