What's new

Exhaust Routing for Stretched TJ w/4-Link and Coilovers?

giles45shop

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Odessa, FL
So onto the next problem to overcome in my build. Originally, my TJ was linked, but not stretched and had normal shocks and coils. I had a 2.25" exhaust made by a local muffler shop that cleared everything and exited in the normal factory location.

Now that I've stretched it 4" back and added 2" CO's, it looks like that isn't going to work. If it is possible, the exhaust is going to be within 1/2" or less of the skid for the BTF fuel cell. I know I could wrap the exhaust to keep from heating the fuel, but thought I would see if anyone had actually been able to make this work with a stretched rear, coilovers, 4link with fuel tank under the tub?

It has a short resonator chamber and no muffler, so I can do a simple turn-down just after of the skid plate, but would prefer an exit from under the tub, just not sure it's possible with all of those contributing factors?

I don't have pics of the exhaust on hand but I did exactly what you are describing to my 5" stretch TJ. I fabbed a new exhaust from the cat back, used a Magna Flow oval muffler and ran the tail pipe up and over the top of the top link with the axle at full stuff and then down the side of the cell in the factory tail pipe spot. It wasn't hard to do at all.

Top Back Refresh