What's new

First plasma table build

it taps in to the pressure relief side
when your pump cycles, it cycles

edit
I don't see it on their web site anymore
Embarrassingly I bought one of those one time but I didn't have the right shit to connect to my system and it's now I have no idea where:homer:

I think it runs off the unloader pressure cycle right?

For $20 I am gonna try one of these float valves, might get the other style to put on the tank, I've been doing it manually :barf:

Working on making a CKC logo to cut into the control cabinet door. Got some lexan coming to put behind it.

Inkscape was kicking my ass last night but a fresh brain this morning and I got one of my logos of Facebook traced and cleaned up, looks ok.

I don't really have enough slats to try and cut this door but I'm probably gonna try it anyway :shaking:

The sheetcam > LinuxCNC is kicking my ass.
When I load the gcode I was getting errors F1 doesn't match the material in Linuxcnc and another error about the plunge feed rate not matching. I think that's because I have two different tools, 1 in sheetcam and one in Linuxcnc.

Can anyone suggest a ideal work flow for this?
I think I need all the tools created in sheetcam then copy them too LinuxCNC but maybe there is a better way?

1000008054.jpg

I'm not familiar with either of those programs, but in my fusion 360 to firecontrol work flow, if firecontrol is angry at something I focus on the fusion 360 post processor settings.

I cleaned up the bitmap a bunch more, removed a shit ton of extra nodes and built a mudflap weight.

I actually felt pretty capable with inkscape for the first time.
Stainless cut quality is shit, probably should have tried that pit on some scrap first.

It's just clamped on the old mudflap weight right now, haven't decided if I'm gonna run this or send this file to send cut send.
Their shit looks perfect...
1000008067.jpg

1000008069.jpg

Scored a 15 gallon barrel for the water tank.
Got a bar sink drain flange I am gonna weld to the bottom of the pan and attempt a air pressure pumped filler.

1700170301814.jpeg

Version 1 of water tank is done.
Got a quick exhaust valve coming tomorrow that should improve the drain speed.
It works fine now id just like it a little quicker.

I'm gonna add another regulator direct to the tank with a larger fitting to prevent over pressurizing for any reason.
I already had a booboo where I thought the drain was open and it wasn't :homer:

I will also extend the drain valve out to the front panel so you don't have to reach under.

1000008253.jpg

1000008254.jpg

Quick exhaust valve is perfect.

Fill time and drain time are both a hair over a minute.
(Pardon cobbled splice, I ran out of 1/4 male not fittings)

1000008257.jpg

Handle for drain/fill valve is done.
Still have a lot to do to get the Sheetcam to LinuxCNC, I can make it work but it's not ideal cause I am modifing every parameter each time which pretty lame.

I need to figure out the ideal work flow, create the "plasma" tools in Sheetcam or in Linuxcnc.

For a blind guess I am pretty happy with the detail on this little font and arrows @110 ipm.

1000008260.jpg

1000008261.jpg
O
1000008258.jpg

And almost forgot but I damn near destroyed the water pan after trying to fix the distortion I put into it welding the sink drain on... I knew better but did it anyway :homer:

I should have made a simple dimple die and flush mounted it but I once again thought I could weld sheet metal with out fucking it up :lmao:

Honey do project...
Wall sconce out of a 4" tube
I copied all the tools into/out of sheetcam but still get a feed rate error on the default tool when I open the g code, not really sure wtf is going on there.
Also got a touchscreen monitor but I can't get that to work in Debian, prolly cause it's a old monitor.

1000010359.jpg

Honey do project...
Wall sconce out of a 4" tube
I copied all the tools into/out of sheetcam but still get a feed rate error on the default tool when I open the g code, not really sure wtf is going on there.
Also got a touchscreen monitor but I can't get that to work in Debian, prolly cause it's a old monitor.

1000010359.jpg

For plasma with a water table I hated having a touch screen monitor. Go pick up a drop off the table, get your hands a little wet then the touch screen wouldn't work at all!

Consider it a win!

For plasma with a water table I hated having a touch screen monitor. Go pick up a drop off the table, get your hands a little wet then the touch screen wouldn't work at all!

Consider it a win!
Well I was going to keep the mouse/keyboard too, just seemed nice to have the option for quick buttons, laser,framing etc.
I probably need to setup a game controller for that though, would be more useful I bet.

Going to have redesign the Z axis sooner than later, at 160"/min there is some serious"tooth" to the cuts.
I'm pretty surprised it works as well as it does as shitty as it is.

Going to have redesign the Z axis sooner than later, at 160"/min there is some serious"tooth" to the cuts.
I'm pretty surprised it works as well as it does as shitty as it is.
Said fuck it and ordered some 1000mm rails for the X and the stuff to redo the Z with some 8mm rails. I'm still trying to keep it lite.

I really like that house number concept! I've been thinking of some driveway/pathway markers and might do something similar.
I had planned on putting led strips inside but I ended up making a tab inside for a ceramic socket and used a Kasa LED bulb.
I'm gonna change the stainless screws (wife isn't a fan) I'll get some pix of the magnetic plexi backer.

1704291783293.jpeg

I swapped the stainless socket head screws for counter sunk black oxide screws.
Got some pic of the assembly, the mount screws are hidden behind one of the house numbers, in this case the 6.

The plexiglass is about the same inner width of the tube, and has little 1/2" magnets epoxied flush to it, the back edge is painted white. I'm not sure that's a good idea maybe I should have coated it with vinyl.
The number lights aren't even from top to bottom but my wife approves.

I was thinking about putting foil tape right behind each number to shield the direct light from the bulb but I'm probably not gonna fuck with it.

20240103_185526.jpg
20240103_185548.jpg
20240103_185551.jpg
20240103_185623.jpg
20240103_185629.jpg
20240103_190536.jpg

Paint them black, they will turn bright orange in short order outside.
and get the rusty spots that are on their way already inside that tube
you will already have all the stuff out, get it before you discover rust streaks one day

nice job

Top Back Refresh