What's new

Ever forget about a gun?

What was the outcome of the “hidden gun” ?

I bought a 22 Ruger pistol and a bunch of rounds years ago. Only shot it a few times. Hid it real good. I thought I hid it in a motor home I had. I searched for days before selling it. Never found it to this day. Still have a couple bricks of bullets.
Missed the appointment and they "allowed" me to take the gun back after filling out paperwork.

Said it was my "warning"

Was stupid.

well i have ADD and the attention span of a spider monkey on crack. if it is nothing real special to me at the time i just throw that memory out. so i find shit i forget about all the time. hell i come home to packages that i ordered that week and have no idea what is in them. its like Christmas but better. when i open it up it is actually something i wanted.

When I was evacuating a few weeks back, I found several in the back of one of my safes that I had forgotten about.

Found this unfired Rhineland Arms R22.

0B665767-BD70-4ADC-B131-ADA8069D83D2.jpeg

Lost? No.
Delayed for about 20 yrs in getting it finished? Yep...fun is tracking down all the fiddly bits after 4 long distance moves.

Upper one in the pic is the newer build. Lower is my competition/CA pig hunt piece. For the record the Lower has a 1" octagonal 38" Green Mt 1:72 twist barrel. Drop is 3" and pull is 15 for those familiar with building offhand BP pieces. Upper is a Moody 1:66 forsyth twist tapered 36" barrel same stock specs on pull and drop.

1664562712243.jpeg

Last edited:
I found a revolver in a kitchen drawer that I forgot existed, does that count?

Upper one in the pic is the newer build. Lower is my competition/CA pig hunt piece. For the record the Lower has a 1" octagonal 38" Green Mt 1:72 twist barrel. Drop is 3" and pull is 15 for those familiar with building offhand BP pieces. Upper is a Moody 1:66 forsyth twist tapered 36" barrel same stock specs on pull and drop.

Dad got into building those a while back. Amazing how well a rifle feels with a lil cast off in the stock and swamped barrel

English pls.....tell me what that means?

Cast off in the stock is the sideways offset, the buttstock is from the centerline in the barrel.

A swamped barrel, is a barrel that tapers down quite a bit. And then flares back out towards the muzzle. Kinda funky, but cuts a bit of weight. And even with a 60cal 40"+ barrel, the guns shoot awesome offhand.

English pls.....tell me what that means?
cast off is the shift of the centerline of the of the stock butt to the right as viewed from the butt.
A swamped barrel is one with a double taper. Starting from the breech it tapers down for a distance then tapers back out for a short distance to the muzzle. This taper shifts the balance so the piece isn't as barrel forward heavy. Makes for a real fun task inletting the barrel into the stock.

In my case when I yakked about stock drop and pull...
Drop is the distance on the stock from the top of the barrel to the top of the stock at the butt. Yields a better offhand sight picture most times with crescent butt plates and arm holds. Large drops are not so good for prone...

Pull is the distance from the trigger to the centerline of the butt. My builds have a 15" pull which is a tad longer than what most hardware has (12.5-13 most typically)
I'm 6-3 with long arms and longish neck so...longer pull and decent drop.
All that type mod can make for a custom piece than not everyone can use. Hence why one runs into stock designs with adjustable butt plate and cheek area .

Top Back Refresh