What's new

FNLC 4/26

In. Cooking dinner for a buddy who just had a kid. Probably spend the rest of the night looking for a crawler with 5 seats and 40s
I'll take the 2nd one :flipoff2:

In. Finally got a water main pressure test to pass after 3 days of chasing air and slow leaks at valves that weren't tight enough. Lesson learned on these newer valves. They need to be motherfawken cranked tight. Had a clean CT scan this morning 10 months after chemo. A few beers and probably fall asleep right when she wants it :laughing:. Long ass day getting up at 4am drinking the scan juice. Shits disgusting.

2 Days down two days to go, at the southern gentleman’s side by side competition and expo Sanford NC. bored and slow as fuck.

Plenty of other peoples dogs to keep me busy though.

Like this one.
IMG_7049.jpeg

He will approach me & wait for pet. Once he gets one pet he runs off to grab a pinecone and then drops it at my feet.

Found a rust free, super cab ranger roller to receive the low mileage drivetrain from that rotten POS I picked up last week.
My son will be there tomorrow.
I couldn't make it down there this year.
Planning on being there next year.

Got out of work early.
Got the last tractor running, just put the battery in and started right up. Cannot kill old 8n's.
Disced the field to get ready for planting.

Picked up a 1942 ithaca 20 ga side x side, in good condition.

Have 30 quail eggs ready to hatch tonight / tomorrow.

White-Rino sorry for your loss.

In
Started to fix breakfast this morning nephew called me he was under a load in Georgia headed for TX talked for 2 hours, he was joking that he has a camera hidden in my place, because everytime he calls me in the morning I am fixing breakfast, eating or have just finished. Since I don't have anyplace I have to be in the morning, I don't get in a rush.
I had just my late dinner put on the table when my sister called, then one of my cousins called to give me the run down on his cancer treatments!
Dropped retainer off to the lawyer this week, signed a bunch of papers to get mom's will taken care of, and the land into my name.
Talked to my cousin in Portales, tree guy gave him a $7,500 to $15,000 quote to take down all the dead elm trees at my grandparents place looks like I'm buying a chainsaw and renting a boom lift.
Off to finish watching Ian Rousel's latest 38 caddy build video

white-rhino my condolences.

In. BBQed burgers and dogs for 400 plus people at work Wednesday and still had leftover tomatoes and onions, so brought them home and am now making pasta sauce for the folks that helped do all the prep and serving.

WIfe got a tick in her leg yesterday and is having a shitty reaction, so probably going to take a ni-ni gummy with her and crash early.

Did see Michael Savage as I was walking into the store a bit ago as I was walking out. Didn't strike up a conversation with him this time. He's a quircky little man when someone recognizes him. I'm sure he's on high alert with all the Jew hating going on right now.

In.

Enjoying the rain and watching footage of the 'animals' going through the yard on the recently moved video camera; fox, skunk, my barn cats.

I'm getting ready to finish up some bracketry for the snow plow. Got to get the rig ready for next year... this time:shaking::homer: That work will tie up most of the weekend. I decided to be a lazy bastard on the other house.

In. Enjoying a cold Coors Banquet while I listen to the rain hit the roof that has no shingles. Removed 59,000 lbs of concrete roof tiles last week. Gettin some new architectural composite shingles installed tomorrow. Structural repairs happened this week, so we should have a decent house by this time Sunday!

Attachments

• IMG_5384.jpeg
    IMG_5384.jpeg
    433.4 KB · Views: 1
In.

Enjoying the rain and watching footage of the 'animals' going through the yard on the recently moved video camera; fox, skunk, my barn cats.

I'm getting ready to finish up some bracketry for the snow plow. Got to get the rig ready for next year... this time:shaking::homer: That work will tie up most of the weekend. I decided to be a lazy bastard on the other house.
Are you getting the thunder and lightning? We didn't get shit here in the bay, but wind that blew some angry looking clouds overhead.

Haven't checking in to the LC for a while.

