What's new

"flat rate box" challenge

larboc

Limestone cowboy
Member Number
Loc
Da yoop
Swag has some new competition. I ordered 55 lbs of lead downrigger weights and the shipper crammed them in a $15 flat rate box. I'm not sure how the USPS makes money on flat rate boxes., UPS was going to be over $50.

IMG_20200805_120819829.jpg

IMG_20200805_121150985_LI.jpg

Memorable mail on its way, Diceman!:laughing:

I’ve shipped some of you guys syrup in flat rate boxes, didn’t seem like a deal to me.

Probably would have edited out the addresses. ¬.¬

HA- you think you got them, but they charged you an extra $00.05. Sucka!

I'm not sure how the USPS makes money on flat rate boxes.

They don’t. You haven’t been paying attention apparently. The USPS hasn’t made a profit since 2006.

I went to the trouble of covering up the address then uploaded the wrong file. doh.
Somewhere I need to find the picture of the press brake kit from swag I got in a flat rate box that was 99% A36 by volume. I had to pick it up from the post office because they wouldn't deliver it to work.
The rural carrier brought these weights right to my door.

There was a screw up in the shipping of the syrup you sent to moi..

Can you try it again ehhh.

We dont have quality syrup in this communist state.

It would be extremely appreciated.

I’ve shipped some of you guys syrup in flat rate boxes, didn’t seem like a deal to me.

PM me your last required amount and address

was the screw up that you drank it all?

In case anyone was wondering a Ford 8.8 ring and pinion just barely fits in a bubble wrap padded envelope. :laughing:

I went to the trouble of covering up the address then uploaded the wrong file. doh.
Somewhere I need to find the picture of the press brake kit from swag I got in a flat rate box that was 99% A36 by volume. I had to pick it up from the post office because they wouldn't deliver it to work.
The rural carrier brought these weights right to my door.

I ordered SWAG's press plates...The big ones:laughing:

The post man left em at the edge of the driveway in one of their totes:lmao:

My daughter drug them up to the garage for me, I was at work.

I remember a while back some guy was selling bulk leak and figured out he could get 55lbs into a cheap flat rate box. I want to say he got away with it for a while before they shut him down.

Probably not 55 lbs, but I ordered 3/8" chains and binders. 4 10' chains with hooks and 4 binders. They showed up in 2 flat rate boxes. :laughing: mail lady wasn't impressed and just kicked them out on the edge of the driveway.

I shipped a cnc lathe chuck with about 20 sets of extra jaws a couple weeks ago. All crammed in to a large flat rate with no room to spare. I used some 1/4 plywood to reinforce the bottom and top and then duct taped the entire outside. Scaled in at 67lbs.

Iirc, I asked the guy at the post office and he said 70 lbs was the limit. I think that's an osha thing, because even ups puts "heavy package" or some shit yellow tape all over any box over 70 lbs.

I semi-routinely send my FIL hand picked wheel weights so he can make shot. I line the box with 1/4 inch plywood and use a roll of tape. Heaviest one i've sent was about 70lbs. Its funny to watch em try to pick it up off the desk even with repeated warnings and labels.

I semi-routinely send my FIL hand picked wheel weights so he can make shot. I line the box with 1/4 inch plywood and use a roll of tape. Heaviest one i've sent was about 70lbs. Its funny to watch em try to pick it up off the desk even with repeated warnings and labels.
I remember being unable to fit more than about 65ish lbs of weights into one of the sizes, all sorted clip-on weights
iirc it was that brocko2 guy that got it
I will never acknowledge that you three people claim to be one

[486 said:
;n216131]
I remember being unable to fit more than about 65ish lbs of weights into one of the sizes, all sorted clip-on weights
iirc it was that brocko2 guy that got it
I will never acknowledge that you three people claim to be one

Yeah. They are typically 60-65 ish pounds. That box had lots of old tape weights in it iirc.

Yeah. They are typically 60-65 ish pounds. That box had lots of old tape weights in it iirc.
shit sucks lately,
really ain't many are actually lead in the bucket nowadays
probably 80 percent steel, 10 percent zinc, 5 of that plastic 3m tape weight that sucks ass to peel off and the rest lead

[486 said:
;n216319]
shit sucks lately,
really ain't many are actually lead in the bucket nowadays
probably 80 percent steel, 10 percent zinc, 5 of that plastic 3m tape weight that sucks ass to peel off and the rest lead

Yep. Especially since commifornia outlawed lead weights. I've still got probably 6-700lbs of old wheel weights and maybe a ton of ingots.

Top Back Refresh