What's new

FNLC 4/26

On my 4x4 clubs 32nd annual April trip. It's fucking DUMPING wet snow right now, so I am sitting in my truck warming up and cruising Irate.

1000018595.jpg

In.

We got up early figuring we would get the groceries and Costco etc. out of the way so we could get home with time to get some other stuff done, I get a text saying new glasses are ready so we pick them up. Well it just so happens we have to pass by our fave steak house so we figure a little lunch is in order.

Well the best laid plans and all...

We ended up enjoying a bottle of wine followed by bloody marys then finished it all off with Margaritas, oh yea had some steak and taters too but brought most of the meal home.:laughing: We were both too lazy to do anything when we got home so it's been cigars, Corona's and an early rack time so we can get up early enough to get some stuff done tomorrow.

I've been picking up farm kids on the skool bus for the last week, I spied a beautiful '80 Toyota Xtra cab sitting all alone in a field, weeds growing up all around it. I might take a run out there in a day or two just so the owner can tell me it ain't for sale.:laughing:

In.
Painted a wall, went to kid sports, sprayed weeds before it rained (second time), and started wiring up the in cab wind control improvements. I can’t seem to figure out in cab 12 volt positive, or I’m doing it wrong. I tried tapping into the cigarette lighter and it’s not giving me 12 volts to the switch with the key on. Green to green. Black to black. I’m actually not sure if the plug was connected to the winch now that I think about it, but I’d expect the switch to show voltage when tested.

I’m following the old advice from the old pirate write up.

In. Work was a shit show, but I'm glad it's Friday so my week is over. This weekend is just going to consist of doing chores around the house.
Have you been promoted yet? It’s been at least 12 months so you’re due.

In.
Painted a wall, went to kid sports, sprayed weeds before it rained (second time), and started wiring up the in cab wind control improvements. I can’t seem to figure out in cab 12 volt positive, or I’m doing it wrong. I tried tapping into the cigarette lighter and it’s not giving me 12 volts to the switch with the key on. Green to green. Black to black. I’m actually not sure if the plug was connected to the winch now that I think about it, but I’d expect the switch to show voltage when tested.

I’m following the old advice from the old pirate write up.

Mine's not that pretty, but I can take some picks tomorrow if you remind me.

Mine is two switches, one in/out, and the second a momentary to engage it and as soon as you let it go it's off.

EDIT: Dated 2009. Other than pulling out bushes, don't think it's ever been hooked to another rig:laughing:

17141861693911677836413053422133.jpg

Last edited:
Finally in.

Worked some overtime (06-1800) because one of the kids at work had something better to do than work her shift :shaking:

Friday’s are “Steak night” with Mrs dad. Since I had to work OT Mrs had to forage for dinner. She hit our local farmers market and hit the jackpot! Everything we ate tonight was grown/raised local :grinpimp:

976A490B-238A-4939-B8DF-D242A4951629.jpeg

Now it’s time for rum :homer:

I think I’ll go get some veggie garden plants tomorrow :grinpimp:

In

Sitting in a hotel In BFE watching the tv buffer a movie.

There was 6 drunk guys wrestling in the back parking lot.. so that was entertaining.

There’s some kind of mechanical equipment running that is rattling the whole building.

On my 4x4 clubs 32nd annual April trip. It's fucking DUMPING wet snow right now, so I am sitting in my truck warming up and cruising Irate.

1000018595.jpg
Ha

Was 81 at my house today

I had a meeting and training class this morning and then been painting my house this afternoon .

Wife went to see a play musical at the high school because she knows some of the kids in it from church , I stayed home at watched tv .

I’m replacing the 16x7 door on the house as well. The current door is a white insulated door with windows, that I’m going to try to sell. It’s 7 years old and great shape.

It’s just too white.

Interested? The new door is 4-8 weeks out.

Replacement door is $3k, I’m going to ask $750 for the used door, complete.
They got this new thing called ,,,,, paint .

I think that’s what it’s called .

Mine's not that pretty, but I can take some picks tomorrow if you remind me.

Mine is two switches, one in/out, and the second a momentary to engage it and as soon as you let it go it's off.

EDIT: Dated 2009. Other than pulling out bushes, don't think it's ever been hooked to another rig:laughing:

17141861693911677836413053422133.jpg
I think I found the (running) problem. I hate electrical.

IMG_2111.jpeg

Edit: and to think I wired up about four Shelly Wi-Fi/bluetooth relays this week so I can control my garage and random lights from my phone, and conveniently my truck, just to have a fuse cause me a “what the fuck?” moment. At least I wasn’t pissed off about it.

I’m pretty sure it’s wired the same.
Green to green.
Brown to black.
IMG_2109.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I found the (running) problem. I hate electrical.

IMG_2111.jpeg

Edit: and to think I wired up about four Shelly Wi-Fi/bluetooth relays this week so I can control my garage and random lights from my phone, and conveniently my truck, just to have a fuse cause me a “what the fuck?” moment. At least I wasn’t pissed off about it.

I’m pretty sure it’s wired the same.
Green to green.
Brown to black.
IMG_2109.jpeg
Yeah, stupid shit stops you dead in your tracks sometimes. I have the I'm frustrated, walk away moments all the time. If I can't figure it out with a fresh head a day or two later, It's time for help.

Yeah, stupid shit stops you dead in your tracks sometimes. I have the I'm frustrated, walk away moments all the time. If I can't figure it out with a fresh head a day or two later, It's time for help.
At least it blew in my garage because I’m a loser doing Jeep stuff instead of wheeling. 🤣

Back in. Eventful night, delicious pork aside.

I heard a SxS rip around the corner and dump over. The driver's 7yo daughter had her arm pinned under the frame in a pretty good size pool of blood. A few neighbors and I flipped it back over after I verified we wouldn't make things worse. Her upper arm was 75%+ severed (bone and muscle) but not bleeding from the artery from what I could tell (welling up fast seemingly from below, not shooting). Neighbor kid held her steady while I TQ'ed her up and she stopped leaking right away. FD said it was good work, so I can vouch for how easy those things are to deploy when you've never done it before. Seriously, those things almost apply themselves.

CHP showed up and was as unhappy with the guy driving his SxS on the streets as the guy was with being caught doing it. The officer took my number and cut me loose after a few questions.

I'm gonna go dig out another TQ for my bag. To those so inclined, please pray for the little girl and her family. Thanks.

welded a bandsaw blade today
I think I'm gonna braze the next one because it didn't turn out great, burnt a 1/4" gap in the teeth which ain't gonna do great on a 24t blade
Silver solder, 56% is your friend here.

In. Work was a shit show, but I'm glad it's Friday so my week is over. This weekend is just going to consist of doing chores around the house.
Have you been promoted yet? It’s been at least 12 months so you’re due.
My boss just got promoted, so his spot (general manager of the facility) is open now. They have to wait 2 weeks to see who all applies, then do interviews. I've been told by my district manager the job is probably mine but we will see.

Top Back Refresh