What's new

French Tickler Buggy

Ok, no paint poll then. :flipoff2:

What brand are those USB ports you're using? Does the top screw on?

I'd consider painting it if someone sponsors the process. Hence why it'll never happen.

CNLINKO 3.0 USB bulkhead connector.

Top screws on.

They also make a waterpoof cable to go on it if needed.

Drove it around AOP on Sunday.

Caught a lucky bounce up 46

Then one shot Gatekeeper and made my way up Mouthwash half way quickly. I love 2nd gear !

617229-AF-12-C7-450-E-ABAA-E6-C24-F7513-CA.jpg

F1240-F27-8-B75-4-CEA-BBA7-DC295-FE4-F76-B.jpg

Belt tensioner spring feels really weak. This let the belt rub on the rad hose. Engine started misfiring at high RPM and pushing coolant out of the overflow.

I loaded up, let it cool down, put a new, shorter belt on and took it for a drive. Neither problems could be reproduced.

I'm going to Windrock like that and hoping it's going to do good.

Clean up day at Tackett Creek this Saturday with the FlexRocks and Rollovers team.
Unreal the amount of shit people toss on the trail. Truly sickening.

F0CE4A1C-A062-429D-8683-C137F52FA0CB.jpg

EC37B6C1-B180-45A8-A0F4-0CA092D65F75.jpeg

Bent the light bar a few rides ago. Had to drive out of Tackett Creek with no light which was a lil sketch.

Removed it and swapped it for some pods. As much as I loved the big bar and the look it gave the buggy, it also turned me into “that asshole” every time I’d turn it on and blind everybody around.

I’m hoping the pods will be more protected and the light output will be enough for what we do around here.

Everything is done with half decent wire and Deutsch connectors as usual.

DD12ACD8-59B5-485D-9E61-93C81D06C9CC.jpeg

6E82744F-E548-41B7-A552-9654FCC96321.jpeg

i mounted a pair of 2 inch lights on my axle housing to provide that tiny bit of light up close to the rocks and it helps the spotter not be blinded by the bigger lights.

i mounted a pair of 2 inch lights on my axle housing to provide that tiny bit of light up close to the rocks and it helps the spotter not be blinded by the bigger lights.

That's a cool idea. I thought about adding some pods to the high steer arms to get the directional feature. I didn't because of the added complexity and the very seldom times when I ride at night. I think it happened once this year and it was because some external factor forced us to stay longer on the trail.

I usually ride fast. No rockcrawling and can't recall one time where I had to get spotted. Just not what I do.

That's a cool idea. I thought about adding some pods to the high steer arms to get the directional feature. I didn't because of the added complexity and the very seldom times when I ride at night. I think it happened once this year and it was because some external factor forced us to stay longer on the trail.

I usually ride fast. No rockcrawling and can't recall one time where I had to get spotted. Just not what I do.
too funny

just not what i do. i love it.... :)

Dang! Ain't clean ups fun though, neher bin taw one that wernt. Always good folks n better vittles afterwards.Good to hear yer out ripping the ticklr .

Bent the subframe of it too.
Looking into what I can do to make is stronger.

I may tear it down this winter if I can find the time / money to fix it.

Looking into cutting up an old 14k trailer and using the 8" channel from the frame as reinforcement :smokin:

Way excessive my injunear friend, good gawd yer trailer house hawler never hit 3rd gear gittin outta Bama with that kinda weight.
3" heavy channel with c pointed up slidy side down with a few chunks o tube fer support should take bottom outd landings and still be sorta slippery when needed, if not glue sum fukn Teflon slider shit on .
Fangers!

I am what you'd call a shitty driver. And I have a heavy foot.

The subframe has quite a bit of platework, but it isn't boxed. The whole thing took a big hit and bent the skid plate and the subframe itself. I'm scared to remove the skid plate now and not being able to put it back on.

I'm sure the subframe would be great for a normal driver that has some mechanical sympathy, but I like to run into things and not lift.

Last edited:
I am what you'd call a shitty driver. And I have a heavy foot.

The subframe has quite a bit of platework, but it isn't boxed. The whole thing took a big hit and bent the skid plate and the subframe itself. I'm scared to remove the skid plate now and not being able to put it back on.

I'm sure the subframe would be great for a normal driver that has some mechanical sympathy, but I like to run into things and not lift.
i am liking your driving style more and more :)

Harlan this weekend.

I heard stories about people going left at the rock in Lion's Den but never even seen it attempted. So I did.
Gave it hell, neutral dropped it in hopes to wheelie up the damn thing but to no avail.
I caved in the rocker and it prevented me from moving forward. Sad.

78D61FD0-F4DF-4A14-9484-34CA1D2E29BD.jpeg
\

8422E7AD-C28E-40E5-B5E7-D4C229BD3B56.jpeg

B7D5B554-A8B2-41CC-AAC6-09A1238F751C.jpeg

DF38310A-D8F8-42AD-98F6-917819E385B2.jpeg

AC1B9161-590B-4F70-A34C-90311E90D9FB.png

D058C2AB-A18A-4EAB-B48A-276731EB41C3.jpeg

So I went the normal route, but all the way up the rock.

13A59B79-1B52-4DDF-8762-131B1AFBE26E.jpeg

I've only seen one guy go up the right line on Mason Jar. So I had to try too.
Didn't make it up, the steering was hitting :(
So I front dug my way around and started over.
Tires never left the ground. She's got long legs.

6CDE23B1-4A25-4448-A4D6-CAEB0F2082E8.jpeg

798DD72A-8F40-434D-92C8-DE8DA5A6651F.png

6B9ECFFB-2661-4F03-A8FC-15B6320FAA76.jpeg

Last edited:
chaplinfj60 the 2 pods suck ass. Can't wait to put a decent light bar back on.

I had it to 81mph on main headed towards Evarts at some point. The 43s aren't really good for this exercise, lil wobbly. Fun times.

She got warmish after a long beatdown section.

1E0D4A35-3EC0-459F-9013-A93951DF3C73.jpeg

81 mph with the pods at night i bet they sucked. they are good flood lights at best. hahahaahaha
Not at night. But I wouldn't want to do anything other than rock stacking manually in front of the rig with these things.

Too far away, too close of a date, unfortunately.

I've got a few friends who really want to go to Rugged Mountain Ranch so I may tag along an hit Disney on the way but that trip isn't planned yet.

Top Back Refresh