What's new
  • If you don't frequent the chat forum, make sure you read this post regarding land usage. It would be great if we could get everybody to send a comment in before Oct 7th!

From our youth.......

Pmedic920

The ‘Stache
Member Number
Loc
On the lake, Livingston Tx.
Anybody recognize this.?

It was one of my most anticipated toys ever.
I also loved me some HotWheels, I had all of the originals and wish I still had them.

regardless of your current age, what was your favorite toy as a kid?

5FDD7260-D5A2-4F85-9721-E6F55F78A7EC.jpeg

M92PV4U

Tach'dout
CAL4
Member Number
Loc
D.p. Ca.
My dad taught us gun safety as soon as we could pull the trigger. We always wore safety or plastic sunglasses and I have had a ricochet hit my safety glasses and leave a dent in them.

Pmedic920

The ‘Stache
Member Number
Loc
My dad taught us gun safety as soon as we could pull the trigger. We always wore safety or plastic sunglasses and I have had a ricochet hit my safety glasses and leave a dent in them.
I was only attempting humor, comment wasn’t intended as any kind of put down, or anti gun sentiment.
have you seen the movie?

M92PV4U

Tach'dout
CAL4
Member Number
Loc
D.p. Ca.
I was only attempting humor, comment wasn’t intended as any kind of put down, or anti gun sentiment.
have you seen the movie?

I knew that you weren't putting me down. I have seen the movie. It was always hard to believe a bb could ricochet and hit me in the eye until it happened.

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
I REALLY wanted a hatchet for my 5th birthday, after my mom decided that probably wasn't the greatest idea, I got a bb gun. I used the shit out of it, but I was always more into shit with wheels. I was freaking obsessed with BMX as a kid. I need to get another bike. I had a nice simple single speed hard tail that I used ride with my oldest son. Haven't replaced it yet.

​​​

Pmedic920

The ‘Stache
Member Number
Loc
I REALLY wanted a hatchet for my 5th birthday, after my mom decided that probably wasn't the greatest idea, I got a bb gun. I used the shit out of it, but I was always more into shit with wheels. I was freaking obsessed with BMX as a kid. I need to get another bike. I had a nice simple single speed hard tail that I used ride with my oldest son. Haven't replaced it yet.

​​​

“BMX” wasn’t a thing when I was a kid, but I did want and eventually get one of these, mine was green and called the Pea Picker.
you should see what originals are selling for.

262B343E-4C95-4DDA-872C-914D0D058969.jpeg

FlexyTJ

Racing Slipper Enthusiast
Member Number
Loc
Tha Dirty T
I also loved me some HotWheels, I had all of the originals and wish I still had them.

I still have most of my hot wheels :emb:They are in a box and haven't been unpacked in years. I keep thinking I'm going to build some kind of display case for some of the cooler ones but it never happens.

HO train set- my dad and I built a pretty neat table/setup we added to over the years. No pics :/

Pmedic920

The ‘Stache
Member Number
Loc
I still have most of my hot wheels :emb:They are in a box and haven't been unpacked in years. I keep thinking I'm going to build some kind of display case for some of the cooler ones but it never happens.

HO train set- my dad and I built a pretty neat table/setup we added to over the years. No pics :/

actually there are some very reasonable cases available for purchase..
show you HotWheels some love and get them displayed.
Some are quite valuable on the collector’s market

vetteboy79

It's bent. #ttb
Member Number
Loc
Morganville, NJ
I had this set called Gearopolis:

discovery-toys-gearopolis-advanced_1_5c0cdc1f76fc255d52ee0068b4dd2225.jpg

You built a framework, and then could put gears of all different styles and sizes on it, connect them in different ways (straight, bevel, belt/chain, eccentric rod, etc). I learned all about gear ratios, stacking multiple reduction (or increasing) sets, building the fastest output set I possibly could, and then the slowest (and learning that when you try to block that slow gear with something, shit breaks)...

No surprise that I've also been into automotive stuff ever since, went to school for mechanical engineering, and ended up working for an industrial gearbox manufacturer and power transmission company for almost 14 years.

Every now and then I'll check eBay to see if a set pops up, I'd love to give one to my nephew in a few years, mostly because I'd enjoy helping him to learn from it and I'd like to play with it again :)

Last edited:

projectdad

1 armed, paper hanger.
Member Number
Loc
40°10′23″N 84°58′39″W

​​​

There's some really cool, good quality 24", 26"& 29" sized modern and retro BMX bikes being made nowadays, it'd be a badass hardtail cruiser IMHO,

dave_dj1

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Jackson NY
We had Matchbox cars, Popsicle sticks and a spoon to dig with. Then we had Hot Wheels and the big orange track,then we moved on to slot car racing, 4 lanes of it! Then we had mini bikes, go carts and an old motorcycle, then we found girls......

woods

I can fuck up literally anything.
Member Number

Got one in the closet by the front door. Wife uses it to annoy the squirrels. :D

Mine would be,

PY-226_Crosman-2100B-Air-Rifle_1509128333.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	PY-226_Crosman-2100B-Air-Rifle_1509128333.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	22796

TiTRD

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Wilmington, VT
GT Performer

Also had a red rider and did get a ricochet of the bottom of a coke can to the nose :laughing:

gt_1_copy6_lg.jpg

woods

I can fuck up literally anything.
Member Number
Aurora AFX slot cars. ho trains
and evil kenevil stunt set.

Still have my HO trains. Grampa was an engineer for a railroad and had a giant set. I inherited them. I have four shipping crates of trains. Probably close to 10,000.

rugger

TheOrginalMiataGuy
Member Number
Loc
Roanoke, VA
Anybody recognize this.?

It was one of my most anticipated toys ever.

I forgot all about that. I had one of those. :smokin:

Favorite toys - hmmmm, I loved my bikes. They made me mobile and still provided transportation when I was grounded from my 3-wheeler. :laughing:
I loved Lincoln logs when I was young. We also had a huge plastic brick set. I liked building with them. My parents weren't big on buying a bunch of stuff. So, the stuff I inherited from my brothers I liked. The 3-wheeler was the first big and only big thing that we ever got. I wore the dang tires off of it several times.

rockdog57

Getto fab garage owner
Member Number
Loc
Lindon, Utah
You spoiled bastards. We nailed an old skate to a board to make a skateboard. That’s how we had to roll as kids.:stirthepot:

Action Fab

Get off my lawn
Member Number
“BMX” wasn’t a thing when I was a kid, but I did want and eventually get one of these, mine was green and called the Pea Picker.
you should see what originals are selling for.

I have my dad's orange crate.

Legos and hot wheels were my go to toys. I did a lot of drawing, and painting too. By middle school I had gotten into skateboarding and dirt bikes.

Last edited:

Pmedic920

The ‘Stache
Member Number
Loc
I have my dad's orange crate.

Legos and hot wheels were my go to toys. I did a lot of drawing, and painting too. By middle school I had gotten into skateboarding and dirt bikes.

Go look on eBay, those things are listed for insane prices. Especially if they are in good original condition. Parts bikes are high too.
I’m not suggesting you sell yours, I’m suggesting you take care of it, maybe restore it.
mine as a kid was the green pea picker, think I saw one of those listed over 3k.

I have absolutely no idea what ever happened to mine.
we moved a lot when I was a kid, and I bounced between my mom and Grandparents a few times, I’m sure my mother probably tossed it at some point.