What's new

FORScan tricks and hacks

DMG

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I just had my junkyard send me the part that goes in the dash for the built in trailer brake controller on my 2018 F150. All the wiring, the rear plug and receiver were there. I downloaded FORScan and enabled it in the IPC module. I am kind of amazed at how easy it was.

So what are some other cool tricks with FORScan? Can I enable remote start? Nav?

I just downloaded Forscan and ordered the adapter for my 09 F250
I'm a total newb so any info is good for me
First thing I want to do besides run diagnostics for the VVT solenoids is to lower the tire pressure monitors. No need for me to run them at 80 psi

Reactions: DMG
I don't know about that, but at one time you could request a license to program new keys.

Is that still the case?

Also you can program new injectors on the 6.7 engines. that is pretty cool.

You can change shit like how the lights/fogs interact, chime settings, stereo settings, etc. Pretty powerful tool in these trucks.

I think you can activate remote start, but you need the actual remote start keys for it to function. The APIM/radio is different for Nav vs non-nav units.

Last edited:
I think this is correct:

do you think I could enable the key pad door handle I installed recently? the code appears to be on the BCM behind the rear seat.. its all plugged in just doesn't work. don't want to go to ford to get it turned on :shaking:

do you think I could enable the key pad door handle I installed recently? the code appears to be on the BCM behind the rear seat.. its all plugged in just doesn't work. don't want to go to ford to get it turned on :shaking:
Probably. I would check the forscan forums, it has been covered there but without knowing year and model it is hard to tell. Will it lock then you push the 2 bottom keys simultaneously?

Probably. I would check the forscan forums, it has been covered there but without knowing year and model it is hard to tell. Will it lock then you push the 2 bottom keys simultaneously?
04 f150. and no.. does not light up, will not lock doors.

I just had my junkyard send me the part that goes in the dash for the built in trailer brake controller on my 2018 F150. All the wiring, the rear plug and receiver were there. I downloaded FORScan and enabled it in the IPC module. I am kind of amazed at how easy it was.

So what are some other cool tricks with FORScan? Can I enable remote start? Nav?
Does your truck have Fordpass?

Can remote start off that too.

The Ford Trucks forum has excel spread sheets with all the different known changes you can make to each year range / model

I've used it on my F250's to do a few things, it's nice

The Ford Trucks forum has excel spread sheets with all the different known changes you can make to each year range / model

I've used it on my F250's to do a few things, it's nice
Could we get a link?

Here's the spreadsheets for 2015-2020 F150 and 2008-2022 Super Duty all broken out by year range

Any one know the possibility of altering oil pressure control solenoid programing? 5.0 f150 but pretty sure most new fords have the
Specifically to stop lowering of oil pressure at hot idle for “efficiency” purposes? Seems this exposes barely weak vct solenoids causing rough idle/stall.

Any one know the possibility of altering oil pressure control solenoid programing? 5.0 f150 but pretty sure most new fords have the
Specifically to stop lowering of oil pressure at hot idle for “efficiency” purposes? Seems this exposes barely weak vct solenoids causing rough idle/stall.
Betcha the solenoid fails closed. Have you tried unplugging it? :flipoff2:

IIRC that is one of the things the Oz Omega tune does. I have not found a way to do it with Forscan but it would be great if you could

It don't do much for the pre 2011 trucks, in 2011+ you can change tons of shit.

Can't really change squat on my 2011 Fusion either.

It can run diagnostic tests similar to what high $ scan tools can do.

Ok so adapters.

Is there an advantage to a USB cable vs bluetooth adapters?

So far I have been doing everything over bluetooth.

Thinking about getting a cable and installing on laptop instead of using my phone.

But windows laptop or android tablet?

Ok so adapters.

Is there an advantage to a USB cable vs bluetooth adapters?

So far I have been doing everything over bluetooth.

Thinking about getting a cable and installing on laptop instead of using my phone.

But windows laptop or android tablet?
I use a cable adapter and laptop but I would like to be able to do it with a tablet

I ended up with cable for windows.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...in_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#productDetails

From what I was reading this morning it is the most rock solid setup as far as speed, information and writing errors.

I too would like it on a tablet, but really my bluetooth would do that. Just not sure it has the same functionality. Could not find proof anywhere that you can do the same with bluetooth as over cable.

I use Bluetooth over laptop never had an issue. The tablet and phone version doesn't have as much capability as the desktop.

Top Back Refresh