What's new

Floor Jacks

Meeke

Member Number
Wanting to buy a new floor jack. Which ones of the China Freight ones are supposed to be good? Any other suggestions?

I've had harbor freight and big red ones. All pretty close. The big red seemed to be built better, but that also made it heavier. The HF ones come with a bit more thought like foam on the handles.

Minus the lift capacity the HF aluminium ones are pretty nice if you have to move them around much.

Same here. Got a yellow daytona and I love it.

I used a coupon from https://www.hfqpdb.com/ to get it a little bit cheaper.

I've got a friend with a $800 Snap-On one and they're absolutely identical (they sued HF about it and lost).

I rock the heavy black one from HF for the last 10 years or so - highly recommend, lifts anything easily.

I recently bought the alum one and while it is nice and light I used it to lift the front of my full sized car yesterday and was surprised to see it struggling to lift it.

I rock the heavy black one from HF for the last 10 years or so - highly recommend, lifts anything easily.

I recently bought the alum one and while it is nice and light I used it to lift the front of my full sized car yesterday and was surprised to see it struggling to lift it.

Which HF aluminum jack? The 2.5 ton one I have is a beast. Lifts my F550 service truck front end with no issue at all.

I've got three different size HF aluminum jacks, they are pretty awesome for the price.

Had one die a few years back, they replaced it under the extended warranty.

When my 30+ yo jap jack that replaced a lincoln dies a year ago I got an aluminum hazzard frought (the big one) mostly light use but it h8's my 9k utili truck, but so far its ok.

Which HF aluminum jack? The 2.5 ton one I have is a beast. Lifts my F550 service truck front end with no issue at all.

Not sure, I just put it away.

It struggled to lift the front of a GS300 so I know for sure it would not lift your 550.

My other one used to lift my F350 no problems.

**Edit**

This would explain it as this is the one I have

64545_W3.jpg

X5. Blue version of the Yellow Daytona. Awesome jack!

X8 for the Yellow Dayton use the coupon for $180, bought one when my old Napa jack died. Think I'm going on 3 years of abuse and its still fine, biggest gripe is its heavy as hell but for a jack thats more of a plus than a minus.

Have been looking for something that will lift several thousand lbs as in at least 10-20K to assist in leveling a 40 ft can.

Also something air powered would be nice.

A set of 2 or 4 im thinking.

American made would also be a big plus.

Non Harbor freight im thinking.

Depends what you want, bottle jack v floor jack. Hard to beat Hein Warner if you can stomach the price.

yellow daytona, really well made. And the stickers come off of it easily :grinpimp:

Got the yellow daytona for a xmas gift. Looks to be pretty stout, dwarfs my old craftsman jack. Thanks for all of the recommendations.

I have the cheapest smallest aluminum jack they sold, was like $50 6 or more years ago, it is a little bent from my abuse but it keeps lifting things. Got a few old american made heavy iron 3-ton ones that don't get used very often any more, once you have a 20lb floor jack, you'll always grab your 20lb floor jack.

Got the yellow daytona for a xmas gift. Looks to be pretty stout, dwarfs my old craftsman jack. Thanks for all of the recommendations.

it's quite a good floor jack, and a very good range of motion. I'm still tempted to buy another one or two.

I've been needing a new jack for a while. Bottle jack and hilift are just a pain sometimes.

I'm liking the one linked above, long reach helps with bigger tires (although I don't own anything bigger than 35s at the moment :laughing:)

Edit: grabbed the 3t long reach, 24.25" lift height. Sucks that they are pretty much going away from coupons more and more.

Will report back how it works on my 7.3 F350

Last edited:
After reading PBB and IBB posts when it came time to replace my floor jack, I drank the Daytona Yellow Jack kool-aid and have been very happy with it for the past few years.

I run a Pittsburgh 3T low profile here. got it a few years ago. it's a heavy bastard but it lifts my Cummins well enough. Mine is silver but it's this jack I believe.

it's a jack yo!

Only used it once, but I will say, it lifts fucking high. 2' didn't sound crazy, but when you jack it all the way up, it's a lot.

Foot pump deal is nice for quickly getting your hieght.

Lifted the 7.3 no problem.

Not exactly light :laughing:

yellow daytona is still working great. I kinda want a 2nd one.

I have a couple of these from costco. Fairly lightweight for a 3 ton and zero issues. One lives in the offroad truck 24/7 and I've never had a problem with it working in the middle of winter unlike some of the lightweight 1.5 ton aluminum jacks I kept in there in the past.

Top Back Refresh