Was planning on heading down to Tucson fr a week and wheel (WHAT??) with a friend of mine next week.
We were going to leave tomorrow morning, but the weather bitches say the appocolipse is coming.
So cranked out some work in the home office.
De winterizer the MH in a hurry and left Dodge before the storm hit.
In Raton NM right now, the misses is cooking dinner. I'm fucking off on the internet.
Both of us have a drink in our hand.
Not too bad.

Left work a little early today - 0930.

Got a new door on the shop. Put wheels on the new gates.

Door guy was cool, simple install, it looks like a good gig.

Haven’t had a working door in over 2 years, just been leaving it open. Wind took out my gates so had to be able to close the door.

Amazing how much shit I have in the shop and behind the shop so gutting some areas and loading for the dump. Filled the bed of my truck in a half hour, not even close to done.
IMG_4426.jpeg

Are you getting the thunder and lightning? We didn't get shit here in the bay, but wind that blew some angry looking clouds overhead.
I was down the hill most of the day(~15 miles away) and just got sprinkles.

My wife says we got thunder and heavy rain at times. I like the rain, thunder, and lightning except if I was going to be out in it:emb: So good thing not where I was at.

In. Went kayaking after work. I need to figure out what is going on with my right shoulder. The last few trips it has been sore. While taking a shower afterwards and thinking about anti squat and portals like one does, I realized a few things. Probably gonna add two more posts to the link bible tonight. One on why anti squat make the ride rough and one on optimizing portal ratios.

Jeep Beach is going on this weekend. I plan to go to the speed way and walk around tomorrow. Maybe General Tire's reps will lie to me again. Hopefully there are some decent older vender rigs this year. Last year was a disappointment. J_Us with superduty axles, LSs, and 40s are so bland compared to a mild YJ with a surfboard tossed in the back. Gonna be tomato red with sun burn by the end of the day.

In until the pork is done crockpotting.

Garden shears lost a pressed-in pivot pin. Fiskars just emailed me back after a month or so and offered a discount that would have me paying what a new set of shears would cost at Lowe's after paying to mail this set, paying to ship the new ones, etc. I made a pin (using a hex key, drill press, bastard file and Dremel), yammered it home and ran green Loctite in to help me feel like I knew what I was doing. Tests well, hope it holds up.

"That's not going anywhere."
1714180999643.png

Edit: Very sorry about your dad white-rhino . Will be praying for you and the family.

Last edited:
they ain't hard to fix
Two panels are kinked and torn. I'm first going to try and braze them up and add some kind of brace to them. I've already had the panels completely apart and back together to get it to open and close half way using a C clamp as a stop on the drive track.

Two panels are kinked and torn. I'm first going to try and braze them up and add some kind of brace to them. I've already had the panels completely apart and back together to get it to open and close half way using a C clamp as a stop on the drive track.
watch on craigslist for free used doors and put the panels up using your tracks and such
I've gotten enough of them that the panels are really nice siding/walls on some sheds, 16x8 covers a bunch of wall in a hurry

watch on craigslist for free used doors and put the panels up using your tracks and such
I've gotten enough of them that the panels are really nice siding/walls on some sheds, 16x8 covers a bunch of wall in a hurry
I was thinking about craigslist, but whenever I look I get distracted :laughing:.

Are they aluminum panels? or steel?

Edit, and gummies kicked in, Showed the wife my dick and she broke out into hysterical laughter. Followed up with "it's not small, it's just funny".:shaking:

I’m replacing the 16x7 door on the house as well. The current door is a white insulated door with windows, that I’m going to try to sell. It’s 7 years old and great shape.

It’s just too white.

Interested? The new door is 4-8 weeks out.

Replacement door is $3k, I’m going to ask $750 for the used door, complete.

I’m replacing the 16x7 door on the house as well. The current door is a white insulated door with windows, that I’m going to try to sell. It’s 7 years old and great shape.

It’s just too white.

Interested? The new door is 4-8 weeks out.

Replacement door is $3k, I’m going to ask $750 for the used door, complete.
He works for a family business, that's like a weeks pay:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh