What's new

F-3fiddy Tow rig BS thread

bad zuki

Thread De-Railer
Member Number
Loc
GWNF
Starting a BS chat/ build thread on the F-350.

Backstory, I sold my last truck to prop up the down payment on my house. I regret it since it was a 98 QCLB 12v, 5 speed, 4wd, truck with no rust, But a house with a low interest rate was the best financial investment I'll ever make. A couple of years go by and this truck pops up for a steal. The plates are a south park reference. This thread is just me fixing this up to maybe visit the west coast next year.

I've been wanting to do a Chase rack for the longest time and never got around to it. So I started putting the tube through the bender and hoped for the best. Pay no attention to the dirty shop. Last week was a sh!tshow.

IMG_1735.JPG
IMG_1738.JPG

First tube knocked out and fit really good for no angle finder or level. :flipoff2:

IMG_1741.JPG

Next I build a 48"x48" box that was square as a trapezoid and put it back in the bender and squared it up.

IMG_1755.JPG

Build some supports with 1"x1" square stock that was laying around. Then added the back tubes to give it kind of a retro look. I'm hoping it won't mess up towing my gooseneck trailer, but YOLO.

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1767.JPG

Next, since it's top heavy, I've just been leaving the top bit on the floor. I walked square into the sharp angle iron and bruised the hell out of my leg. Hence the Floor Jack counter weight system.

IMG_1773.JPG

I wanted to get some LED KC DayLighters or some Baja Designs, but those are too dam expensive. I found some Hella 4000's on close out and went with them instead. I used more of that 1" square stock to finish out the Light rack Friday night. Painted it, and went to a friends car show on Saturday.

IMG_1782.JPG
IMG_1811.JPG
IMG_1791.JPG

:beer:

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm probably not going to do alot to this thing. Maybe 2005+ suspension down the road, but that will be a while.

That rack is back far enough that it shouldn't hum. That gets old quick.

Truck looks good.

:laughing: didn't even notice it in that picture
Shhhh don’t tell anyone on the internet my plate number :flipoff2:

That rack is back far enough that it shouldn't hum. That gets old quick.

Truck looks good.
Thanks man, I think the 2 open square tubes catch a small whistle from time to time, but overall I’m happy with how well it turned out.

Tint ordered!

Top Back Refresh